Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I just installed a new radiator and it already appears to be leaking.

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Tackelbarry 
#1 ·
I installed this radiator approximately a month ago and already appears to be leaking. We are going to do a pressure test this morning to make sure it is the radiator. I can not see any indication that it is coming from the water pump. It looks like a couple of the crimps at the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side may be faulty. If it is the radiator, what are my options? Are the aluminum radiators really that much better for cooling purposes? This one was made by Performance Radiators. Thanks.

#14 ·
Hey Dave i have a question for you about the Performance Radiator i'm trying to make sure they sold me the correct one for a cts-v and not the base cts. i noticed when i opened the box the radiator had 2 fittings at the bottom possibly for trans cooler did yours have those fittings.i don't think the stock radiator have those at the bottom but the parts person insist it is the correct radiator for the V.the part number i have is PR2346 is that what you have.thanks i would appreciate any info you can give me before i tear this thing down this weekend.

#15 ·
MIKEC said:
Hey Dave i have a question for you about the Performance Radiator i'm trying to make sure they sold me the correct one for a cts-v and not the base cts. i noticed when i opened the box the radiator had 2 fittings at the bottom possibly for trans cooler did yours have those fittings.i don't think the stock radiator have those at the bottom but the parts person insist it is the correct radiator for the V.the part number i have is PR2346 is that what you have.thanks i would appreciate any info you can give me before i tear this thing down this weekend.
Yes that is the part number i purchased as well. They told me it works for V and CTS. It does have the extra connection at the bottom for a trans cooler line (which an automatic CTS would need). I am gonna keep a close eye on mine. Hopefully it will not leak...

#16 ·
That is the same radiator as they sold me. And, it does drop in and fit. However, I would definately consider upgrading to an aluminum that is fully welded. It only took about 30 days for my Performance radiator to fail. I will be installing an Alradco when it arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.