: SF Bay Area V meet and drive late may (May 26th?)

squackatu
05-01-12, 04:41 PM
Alright Folks,

Since the last little V meet was so much fun on April 21st at Santana Row, I decided we should try to get everyone together and do another meet and group drive later in May. I'm open to dates but I'm throwing out May 26th.

The plan is to meet up maybe somewhere here in the southbay or Foster City and hang out for a bit then take a nice drive.
I'm thinking 2 options
1) up 101 to 92 in foster city and have lunch there before we drive over to 1 and then loop back down south.
2) meet up in the southbay and drive south to Carmel and 17 mile drive maybe at pebble beach somewhere and hang out.

I'm open to other suggestions. Please pass this along to other sections of this forum and LS1tech as i'm not a member there.

Let me know if you have questions.

Chris "Horific" Ho
09 Black Raven CTS-V Sedan
chrisjho@gmail.com
(408) 69-BigHo

OneFast V
05-01-12, 05:55 PM
I'm in as long as my car is in 1 piece:D

sfvagon
05-01-12, 06:26 PM
Consider me "tentatively" in -- will confirm in a week or so.

Either option sounds fine to me.

if you're looking for a LONG but interesting drive you could do worse than:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=Lick+Observatory,+Mount+Hamilton,+CA&daddr=37.41916,-121.78139+to:37.49432,-121.83107+to:Calaveras+Road,+Sunol,+Calif+to:37.59 584,-121.63425+to:37.38719,-121.46656+to:Del+Puerto+Canyon+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FeXIOQIdYuC_-CFr78p8L3ZW7ynFdmSBbiqOgDHpjUI1ZufTVw%3BFZj4OgIdcs O9-ClH9eENO9KPgDFGs2lA6Y9siA%3BFTAePAIdYgG9-Cm5jE0FwM-PgDGssQWrjaXw1g%3BFcUhPQIdVI28-CmjQzchBMWPgDGEEDnnoXXHHg%3BFcCqPQIdNgLA-ClNlWixmtiPgDGZhDtliw9iug%3BFbZ7OgIdQJHC-CkZQPejatKRgDFbnkj1gmIrqA%3BFQ54OwIdhmHF-A&aq=0&oq=lick+obser&sll=37.366883,-121.301422&sspn=0.544626,1.178284&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=5&sz=10&via=1,2,4,5&ie=UTF8&ll=37.366883,-121.301422&spn=0.544626,1.178284

CadillacRace
05-02-12, 04:58 PM
Not to interject, or force a change of plans but the Cadillac Challenge is taking place at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma on the 12th. It would be great to have some of you guys come out to support the Cadillac Racers.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/258898-round-4-cadillac-challenge-infineon-raceway.html

airtroop01
05-03-12, 12:00 AM
planning to come out on the 12th... have to do "planned maintenance window" late on the 11th so, I'm still trying to work out the details of limited sleep and driving 2 hours to Sonoma. Any other NorCal folks planning to go up?

squackatu
05-03-12, 02:55 AM
I don't know the details but if people are more interested in doing the 12th and not the 26th that's an options... please post more details to the 12th (meet up spot, drive, time, parking, event activities etc.) also... for people that don't plan on tracking their car ... are there things to do? This thread was more of a social/scenic drive that was relaxing... Thanks.

DangFoo
05-03-12, 10:35 AM
I'll keep an eye open for the date; can probably show-up for an hour or two to meet some of my fellow V pilots.

JJ the advisor
05-03-12, 12:05 PM
Pencil me in with a definate maybe. I'm working on getting a CTS-V for the drive.

squackatu
05-07-12, 06:22 PM
BUMP.... anyone else interested?

coati
05-07-12, 06:46 PM
Good meeting you at the V-Meet at Santana Row last month!:)

I'd be interested in the meet and drive, but the 26th is Memorial Day Weekend and I have my niece's Bay Area wedding luncheon to attend.
Then afterwards, I'll will be out of town for a few days.

Perhaps May 26th or sometime in June?

However, if the group is large enough, you should probably just go ahead and have the meet on the 26th.

DangFoo
05-07-12, 06:53 PM
Yep ^^^^^, Memorial Day weekend, so looks like I'm off to Lake Tahoe with the family. I look forward to meeting you guys at the next gathering ....maybe somewhere like Pleasanton, Danville, or Walnut Creek, since they're all nice this time of year!!!:bouncy:

squackatu
05-10-12, 02:25 AM
Ok.... since a lot of people might be gone Memorial day weekend, what weekend would work better? First weekend in June? (June 2nd?)

Voice your opinion....

