: Anyone add subwoofer & amp to 2012 Escalade Platinum?

MostWanted
04-30-12, 03:46 PM
I have...looks pretty dang good too! The amp was mounted in the space where the air compressor is and they matched the material on the bo pretty welltoo. The only problem is...we are getting engine hum from the subwoofers. I am able to turn down the level of bass but it kinda defeats the purpose. We have turned off the option for the volume to increase/decrease with speed but it didn't help. Any ideas?

PB Escalade
04-30-12, 04:18 PM
Hey there that does look pretty good. I'm looking to do something similar in mine. Have talked to a few shops and it's hard for them to get the air space for any hard hitting subs. What kind of subs do you have and how much was your box? If you don't mind me asking. I'm a contractor in California and was thinking on building my own due to the outrages price here they want 900$ to make a box for two JL audio w7 10s.

In my past experience it was a ground wire to the amp not properly grounded that gave me the engine noise threw the speakers. Maybe try using a bigger ground or making sure its not touching a painted surface.

hcvone
04-30-12, 05:57 PM
I am sure it sounds great but my trucks are trucks and I don't carry 3rd row seats because always hauling something, if not I would love something like that in my trucks :)

MostWanted
04-30-12, 08:53 PM
It cost me $1K for the box, 2 RF Punch 2 10" subs, the amp and install. As far as the problem with the engine noise...it was actually being caused by the microphone above the passenger side second row seat...we unplugged it and it is now good to go!

PB Escalade
05-05-12, 10:33 PM
O ok. I think I'm getting ripped off over here. As far as the road noise I'm glad you got it figured out.