Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help! Radiator dilema

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Larimer 
#1 ·
I need a new radiator for my 04 V. I dont want to pay over $400 so that rules out the Ron Davjs and Alradco ones. Dont think i should buy the GM one as it will probably leak eventually.

What are other options?

#2 ·
If you plan on owning this car for more than a year, I STRONGLY suggest you spend the extra $100 and get the Alradco. Do it once, and be done... If you buy a OEM style, when it starts leaking agian and you buy a second one, you will have spent more if you would have just bought the Alradco. My 04 had been through 4 radiators according to the dealer history. When it started leaking on me, I didn't hesitate to get a real radiator.

#4 ·
I also just had to make this decision last month.
I coughed up the extra money for the same reasons raguncajn mentioned.
I figured that I was planning on keeping the V and if i bought a GM radiator and then I ever had to buy another one I would be cursing myself for not buying the Alradco one in the first place.
So, I ordered the Alradco. It shipped fairly quick and the craftsmanship was superb. It bolted in quickly and easily without any modding.
Runs cool, looks cool and peace of mind knowing it will hold up a lot better than the others would.
Just my .02
~Tony

#5 ·
I would probably buy the alradco for $489. But, then again, stock rad is $252.79 at www.RockAuto.com ...assuming ACDELCO Part # 21642 (#16051654, #19129908) RADIATOR 6 SPD M/TRANS is the right part number. Although, its just going to fail...mine did around 30k and was on back order for weeks before I could get one done under CPO warranty ...dealer handed me a bottle of coolant and said we'll call you when it's in. I just topped off with distilled water a few times...

If you go aftermarket, please let me know when you do the install...I wouldn't mind getting to see the quality.

#7 ·
Stock crimped plastic and aluminum rads seem to always leak, whether right after in stall or a little while down the line. I wouldn't take the chance on a car like this. ALRADCO is the way to go hands down. I did an install thread when I got the prototype so maybe it will help you out with what it takes to do, what it looks like, capacities, etc. I have over a year on mine with tens of thousands of miles. (and I beat on my cars...) No issues at all!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...aluminum-radiator-install-thread-alradco.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.