: Navi inop

torr714
05-02-12, 09:14 PM
My navi started showing disc error and took to the dealer just got it back and navi works. Then noticed when you hit the aux button I used to be able to switch back and forth between the d p

----------

Sorry my son hit the send button I used to be able to switch back and forth between DVD and aux on the two screens now I cannot is this new or didn't the not program the radio right has anyone else had this problem thank for all your help

torr714
05-03-12, 01:23 PM
Car is at the dealer once again will let you guys k ow what they find

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-03-12, 04:35 PM
Car is at the dealer once again will let you guys k ow what they find

Thank you, torr714! Looking forward to your updates, and please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Feel free to send me a DM anytime.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone
05-03-12, 07:40 PM
If they installed a new unit, and it's the proper one they can add that to the screen with their Tech II tool, or maybe they put the wrong unit in

torr714
05-03-12, 09:36 PM
Thank hvcone you where right the dealer didn't program it right

----------

Thank hvcone you where right new radio and the didn't program it right it great so many people that help and so many resources on this forum

----------

Sorry spellcheck keeps changing your name

MrHolland
05-04-12, 12:17 AM
Mr. Cone

mr69vett
05-05-12, 01:30 AM
I'd like to tag on to your thread. I picked up my 09 EXT last Friday, the NAV was not working when i picked up the truck, they said it needed to be upgrade the software, they will send me DVD. I got it today in the mail, installed it, then removed and installed the original NAV DVD, still reading the same NAV Disk error. I will try to call dealer back tomorrow, Sat. but may have to wait until Monday to talk to someone, just wondering if maybe just a bad NAV DVD? The DVD does read and play regular DVD so I know it is functional. I hope it will just be the NAV DVD and they can send me one, if not I'll have to drive 3 hours back to where I purchased for repairs, not that I mind the drive in the EXt but my time is worth something! Thanks for any info. Dave

CadX6
05-05-12, 02:16 PM
I'd like to tag on to your thread. I picked up my 09 EXT last Friday, the NAV was not working when i picked up the truck, they said it needed to be upgrade the software, they will send me DVD. I got it today in the mail, installed it, then removed and installed the original NAV DVD, still reading the same NAV Disk error. I will try to call dealer back tomorrow, Sat. but may have to wait until Monday to talk to someone, just wondering if maybe just a bad NAV DVD? The DVD does read and play regular DVD so I know it is functional. I hope it will just be the NAV DVD and they can send me one, if not I'll have to drive 3 hours back to where I purchased for repairs, not that I mind the drive in the EXt but my time is worth something! Thanks for any info. Dave

If the disk they sent you is an original GM item, it should be a combination system update and navigation map udate. If you installed the update with that disk - it's possible the old disk won't work. Once the system is updated, it's supposed to be used with the new disk. However I kind of doubt that a simple software/hardware update would cure a problem of the system totally not working. If what you're getting is disk read errors, it could be that the old disk was bad. Have you tried navigating using the system with the new disk in the drive?
PS - If the system read the new disk they sent you and did the update - that's a good sign - says that the drive itself is OK.

mr69vett
05-06-12, 04:59 PM
I just went for a ride, put the old NAV disk in, got a disk error, removed and reinstalled and began working! Oh Yeah! Lets hope this continues to work! Thanks for the info!

Dave

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-07-12, 12:08 PM
Very relieved to hear that, Dave! Thank you for posting your update.

And thank you to CadX6 for posting such helpful information this weekend!

Katie

mr69vett
05-08-12, 09:40 PM
Well went for another ride and NAV won't read disk again! I called the dealer I just purchased the truck from 2 weeks ago, he fowarded the email I sent to the service manager to see if they can get me a new NAV disk. We'll see what happenes................

Thanks,

Dave

bruin300
05-09-12, 11:09 AM
It may not be the disk. I was having the same problem. I swapped disk with another escalade. My disk worked in the other escalade, but my escalade also showed the map disk error with the disk from the other escalade. I took my truck to the dealer so they can check the Service Stabilitytrac, Service traction control. I advised my service advisor. He said he would look into it. He called back and advised me that the radio was bad and needed replacement because the radio and dvd came as one unit. Long story short, everything was fixed under warranty.

evois
05-18-12, 10:04 PM
Same thing here. I had my escalade hybrid since new. Just recently at 95k miles it keeps saying map DVD error even if I just updated it with a new current DVD from gm navdisk. after ejecting it x3 it will work on the third try but also noted a sluggish finding of directions. Dealer just called me back and said they replaced the nav/radio system and just waiting for my xm, onstar as well as onstar phone to sync. They did this without even asking me. At least it did not waste my time as well as theirs in waiting for my go signal. All covered by my gmpp. Awesome dealer(I know I haven't pick up the car yet). This dealer is recommended by my gm mole. If you are in south Florida, where I am currently, Ed Morse Cadillac is the best.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-21-12, 01:29 PM
Same thing here. I had my escalade hybrid since new. Just recently at 95k miles it keeps saying map DVD error even if I just updated it with a new current DVD from gm navdisk. after ejecting it x3 it will work on the third try but also noted a sluggish finding of directions. Dealer just called me back and said they replaced the nav/radio system and just waiting for my xm, onstar as well as onstar phone to sync. They did this without even asking me. At least it did not waste my time as well as theirs in waiting for my go signal. All covered by my gmpp. Awesome dealer(I know I haven't pick up the car yet). This dealer is recommended by my gm mole. If you are in south Florida, where I am currently, Ed Morse Cadillac is the best.

We're so glad to know that you are this satisfied with the service you are receiving from your dealership, evois. I see that this post was a few days ago - have you had the chance to pick up your Escalade, and if so how is everything running for you?

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)

evois
05-21-12, 02:24 PM
everything is working fine. the new nav looks just like the old one but works quicker now. I have a 2009 but the nav cover looks like the 2010! nice.