: Repaired front end clunk

Juggernaut850
05-03-12, 11:11 PM
Just wanted to let you folks know that I had a Loud clunk coming from the front end that the dealer believed was a bad strut.

Changed the sway bar bushings and end links and it took care of the noise. Pretty easy job in only a couple of hours including a stripped nut.

One piece of advice is the new end links did nut come with new nuts, you may want to pick these up as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-12, 12:00 PM
Juggernaut850, thank you for sharing that! I'm glad your noise concern was resolved, and it's great that you took the time to post the updates to assist the other community members.

Have a great weekend & enjoy your V,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

9t8z28
05-04-12, 12:04 PM
What was wrong with the bushings and endlinks?

mstrjon32
05-04-12, 01:42 PM
I just replaced my struts with a new set of FG2's and it's still clunking. I'm going to try replacing this stuff next. Do you have any torque specs on hand, or any installation instructions, or is this job obvious enough?

Juggernaut850
05-04-12, 07:18 PM
I just replaced my struts with a new set of FG2's and it's still clunking. I'm going to try replacing this stuff next. Do you have any torque specs on hand, or any installation instructions, or is this job obvious enough?

Sorry to hear that and that was my intention for posting, to hopefully avoid having someone else going the strut route.

Don't have the torque spec, used my calibrated arms instead....

Used jack stands with the wheels off and it is very straight forward. Make sure you use some penetrant and clean the link bolt threads well prior to removing he nuts.

Changed the bushings first then the links.

CTSV_510
05-04-12, 09:43 PM

Sway bar brackets are 44 ft-lbs and endlink bolts are 37 ft-lbs.

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/swaybar/index.html