: Dexos or Mobil 1 ?

Blakester
04-30-12, 09:15 AM
Have had V- wagon 14 mo. And 4 gm oil changes at dealership. 1st. Change was on me at 2300 mi.next 3 on gm. Advisor said on first change dexos to satisfy warranty. Ok! Last week had 4th. Change and noticed on w.o. Said mobil 1. Then asked advisor what gives? He said all V's get mobil 1. Who knows what there using or change in policy?

cruiser68
04-30-12, 11:26 AM
Mobil 1 is dexos approved and is what I run in my V. Any dexos approved oil will satisfy warranty.

GM-4-LIFE
04-30-12, 06:51 PM
Not all dealerships are alike. My local dealership changes my oil in my 2011 V Coupe with whatever GM covers, which is the AC Delco Dexos 1 Synthetic Blend motor oil. If I want Mobil 1, I have to pay for it. Since I am leasing the car, I just have the dealer do it with what GM covers. If I bought the car and planned on keeping it forever, I would run Mobil 1 or better oil like Amsoil. No way I would let them put the cheap shit in my car if I was keeping it. The oil cap under the hood of my V Coupe says Mobil 1, but the dealer won't put Mobil 1 in it. Service manager told me that the factory used up whatever Mobil 1 oil caps they had left over, but GM won't pay for Mobil 1. Newer cars don't say anything on the oil cap. If your dealership is putting in Mobil 1 and charging GM for it, keep going there!

Kluch
04-30-12, 09:09 PM
Not all dealerships are alike. My local dealership changes my oil in my 2011 V Coupe with whatever GM covers, which is the AC Delco Dexos 1 Synthetic Blend motor oil. If I want Mobil 1, I have to pay for it. Since I am leasing the car, I just have the dealer do it with what GM covers. If I bought the car and planned on keeping it forever, I would run Mobil 1 or better oil like Amsoil. No way I would let them put the cheap shit in my car if I was keeping it. The oil cap under the hood of my V Coupe says Mobil 1, but the dealer won't put Mobil 1 in it. Service manager told me that the factory used up whatever Mobil 1 oil caps they had left over, but GM won't pay for Mobil 1. Newer cars don't say anything on the oil cap. If your dealership is putting in Mobil 1 and charging GM for it, keep going there!

This is true.

SC2150
05-01-12, 12:24 PM
Dexos is a blend....M1 is full syn. Have the peace of mind and only run full syn.