: Dealerships - The good and the bad

MrHolland
04-28-12, 09:26 AM
People mostly complain about poor dealership service, but every once in a while there are actually dealers that go above and beyond. Lets create a thread and get these dealers some attention. Hopefully the good dealers will get some extra customers and the not so good will be forced to change their tactics.

If we are fortunate enough to have to have multiple pages of dealer reviews, one can use the forum search box to search by name of dealer or city to see if anyone has posted any info.

Don Thornton Cadillac in Tulsa OK has always treated me right.

Huber Cadillac in Omaha NE I would say also treated me right, although I had an issue once or twice they did make it right.

Vaughn Automotive IA salesmen were a little sketchy but called me back to seal the deal after I walked out.

So lets hear it people, the good and the bad. Try to keep it short so its an easy read.

bigtone1013
04-28-12, 10:05 AM
Cadillac of Naperville IL has been great thus far in my short time as a Cadillac owner.

Upchuck
04-28-12, 11:00 AM
Kudo's goes out to Jack Schmitt Cadillac in Ofallon Illinois! They always go above and beyond on service!

ELUSIVE
04-28-12, 11:09 AM
Dellenbach Cadillac in Fort Collins, CO has been very good to me.

K9Caddy
04-28-12, 11:47 AM
Cadillac of Naperville IL has been great thus far in my short time as a Cadillac owner.

I concur! I've had a couple issues when I first bought my Escalade, and they took care of me. I initially had Barker Cadillac in Bloomington, IL try to fix the problem with no suck luck.

roadog1aj
04-28-12, 01:20 PM
Crestmont Cadillac in Beechwood, Ohio has sold me my last two caddys. I was treated pretty good on the first car, and treated even better on the second one. I think there is a whole new management and sales team there now. They gave me more than I was expecting for the 1st one when I traded it for the second one. They also gave me what I felt was a very decent deal on the second one. While I was doing the deal on this latest caddy, I was concerned about warranty work and service. They immediately took me out to the service department and let me walk around and ask the service techs questions. Everyone treated me great, and was not shy about answering my questions. I will be doing all my warranty and service work with them. I was going to Montrose Cadillac in Hermitage, Pa. They had been pretty good for the service work until new management decided to have the service people start doing things to make more money off of their customers. Finally, the GREAT service manager and top service tech quit due to the underhanded stunts management was making them do. So, needless to say, I found out first hand about these tactics when I took my old caddy to them for an easy service call, and they tried giving me a list of ridiculous items they felt were in dire need of attention. Long story short.....No more Montrose, and love Crestmont, even though they are twice the distance for me. Oh, and for the next four years Crestmont has free valet service. They will bring a loaner to my house, and take my car back to perform the service!!!

Jory555
04-29-12, 02:44 PM
Sid Dillon Cadillac in Nebraska was awesome to work with, Sewell Cadillac in Dallas is horrible with service issues & customer service in their Sales department. While having my car serviced at Sewell Dallas as a long time customer I asked to test drive a new Buick Enclave & was not allowed because the Salesman thought I was not a serious buyer, a few weeks later I flew out to Nebraska to buy my Escalade at Sid Dillon who negotiated an awesome deal without all the stress normally involved & drove to Omaha to pick me up at the airport. Sewell Dallas then has left my detailed motor covered in grease & oil hand prints after service, they have broken my sun visor, scratched my rear bumper & told me things that were just flat out false about my car before I jumped ship on them. It was about 5 strikes before I learned that it was a companywide issue.

berk4422
04-29-12, 04:15 PM
Thompson Cadillac in Raleigh has been awesome to work with! No complaints at all.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-30-12, 01:36 PM
Thank you, mrholland! This is an amazing thread! I've enjoyed reading the posts so far and appreciate you all sharing your positive experiences. :)

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

MrHolland
04-30-12, 01:53 PM
You're quite welcome ma'am. Lots of people complain about their less than favorable experiences, but yet no one has spoken up. Maybe Cadillac is doing it right!!

lousy_investor
04-30-12, 10:32 PM
City Buick Chevrolet Cadillac GMC in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada. Sean Archie has been great. Awesome to deal with and got my truck in tip top shape.

bruin300
04-30-12, 10:43 PM
Crestview Cadillac in West Covina, Ca has the best Service Advisor he sets the standard for Cadillac service and customer care. Thank you Wayne Bristol for taking care of my Escalade.

PeteKT
05-01-12, 11:19 AM
Cadillac of Novi in Novi, MI is one of the best dealerships ive ever been to and ive owned some nice luxury cars, They always take great care of my truck and me when i bring it in for any service or repairs.

enewton
05-01-12, 02:20 PM
Rippy Cadillac in Wilmington, NC is the best dealer I have dealt with. I change cars like shoes and move from state to state with my job so I have dealt with a few dealerships and Rippy is the only one I will take time to compliment. Great service

k-shawn
05-04-12, 10:59 AM
Brogan Cadillac in Totowa NJ, they go above and beyond.

