: Buying my new CTS-V { HELP !!!! }

Valtoro
04-30-12, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I'm Looking to buy a CTS-V 2009+ and I'm wondering either to get a Manual transmission or an Auto.

For the 2009 because it was the first Model to be issued with the new engine and the new face, did it had any issues that they fixed in the 2010+ ?

And for the Transmission, I'm a fan of the Manual Transmission and I love Driving them but @ the same time I'm a tough and careless driver that likes to race and drift and I want to pick the stronger trasmission that can keep up with me and doesn't break.

Last but not least shall I get the sedan or the coupe ?

=)

thebigjimsho
04-30-12, 10:43 AM
The manual is stronger. Nothing is breaking on the '09s...

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-30-12, 12:23 PM
Valtoro,
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on being on the hunt for a CTS-V! I see that you may be looking for a CTS-V from previous model years and wanted to suggest poking around on http://www.cadillac.com/certified-pre-owned-vehicles/benefits.html -- here you may find some Certified Pre-Owned CTS-Vs in your area; these vehicles have to go through an inspection, must be lower mileage, and come with extensions of the new vehicle warranty (Bumper to Bumper).
If we can assist in any way, please let us know!
Happy hunting,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Valtoro
04-30-12, 09:20 PM
thnx thebigjimsho
and sarah your not helping -_-

I really need to know more about what im asking ><

TriTexan
04-30-12, 10:11 PM
thnx thebigjimsho

Sarah - you're helping just fine. I get the point - the poster was asking about transmission choices. I for one am just glad to know that someone from Cadillac is actively monitoring these forums and keeping an eye out for opportunities to help. Yes, the shameless plug for the website might be a bit much for some, but don't let it discourage you. Keep making your presence known - you might not always hit the mark, but there are plenty of us out here that are at least glad someone from corporate is listening. That's better than my old car company did!

----------

Drifting seems to warrant the manual. Those trannies are pretty battle tested. Bigjim is right on.

SoCal_V
05-01-12, 12:00 AM
The manual is also SLOWER.

You should know which one you want by this point, same as 4-door vs coupe. It's 100% based upon your needs/preferences.

brlong23
05-01-12, 12:07 AM

How about you quit being a smart ass and you might get some responses. Take it upon yourself and go test drive the manual and auto and make up your own mind. Like we're supposed to make the decision for you on coupe vs. sedan? Really? Put on your big boy pants and grow up!

Valtoro
05-01-12, 06:49 AM
-_-

It's easy getting a test drive and i have tested both already. But it's different when u get the pros and cons from the owners that used these transmissions and if any faced any problems with them.
I would appreciate if the sedan and coupe owners would tell me what problems they faced or something they didn't like.

Trapspeed
05-01-12, 07:07 AM
So far, there's about zero I don't like with this car in the realm of things that really matter (drivetrain, suspension, reliability so far...the big stuff). It feels great, seems as tight as a drum after 40K miles, and flat out rolls. Picky little crap I don't like, which are things we've all heard before, are the clicking wheels, the popping sunroof and some other minor minor build issues. Other than that, you can't beat this car. I will happily deal with the little stuff to know that this car is reliable in the long run. I have a sedan. I just love the look over the coupe...but that's me.

airtroop01
05-02-12, 01:09 PM
I recently picked up a 2009 sedan. As a guy who has done open tracking, auto crossing, and drag racing as well, I was also looking for something a little more refined and less temperamental for the day-to-day commute. I selected an automatic. Like someone else said, it is all personal preference and what compromises you can handle. For me, I really liked the drag racing speed of the auto, and the paddle shifting technology. Most times, the jack rabbit style launch from the boulevard light or dusting the mustang or bmw on the onramp to the freeway seems to be the most fun day-to-day for me. The paddle shifting seems okay for a road course (not as fast as I would like but entirely usable), however, if I did more autocross style I'd like a faster engagement on the gearing like a stick would provide. Downshifting blips are there but, not as smooth as i (think) could set myself up for a turn with a stick. Additionally, for day to day driving you can't beat the auto and when you come down to it, even if you go to the track every weekend, most of us do 98% of our miles on the street. Well, that was my logic - your mileage may vary. Good luck in your decision.

FLTRI
05-02-12, 01:40 PM
I'm a tough and careless driver that likes to race and drift...

A CTS-V may not be your best choice. Just sayin'...