Cadillac Owners Forum banner

will this headlight work?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Faber 
#1 ·
Geez, I have to take my whole bumper off to change a headlight bulb?! Sigh. I guess ill change the whole assembly as mine has oxidized badly on the passenger side and none of the restoration kits last more than a few days. Will this headlight fit? Im guessing no considering how much cheaper it is than the v setups I've found, but hey--its worth asking! Thanks!

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/HeadLights/Cadillac/CTS/1ALHL01178/266428/2004

#2 ·
A. You can change the bulb without removing the bumper, you have to remove the inner wheel well liner and the center bottom panel.
B. If you use the 3M headlight restoration kit (the one that needs a drill motor not hand) lasts a lot more than a year
C. The headlight you shown does not have the headlight washer feature in it but it will work

#8 ·
On the first step keep the speed down medium pressure keep sanding until the whole lense looks the same dullness and shade
On second step again keep speed down and sand until the whole lens is clowdy but no scratches
On the finale step make sure you keep it wet I used a squirt bottle and keep polishing with the gray pad until it all looks clear
last make sure to put a coat of wax on when done

----------

Thanks for the info regarding the wheel well. That should save some time. I will try the 3M kit! Headlight washer?
I could be wrong but I thought the headlight washer / de-icer was a starndard option on the V1 CTSV.
Mine has it

If you have the headlights on and you operate the windshield washers, the diamond shaped panels on the inner side of both headlights pop out and spray windshield washer fluid on both headlights. Its fun to spray passer bys in the garage (kids, dog, wife):)

#6 ·
did you follow the instructions and take you time on each step before moving to the next??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.