: Anybody with 94-99 aftermarket radio problems read this!!!

karsr1952
05-03-12, 02:22 PM
I recently purchased a 1998 Cadillac Deville and installed a new double din radio. Well, as all of you know it is a big problem with these cars. Lucky for me I met a person who works for the company Metra who makes interfaces for vehicles right here in Daytona, Fl. After searching around and seeing everybody having the same problem I donated my car to them for 3 days in order to get these interfaces re-engineered and working properly to make all you Cadillac owners have an easier time. After working diligently:bouncy: on my vehicle they have finally designed an interface that works properly with these vehicles! I just got my car back today so the design should be available within the next couple of days! If anybody has any questions get back to me and I can give you more info. BTW, even though I did this company a huge favor they were really good people and were very concerned with the problems all of us were having. Hope I could be a help to all of you!

eazyshaw
05-10-12, 12:16 AM
I would really like to know what I have to buy to make my radio work correctly in my 98 deville PLEASE help

karsr1952
05-10-12, 03:25 PM
Metra Inc. makes an interface that will solve your problems. If you already have one then you can either go to a local Metra dealer and tell them there is new software for it and that it needs to be updated. If you don't have one yet then you want to go through Metra Inc. and they with give you one of the updated interfaces and you shouldn't have a problem. I got the first updated one obviously since my car was the test dummy and I have not had one problem since. The company is great and i'm sure will help you. Let me know how you make out.

jlee93
05-20-12, 01:00 PM
I'm just starting to look into an upgrade. Can you tell me what part #'s I may need from Metra? I have a 99 deville d'elegance with the factory HU and 11 speaker setup.

karsr1952
05-20-12, 06:01 PM
Go on Metra inc.'s website and it should tell you the exact interface needed. I recommend getting it straight from Metra inc. so you get an updated one. If you can't figure it out call them and they will tell you. They are very good people there and they are very cuatomer oriented. You will most likely need an interface harness, wiring harness, antenna adapter and dash kit. I wish you the best of luck and let me know how you make out. :)