GooseDaPlaymaker
05-04-12, 04:30 PM
Colonial Cadillac in Virginia Beach provided me years of exceptional service and friendly, first-name-basis type of business. I thoroughly missed that when I moved and took my 2010 CTS to JC Harris Cadillac in Wilson, NC. Just wanted a hassle-free oil change. What I ended up with was no filters being changed and a salesman harrassing me the whole time about buying a 2011 CTS...lol!

Bigplay
05-04-12, 05:30 PM
Rickenbaugh Cadillac in Denver CO. One of the best car buying experiences on earth. I've bought 5 of the now 6 six Cadillac's I had there. They have been in business for over 60 yrs and still sell their cars the same way. The Rickenbaugh way.

Daniel10Slade
05-05-12, 05:47 PM
Kristal Auto Mall @ Brooklyn, NY = suckish!

Im thinking of going to McGuire Cadillac @ Woodbridge, NJ or City Cadillac @ LI, NY.

Any thoughts ?

hannity
05-05-12, 08:49 PM
From my experience, even though dealerships are exclusive. The problems I find come from the kind of manufacturer, brand of vehicle so to speak. Dealerships are left to deal with the problems that manufacturers create by cost cutting or lack of respect for the buyer. Or on lack of knowledge of the buyer. I have never owned a Lexus but bought one for my parents and have had a few friends that have owned them and have always heard good things. I have had great C/S when I owned Nissans. Audi's C/S is good. I'm yet to have a problem with my RR so time will tell how that one goes. Bottom line all dealerships are in the business to make money. Where that stems from is how they treat the customer. Some manufacturers have gotten the idea and others still have not. No dealer is perfect and I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone but only on this forum have I seen people get utterly disregarded and disrespected by the dealer/manufacturer and still come back and buy again. C/S, dealers, and manufacturer's will only change if you get their attention. And that is by sales.

mitch2264
05-07-12, 11:27 AM
I would like to add Capital Cadillac in Atlanta to this thread! They have been awesome to work with--from a sales and service perspective. They have been in business since the 1930's in Atlanta. It is cool as they have all sorts of vintage photos around the dealership showing them selling Cadillacs over the years. When we bought our first Cadillac, we were in and out in about 45 minutes!

mark v.
05-14-12, 02:37 PM
Moore Cadillac in Chantilly,va. has been great! they got several trim items covered for me even though am out
of warrenty.

Laneseja
08-25-13, 08:49 AM
Hi I purchased my Cadillac Escalade ESV from Classic Cadillac in Mentor Ohio. At the time (2007) they had the best salespeople who really cared and took lots of time to work out a great deal. Upon my first visit to have the Escalade serviced there because the power tailgate stopped working correctly(it would open on it's own in hot weather unless you turned off the switch in the truck and then the remote would not work to open it) the service manager told me it was the correct operation for the gate, but it was not. I immediately called Cadillac Customer Support, while in the service department, and explained everything, and then forced the service manager to speak to them. I am not sure what was said, but all of a sudden, they gave me a new Cadillac to drive while the Escalade was being serviced, and the truck was immediately pulled into the service shop. I received a call it was complete, and then they admitted there was a short in the wiring harness. From that day forward, I used Classic Buick GMC in Painesville,Ohio who is owned by a different owner (even though it had the same Classic name, it is owned by an owner who really cares) for all my service, and have NEVER had any issue with them. They are the best!(I would have bought the Escalade from them, but they can't sell brand new Cadillacs because they are only authorized by GM to sell Buicks and GMC's). I have bought every vehicle from them since 1992 and never had any service issue with them. I previously used Crestmont Cadillac, but they refused to repair my 1991 Cadillac Brougham under warranty (bumper to bumper) as the power antenna stopped working and they refused to repair it so that's when I discovered Classic Buick GMC who gladly did the repairs without issue. They are really the best!

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-25-13, 04:44 PM
Hi I purchased my Cadillac Escalade ESV from Classic Cadillac in Mentor Ohio. At the time (2007) they had the best salespeople who really cared and took lots of time to work out a great deal. Upon my first visit to have the Escalade serviced there because the power tailgate stopped working correctly(it would open on it's own in hot weather unless you turned off the switch in the truck and then the remote would not work to open it) the service manager told me it was the correct operation for the gate, but it was not. I immediately called Cadillac Customer Support, while in the service department, and explained everything, and then forced the service manager to speak to them. I am not sure what was said, but all of a sudden, they gave me a new Cadillac to drive while the Escalade was being serviced, and the truck was immediately pulled into the service shop. I received a call it was complete, and then they admitted there was a short in the wiring harness. From that day forward, I used Classic Buick GMC in Painesville,Ohio who is owned by a different owner (even though it had the same Classic name, it is owned by an owner who really cares) for all my service, and have NEVER had any issue with them. They are the best!(I would have bought the Escalade from them, but they can't sell brand new Cadillacs because they are only authorized by GM to sell Buicks and GMC's). I have bought every vehicle from them since 1992 and never had any service issue with them. I previously used Crestmont Cadillac, but they refused to repair my 1991 Cadillac Brougham under warranty (bumper to bumper) as the power antenna stopped working and they refused to repair it so that's when I discovered Classic Buick GMC who gladly did the repairs without issue. They are really the best!