OneFast V
05-11-12, 06:49 PM
I'm open for any time in June. You might want to also post this on ls1tech to get more interest

squackatu
05-14-12, 07:16 PM
OK ... i just signed up and posted it to LS1Tech in the CTS-V section. http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1546931-sf-bay-group-drive-june-2012-a.html#post16311315

Let's Plan on June 16th unless anyone has a problem with that date!...

----------

Ok Guys,

NEW TIME AND DATE..... JUNE 16th 10AM Let's Crash the Santana Row meet again first then we'll head up on our group drive! Let me know if you have questions.

Chris

OneFast V
05-14-12, 07:33 PM
OK ... i just signed up and posted it to LS1Tech in the CTS-V section. http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1546931-sf-bay-group-drive-june-2012-a.html#post16311315

Let's Plan on June 16th unless anyone has a problem with that date!...

----------

Ok Guys,

NEW TIME AND DATE..... JUNE 16th 10AM Let's Crash the Santana Row meet again first then we'll head up on our group drive! Let me know if you have questions.

Chris

sounds good to me!

OneFast V
05-17-12, 12:01 AM
One if the guys on Lstech recommended mines road In livermore it looks like a fun Road and aparrently is not a very busy road.

squackatu
05-17-12, 03:59 AM
ok sounds great. Let's run Mines Road... I don't know the area well is there a nice open place we could all meet before we drive... Someplace with a nice large parking lot and maybe a place to grab lunch.

I still plan on gathering at Santana Row that morning and then we'll head up to meet up with everyone else that's up towards Mines!

Let me know where you'd like us to meet you!

squackatu
05-17-12, 12:19 PM
So heres a place where people usually stop at. Its call the Junction, never been but heard alot about it over the years.

http://thejunctionbarandgrill.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-junction-livermore

I figure it will be a fun drive to go from there all the way up to the Mt Hamilton Lick Observatory.

Coming out of the observatory pretty much puts you right near san jose aka 880/101 so it should be easy for everyone to hop on the free way to go home.

squackatu
05-18-12, 02:53 AM
FYI some info on Mines from another member

"I live out in Livermore and have driven/riden Mines road. Please be very careful! A TON of Cyclist frequent that road on the weekends, including myself. Motorcycles too.

There are some real dangerous spots, (ie: Cliffs, Blind Corners, falling rocks - yeah those too). Also, there are Ranchers with Farm vehicles driving slow. It's Very Long, and Very Twisty, a lot longer than it looks.

Haven Driven both 35 to Alice's with other routes and driven Mines, I'd say that the average "spirited" driving pace of Mines is cut in Half.

Make sure you are all topped off with fuel. Check fluids, check tires as well before hitting this road. IF something brakes it's gonna be a while for a Tow Truck. Cell service is also an issue.

Personally, I won't join you if you decide to go on Mines, nor will I be on my Road Bike. I'd have Mines as being an alternative drive. "

I'm down for whatever... but this sounds like it could be slightly more risky... we could always run highway 9 or even highway 92 to highway 1 like i first suggested... but i'm open to suggestions

I'm also going to be starting a sign up list please add your name and if you'd like your e-mail and i can send up a final update to eveyone

1) Chris "Horific" - Squackatu - Chrisjho@gmail.com
2)
3)
4)

airtroop01
05-18-12, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I live out in Livermore too... and I wouldn't suggest Mines because of the things already mentioned.

I'm game for a drive down 92 to Half Moon Bay... maybe lunch at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company and take a cruise up or down Hwy 1.
If you guys wanted to come to Livermore, it would be better to cruise through the vineyards and to a few wineries.
http://www.californiawineryadvisor.com/regions/view/Livermore

Some great photo opportunities.

Another favorite is the drive to Pt. Reyes... its close, the roads are nice for our cars...
The lighthouse is a sight and then... if you like cheese
http://www.cowgirlcreamery.com/

OneFast V
05-23-12, 05:41 PM
FYI some info on Mines from another member

"I live out in Livermore and have driven/riden Mines road. Please be very careful! A TON of Cyclist frequent that road on the weekends, including myself. Motorcycles too.

There are some real dangerous spots, (ie: Cliffs, Blind Corners, falling rocks - yeah those too). Also, there are Ranchers with Farm vehicles driving slow. It's Very Long, and Very Twisty, a lot longer than it looks.

Haven Driven both 35 to Alice's with other routes and driven Mines, I'd say that the average "spirited" driving pace of Mines is cut in Half.

Make sure you are all topped off with fuel. Check fluids, check tires as well before hitting this road. IF something brakes it's gonna be a while for a Tow Truck. Cell service is also an issue.

