: Purist Driver:

acfromla
11-24-04, 10:35 AM
I have been reading many of the posts regarding some problems with the gadgets on the new STS. I for one believe the STS is for enthusiastic driving and not a portable arcade with color screens, verbal voice commands and whatever the new gadget of the week is installed. The only that seems to missing from some of these options is a joystick!!!!
I purchased my STS (1SE Lux Pkg) about 10 weeks ago now and I am extremely happy with my decision. No hours of reading the manual to figure out how to do this, how to do that. Just get in the car and kick some serious street ass enjoyment.
I have had absolutely no problems with the car. Everything works, everthing fits and my back is constantly pushed to the back of the seat.
The basic V8 STS is one's purist car and I wouldn't have it any other way.

jworkmans
11-24-04, 11:09 AM
I for one believe the STS is for enthusiastic driving and not a portable arcade with color screens, verbal voice commands and whatever the new gadget of the week is installed.

BRAVO!

I'm tickled that you - like so many others - can see the Beast that lies underneath this Beauty's skin.

The bells-and-whistles, for me, are essential. I refuse to drive a car that doesn't provide a great place for me to be. After all, life is not a dress rehearsal, so why put off until tomorrow the pleasures of today (Hedonism is not ALL bad! :p )

To each his own!

Reckamech
11-24-04, 04:05 PM
I have been reading many of the posts regarding some problems with the gadgets on the new STS. I for one believe the STS is for enthusiastic driving and not a portable arcade with color screens, verbal voice commands and whatever the new gadget of the week is installed. The only that seems to missing from some of these options is a joystick!!!!
I purchased my STS (1SE Lux Pkg) about 10 weeks ago now and I am extremely happy with my decision. No hours of reading the manual to figure out how to do this, how to do that. Just get in the car and kick some serious street ass enjoyment.
I have had absolutely no problems with the car. Everything works, everthing fits and my back is constantly pushed to the back of the seat.
The basic V8 STS is one's purist car and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Hey acfromla

I am really glad to see a DRIVER speak up about the STS. I like you am more concerned with the driving aspect of the car rather that the gadgets. Got any pics?