: HELP!!!! newbie needs help

robfromnc78
05-04-12, 11:44 PM
jumped into the V today started her up and before I was ready to pull out i noticed that the Temp gauge went to 0nso i cycled the digital read out from oil pressure to water temp and noticed that all readings are fine except for the water which is displaying (---) please help trying not to have to drop $$$$ at the dealer.

----------

almost for got if you let the car sit turned off for a few seconds then start it the temp and digi gauge will read the temp but then after about 10 to 15 seconds they both drop to nothing and (---). thanks for any help you guys can give me.

rand49er
05-05-12, 07:19 AM
Either a loose connection or your water temperature sensor has gone kerphlooy.

TheLostDriver
05-05-12, 01:24 PM
Just get a new sensor for now. It's fairly cheap and easy to replace. Just make sure you buy coolant to refill what you're gonna lose after removing it

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-07-12, 01:59 PM
robfromnc78, I'm sorry you've been experiencing this. While I would recommend a trip to your dealership for a thorough diagnosis, I can appreciate your point of view. Glad to see that forum members have already begun replying with helpful feedback, and if you are ever looking for parts gmpartsdirect.com may be very helpful for you! (GM neither endorses nor maintains this site, however, and will not be responsible for its contents.)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

robfromnc78
05-07-12, 03:56 PM
Thanks every one i disconnected the battery and reconnected and every thing has seemed to return to normal.