: Volant + Air Scoop, Corsa Touring, Diablo, Diablew, Dueler, Emblems, Window Reveal

berk4422
04-28-12, 10:43 PM
Title says it all, (+ Dual Optima set-up) this truck is bad a$$. Nice and mean when I floor it. Tame and quiet when cruising. Received a 2012 Wife approval award for quiet cabin (as long as I am not pressing down more than 50% on the go pedal). Update + Heated windshield fluid module, GM Lock Pick, Transfer case and differential fluid replacement. Would be happy to answer any questions about upgrades and share my learnings...

twarnes
05-02-12, 07:15 PM
What Heated windshield fluid module did you go with? Was the OEM wiring already there in your 2012??

berk4422
05-02-12, 07:20 PM
I went with alphatherm and the install was easy. i have a 2008 prewired for it.
http://alphathermusa.com/heatedwash-AT-37GM.html

hcvone
05-03-12, 07:04 AM
Title says it all, (+ Dual Optima set-up) this truck is bad a$$. Nice and mean when I floor it. Tame and quiet when cruising. Received a 2012 Wife approval award for quiet cabin (as long as I am not pressing down more than 50% on the go pedal). Update + Heated windshield fluid module, GM Lock Pick, Transfer case and differential fluid replacement. Would be happy to answer any questions about upgrades and share my learnings...

White, good choice. :)

07BlkOnBlkEXT
05-04-12, 03:34 AM
I've got the Volant CAI, but I don't have the scoop, do you think it's worth it? Did you have the CAI without the scoop at first and then add the scoop? If so, noticeable difference?

berk4422
05-04-12, 06:31 PM
I only had it for 2 days with out the scoop. With a laptop hooked up, i could see slightly faster cooler temps in the box when accelerating from a dead stop. Not sure i can 'feel" any difference. The install was not easy on the scoop because the parts didn't all line up correctly. My install is still slightly "off", but you need to get up close to see where it is off alignment. I beleive this is because the scoop mold is not perfect (like my Escalade:)).
I think it is worth it if you like to play with upgrades, if you see it as a chore, you won't like it Me, i like to tinker.

d_v_o_1
05-04-12, 11:31 PM
How do you like the Diablew tune? I assume it's on a Diablosport Trinity??

berk4422
05-04-12, 11:56 PM
How do you like the Diablew tune? I assume it's on a Diablosport Trinity??

I like the Diablew Tune A WHOLE LOT!! The Escalade shift pattern is much more aggressive and there is a power difference over the canned 93 octane tune (I only run 93, Sunoco, BP or Hess). IMHO, I believe the Diablew tune was necessary to dial in the parameters to maximize my bolt on mods. I put the stock tune back on last week when I took the Escalade in for a new passenger door handle:annoyed:, the trip to the dealership seemed to lack something., it had to be less power... I bought and used the predator U7194, it holds a custom tune and hooks up to a laptop. It takes some learning and a tank or two of gas to do the data logging. I was not to thrilled to do it and was considering going to a speed shop here in Raleigh, but the fact that I can easily put back on the stock tune before dealer visits is a major plus. That is the primary reason I went with the Diablew tune. Plus I learned a few more things such as LTFT's...