: 24" or 26" wheels

BlownEscalade
05-05-12, 02:56 PM
Hey I'm thinking of getting a set of rims for my Escalade but don't know which one to get. I was loking at a set of 26" lexani wheels but was wondering if they would warp quick because of such small tires you have to run. I believe the tires would have to be 305/30r26? I was debating on just 24's so that it get more protection for the rims because more rubber. Let me know what you guys think and any input from anyone with 26's
Thanks

fivepix
05-05-12, 03:22 PM
It really depends on the roads in your area and the type of ride quality you want to maintain, I stuck with 24's because the roads around here suck , the 26's wouldn't be any issues but I wouldn't enjoy the ride quality.

I know a couple of people with 26's in my area and they haven't had any issues with warping. There are also a bunch of members on here that have 26's so they will give some great feedback.

Lexani is good brand, I bought a set of LX6 last summer and I really like them. I even had a lady run a red light at an intersection and hit my rear passenger rim, she scratched the shit out of it but the wheels didn't bend or warp at all, the impact was pretty hard too pushed my truck to the side and set off all the Onstar sensors, did get a new rim tho :)

which Lexani rims are you thinking about of getting?

BlownEscalade
05-05-12, 03:51 PM
I'm thinking of getting the Lexani Lust. There's a place that has them but as a blank. I guess they drill them out to whatever bolt pattern you want. Is that normal? Haven't bought rims in a while. Is there any particular off set I should get or tire size for less rubbing?

d_v_o_1
05-05-12, 05:17 PM
May want to reconsider 305/30/26 rubber. I have tires that size and there is some rubbing and if you are lowered at all, you may have major rubbing. Just a heads up.

torr714
05-05-12, 06:38 PM
I original had 26 inch lexani on my 07 rubbed through the wheel well and the ride was terrible that why I put back the original 22 nothing beats them even my 09 esv have factory 22

BlownEscalade
05-05-12, 08:41 PM
Now wouldn't the 2011 ride better than the 2007 because of the new suspension? I'm more worried about warping them. But the wheel place told me they are monoblock which is another form of forged.

torr714
05-05-12, 09:18 PM
It's the height of the sidewall the thinner the less damping and worse ride my 09 have magn suspension and I tried them on it a still rode bad

quattrotman
05-05-12, 09:42 PM
I lived in Edmonton and the roads there are atrocious. Im in Vancouver now and have 26's. The roads here are really good so I have zero issues but I don't think I would do 26's in Edmonton. One nasty pothole and you're done...that being said, 24's aren't going to be that much better. They will offer you more sidewall but IMO you will still need to be careful. If you are type that is careful and aware of the potholes and stuff you could probably get away with it. I think the ride is still very good with 26's and can't beat the look.

BlownEscalade
05-05-12, 10:43 PM
I was just looking up specs on 24"-26" tires and the sidewall difference is about 1/4" difference. I just don't want to spend 4k on rims and have them warp in a few weeks or months.

quattrotman
05-06-12, 03:01 AM
...just to add to the topic...forged wheels are a lot stronger than cast wheels. If you are concerned, get a forged wheel. They are very tough.

BlownEscalade
05-06-12, 03:34 PM
Yeah I was doing a little reading on them and monoblock is a one piece forged rim.

BEarle
05-06-12, 07:31 PM
I have 26 inch Gianna color matched wheels for the summer and 24 inch stock replica wheels for the winter. I don't notice the ride difference between either of them, they both feel the same. I would go 26, go big or go home...if you get the 24s you will be wishing you would of went with the 26s trust me, don't worry about bending the wheels. My suggestion is not to buy really expensive wheels if your worried, like Asantis or lexanis.... Go with a diablo or Gianna they both are really good wheels and are inexpensive, Asantis are like $6k when you can get a pair of Gianna's for $3k.

BlownEscalade
05-06-12, 08:12 PM
I was looking at Lexanis for $4k

BlownEscalade
05-07-12, 01:35 AM
Or what do you guys think of 24" Platinum replicas? The platinum rim look sweet too. I just want to get something bigger than 22's. Opinions?

kazza93203
05-07-12, 01:49 AM
These are my lexani's 26's

BEarle
05-07-12, 10:32 PM
If your worried about 26s, that would be a good pick going with the 24 inch platinum replicas. I would do those and drop it with a spindle kit to close the gap and it would look awesome!