: Parts needed

amunderdog
05-02-12, 05:44 PM
1993 Eldorado 4.6 Northstar.
Intake cover Rubbers are worn out.
This thread
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ow-better.html
"There is a service kit that includes all the bolts, washers and grommets as the kit was a retrofit kit for the early 93 Allante intake manifolds".

Also while pulling the injector’s one of the metal clips that holds the wiring to injector just flew away
I was working with it and it just disappeared.

So i need one or two of those also.

RippyPartsDept
05-02-12, 06:11 PM
your link got messed up somehow...

i'm not sure exactly what you mean by the intake rubber covers...

can you get me a good link to that thread or a better description?

i have some of the injector clips ... i know they fit a '97 ... pretty sure they'll fit yours too

amunderdog
05-03-12, 01:29 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/28390-aaaaagh-i-shouldv-know-better.html
Post two
12 intake cover bolts - specifically the "large rubber grommets" .

RippyPartsDept
05-03-12, 09:58 AM
ok, i found the bulletin (47-61-29) ...

I have it in PDF format if you want me to email it to you...

the part numbers are all discontinued though, and have been for quite some time
17113144 was the part number for the bolts with grommets

if the situation with the 'intake rubbers' isn't that bad then i wouldn't recommend messing with it
these older/original design northstar intakes are notorious for having problems with the wiring harness
once you start taking it apart and moving that harness around the wires often break (inside their wiring, not visibly)
it causes all kinds of problems... one time we had to get 3 from a salvage yard before we got one that wasn't damaged

amunderdog
05-03-12, 05:07 PM
The last trip in there was for all new gaskets.
Part# 17090990 was just a load of fun.

This time in is for fuel injector rebuild.
I have an intermittent problem: rough running
And it just generally seems down on power.
It is not showing any check engine codes.
The injector wiring would throw a code i would think.

So the 17113144 parts are discontinued.
You cannot find any?
Guess i will have to source some grommets or bushing that will work.

Thanks for the information about the injector wiring.
I do not think this engine could be changed over to the newer intake manifold because of the EGR system.

RippyPartsDept
05-03-12, 05:25 PM
yeah there are no dealers anywhere that have that part ... just not available anywhere

if you remind me tomorrow i'll check with my guy (he left early today) to see if it might not throw a code

newer style definitely won't work (wiring is different also)

amunderdog
05-04-12, 03:18 PM
if you remind me tomorrow i'll check with my guy (he left early today) to see if it might not throw a code

Knowing the symptoms / indicators of failing wiring
That would very helpful

RippyPartsDept
05-04-12, 04:15 PM
well it turns out he took off early yesterday because he was taking a long weekend

so remind me again on monday and i'll get as much info out of him as he can remember

RippyPartsDept
05-07-12, 09:53 AM
Well I asked him about what happens when one of these old/original style intake harnesses starts to go and he said it can cause all kinds of rough running problems and sometimes will and sometimes won't throw any codes. He also said that the MAP sensor can get destroyed from fumes.

Sounds to me like you might want to try another intake (but be super careful about those harnesses).

amunderdog
05-07-12, 11:43 AM
Thank you for your help.
Information are good:)