Personally, I won't join you if you decide to go on Mines, nor will I be on my Road Bike. I'd have Mines as being an alternative drive. "

I'm down for whatever... but this sounds like it could be slightly more risky... we could always run highway 9 or even highway 92 to highway 1 like i first suggested... but i'm open to suggestions

I'm also going to be starting a sign up list please add your name and if you'd like your e-mail and i can send up a final update to eveyone

2) Craig - cbcaboyer@gmail.com
3)
4)

number 2

squackatu
05-25-12, 02:40 PM
Ok folks here it is... This is my plan since it seems that there are a lot of concerns about safety on certain roads.

Final Plan Saturday June 16th 2012

1) South Bay Meeting - 9:30AM Santana Row C&C in the back parking lot
- We should be there for a little while before we head up north. (10:30am departure head up 101 to San Mateo)

2) Meet up with east bay and other more NorCal folks in San Mateo at the Red Robin Parking Lot (11:30ish)
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
2204 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA
Bridgepointe Shopping Center
We can grab lunch over there and hang out for a bit.

3) We'll drive west on 92 down to half moon bay
4) if we feel like it we can continue on 1 south down and take the long way back home. Depending on the time we can always go back up 92 home.

Please add your name to the sign up list if you plan on coming.

Hope to see you all there.

2) Craig - cbcaboyer@gmail.com
3)
4)

airtroop01
05-25-12, 03:15 PM
Add me in. phil.adams@gmail.com

sfvagon
05-25-12, 09:21 PM
I'm about 70% on meeting up at 11:30 - I have an 8am appt in Berkeley.

OneFast V
05-31-12, 11:36 AM
bump

DangFoo
05-31-12, 12:28 PM
I'll keep an eye open for any future meetup in the East Bay [Pleasanton, Danville, Walnut Creek]; everything has been South Bay and Peninsula, which I understand considering owner demographics.

Have fun

OneFast V
06-11-12, 01:13 PM
bump

OneFast V
06-15-12, 12:13 PM
bump for the meet being this Saturday!

lowerd96
06-15-12, 02:58 PM
Another meet that I am going to miss.....any V owners going to The Club Auto Sport 4 year anniversary party tonight? We are taking our sedan so I will be on the lookout!

BUKSING
06-16-12, 08:40 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1546931-sf-bay-group-drive-june-2012-a-3.html

squackatu
06-18-12, 12:42 AM
Thanks to everyone who came out this saturday... it was great seeing you all again. Also if you have pics you would like put in the video send them to me chrisjho@gmail.com ... it'll take me a while to edit and make the video but i promise i'll get it done

Craig... thanks for helping drive this ... also got some pretty cool footage of you driving past me

Karl... thanks for leading us through the drive on 35... that was an awesome route!

coati
06-18-12, 12:49 AM
Hi Guys!
I had a blast joining you for the Cadillac V-Series car meet today.
It initially began in the Santana Row parking lot and then moved across the street to the parking lot in front of Century Theaters
From there we took 280Hwy north to Red Robin Restaurant in San Mateo.

After lunch, we decided to take Hwy 92 to Hwy 1 Half Moon Bay.
However, traffic was so heavy and backed up that Karl led us thru the backroads of Canada Road, 35 (where we took a pit stop for something cool to drink - thanks Chris!) and then continuing onto the winding road portion of Page Mill Road in Woodside to Palo Alto Hills.

It was primarily Chris, Karl, Basil, Anthony (whom we met at Red Robin) and myself.
Sorry we missed Craig for the drive, though we did see you at Santana Row.
Special thanks go out to Chris for hosting this event.
It was fun!

P.S.,
Chris & Karl,
It would be cool to see how your videos turned out!

coati
06-18-12, 01:00 AM
More photos 2!:)

coati
06-18-12, 01:06 AM
More photos 3!:)

coati
04-05-13, 02:20 AM
Chris & Karl,

How did your videos turn out?

It would be cool to see them!

Gordy :)

squackatu
04-08-13, 01:52 AM
Chris & Karl,

How did your videos turn out?

It would be cool to see them!

Gordy :)

So my video editing abilities are pretty bad and I just picked up a MacBook so the first edit was so bad I didn't post it... Should have something in the next week or 2

Chris

coati
04-08-13, 02:16 PM
Thanks Chris!

:)

r_calif
04-09-13, 11:34 PM
Ummm... and where did that GT40 come from!?! Is that real??

Jinx
04-10-13, 12:29 AM
I keep seeing this thread bubbling up to the top and thinking, "hey, late May, that's coming up pretty soon, and I just might have my new V by then..."