: Clutch bleeding difficulties- lost all pressure and stuck

Overd0s3
05-05-12, 08:10 PM
I always did the turkey baster method of changing my clutch fluid but I decided to tackle the task of bleeding the whole thing.
I found the valve and followed the pattern from the FAQ, open, clutch down, close, clutch up.
I got maybe 3 rounds in until it stopped flowing and now there is no clutch pressure.

Maybe like 50ml if that got out and I continued to do the pattern above with a friend about 250 times and no luck. The reservoir is full and I'm out of ideas. I have absolutely zero pressure.

Any ideas?

----------

Note that no fluid is coming out of the valve, maybe tiny spirts here and there but something has to be up

darkman
05-05-12, 08:13 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/248383-problem-bleeding-clutch.html#post2812657

Look at the above. I think you may be omitting a step where the valve is opened with the pedal depressed to allow air to escape.

Overd0s3
05-05-12, 08:23 PM
I followed those exact steps and Im stuck with no pressure, the bad fluid is still in and won't come out. I even tried to suck it out with a pump and it won't come out

----------

in any case what do I do now?

darkman
05-05-12, 08:29 PM
I think I would open the bleeder and let it gravity bleed for a few minutes, and then try again.

Here is a thread with some variations on the bleeding procedure.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/253086-serious-trouble-bleeding-clutch.html

Overd0s3
05-05-12, 08:40 PM
Ok Im gonna open it and let it sit for a few hours and see what happens

darkman
05-05-12, 08:41 PM
I think all you are up against is some air in the line.

Overd0s3
05-05-12, 09:01 PM
Just doesn't make any sense how that air got in. should the cap to the res be opened or closed while its gravity bleeding?

darkman
05-05-12, 09:11 PM
Just doesn't make any sense how that air got in. should the cap to the res be opened or closed while its gravity bleeding?

Open for gravity bleeding. You did try opening the valve while holding the clutch pedal in the depressed position, right? If so, did anything come out - if there is air in the line it should come out then.

Overd0s3
05-05-12, 09:21 PM
nothing came out, just air. how much fluid does the whole system have?

darkman
05-05-12, 09:29 PM
The fluid capacity is not specified in the book, my guess is no more than 8 ounces.

Looking over some of the other threads and posts - some report being able to restore some pedal by simply pumping the pedal with the system closed (bleeder closed, reservoir lid on.).

RVO27
05-05-12, 10:15 PM
Check to make sure the diaphragm for the clutch reservoir cap isn't sitting in the reservoir. The first time I bled my clutch I didn't notice that the diaphragm had not come off with the cap and I was putting the fluid on top of it.

rand49er
05-05-12, 11:02 PM
Have never done this myself, though I've paid to have it done.

Now I know why.

Overd0s3
05-05-12, 11:20 PM
thanks everyone for the quick responses I have it back up running I was just an idiot and didnt keep the res full

once I figured it out it took no more than 15 mins. How much did you pay to get it done?