: wind noise at wide open throttle?

Captain McFunk
05-02-12, 04:52 PM
Hey guys, please see my video below. It's a 0-110mph run through the gears. Every time I punch it, i hear the sound of what is like tires screeching or very loud wind almost at high RPM's, you can hear it in this video, separate from the supercharger whine. Anyone have any clue what this could be? all windows are up in this video. Car feels fine and pulls hard.

Thanks,

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainMcFunk?feature=mhee

Trapspeed
05-02-12, 05:56 PM
Sounds like boost bleeding off to me. It's consistent with engine speed and sounds less at lower boost conditions. That's just my thought.

Captain McFunk
05-02-12, 05:59 PM
what does boost bleed off mean? Is it normal or bad? First FI car, so don't judge me ;)

Trapspeed
05-02-12, 06:03 PM
Not judging at all! I'm not an LSA expert but in most FI applications there are valves or other failsafes put in place to keep pressure under control so the engine doesn't grenade due to lack of fuel and too much boost or other potentially detrimental condition. Ever hear the turbo ricers with the loud blow-off valves that loudly "woosh" when they backpedal? That's kind of what I'm talking about. That may be what you hear. Someone more savvy than me will chime in soon.

Club Malibu
05-02-12, 06:53 PM
I wanna make the audio of that my new ring tone

Captain McFunk
05-02-12, 08:30 PM
lol i'll see if i can make it. i bet I can to be honest.

Thanks!

Also, I see it shows 9 lbs of boost throughout the video, looks to be okay? i did some reading and i think you might be right, TrapSpeed

smackdownCTSV
05-02-12, 10:08 PM
I heard it, noticed it more around 17-18 seconds, I don't know, but you need some air in your tires.

Captain McFunk
05-02-12, 10:33 PM
I heard it, noticed it more around 17-18 seconds, I don't know, but you need some air in your tires.

I need to reset my sensors. No air needed.

smackdownCTSV
05-02-12, 10:56 PM
What mods?

Captain McFunk
05-02-12, 11:08 PM
Intake, cutouts

smackdownCTSV
05-02-12, 11:26 PM
Might be dumb/obvious, but it would be worth checking the install on both.

glwtf!

CTS-Vz
05-03-12, 10:53 AM
My wife always says "it's sounds like a window is open" when on the highway NOT revving the engine... Kinda sounds the same as your video but wouldn't be any type of blow off valve since I'm running constant low RPMs? Car did this when stock and still does with mods. Plenty of air in tires. Anybody else have any ideas???

thebigjimsho
05-03-12, 11:48 AM
Hey guys, please see my video below. It's a 0-110mph run through the gears. Every time I punch it, i hear the sound of what is like tires screeching or very loud wind almost at high RPM's, you can hear it in this video, separate from the supercharger whine. Anyone have any clue what this could be? all windows are up in this video. Car feels fine and pulls hard.

Thanks,

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainMcFunk?feature=mhee (http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainMcFunk?feature=mhee)

Are you talking about the sound at launch? Or is it throughout the video? I'm on mobile so my audio is not the greatest...

quikag
05-03-12, 11:57 AM
Check your diff. It can make a whiny type noise if it's going bad and/or low on fluid.

Captain McFunk
05-03-12, 12:00 PM
Are you talking about the sound at launch? Or is it throughout the video? I'm on mobile so my audio is not the greatest...

Throughout the video, that sound is tire squeal

Check your diff. It can make a whiny type noise if it's going bad and/or low on fluid.
The dealership just changed it when I got the car about 2 months ago. hasn't made any noises, so it should be good.