Hello Laneseja,

I am glad to hear you found a dealership you have trust in and never had a service issue with. I hope you are still enjoying your Escalade ESV! If there are ever concerns or questions that arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message. We are here to assist the best we can!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

2kflhr
08-25-13, 04:57 PM
I don't buy vehicles very often but purchased my first Cadillac at Arnold Palmer Cadillac (APC), ('87 Eldorado) in Charlotte NC. They relocated to Pineville on the outskirts of Charlotte and there I purchased my second Cadillac ('97 Eldorado). My salesman Tommy Manion who has since retired was very helpfull and very professional. Several years later I purchased a '99 Yukon in 2001 from an individual who had purchased it as a lease off from APC. He kept it a year and then sold it to me. He had purchased the transferable extended warranty from APC so I had it transferred to me. Long story short, After several years I took it to a local Checvrolet dealership for some warranty repairs prior to the warranty expiring and learned the warranty company went belly up so I thought I was left holding the bag. I decided to contact APC and when I explained my delimna they said no problem the warranty was purchsed from here and to bring in and they'll take care of it. The repairs were about over $1800 and they footed the entire bill other than my $50 deductable. THAT IS WHAT I CALL EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!. So when I decided to replace the Yukon I called upon Cadillac of South Charlotte (formerly APC) again and purchased a very nice '10 Escalade at a very reasonable price. Joe Tomasello was the salesman and he went out of his way to meet my needs.

1+ Cadillac of South Charlotte

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-25-13, 06:08 PM
I don't buy vehicles very often but purchased my first Cadillac at Arnold Palmer Cadillac (APC), ('87 Eldorado) in Charlotte NC. They relocated to Pineville on the outskirts of Charlotte and there I purchased my second Cadillac ('97 Eldorado). My salesman Tommy Manion who has since retired was very helpfull and very professional. Several years later I purchased a '99 Yukon in 2001 from an individual who had purchased it as a lease off from APC. He kept it a year and then sold it to me. He had purchased the transferable extended warranty from APC so I had it transferred to me. Long story short, After several years I took it to a local Checvrolet dealership for some warranty repairs prior to the warranty expiring and learned the warranty company went belly up so I thought I was left holding the bag. I decided to contact APC and when I explained my delimna they said no problem the warranty was purchsed from here and to bring in and they'll take care of it. The repairs were about over $1800 and they footed the entire bill other than my $50 deductable. THAT IS WHAT I CALL EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!. So when I decided to replace the Yukon I called upon Cadillac of South Charlotte (formerly APC) again and purchased a very nice '10 Escalade at a very reasonable price. Joe Tomasello was the salesman and he went out of his way to meet my needs.

1+ Cadillac of South Charlotte

Hi 2kflhr,

Thanks for sharing your view point on dealerships. I am happy you were treated properly and think the customer service at the dealer was excellent. I am glad when customers find a dealer they trust and want to work with. That is how it should be! If concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

bigksone
08-25-13, 08:50 PM
Kristal Auto Mall @ Brooklyn, NY = suckish!

Im thinking of going to McGuire Cadillac @ Woodbridge, NJ or City Cadillac @ LI, NY.

Any thoughts ?

Agree 100% about Kristal. Never again - for sales or service.

Cadillac_Fan
08-26-13, 02:46 AM
DeVoe Cadillac in Naples, Florida, exemplifies the very best of the Cadillac brand and experience. Dick Knesbeck and Tim Blaskovich know how to genuinely treat people. My best experiences and dealings have been with DeVoe and Messrs. Knesbeck and Blaskovich.

hcvone
08-26-13, 07:15 AM
I have purchased countless Grand Cherokee's and Cadillac's from Burke Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC (they used to sell Jeep) they have been in business for 100+ years, and they have always treated us great, been buying cars/trucks/suv's from them since the 80's, they are in South Jersey

FDU243
08-26-13, 08:04 AM
Brogan Cadillac in Totowa NJ is great!

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-26-13, 01:45 PM
DeVoe Cadillac in Naples, Florida, exemplifies the very best of the Cadillac brand and experience. Dick Knesbeck and Tim Blaskovich know how to genuinely treat people. My best experiences and dealings have been with DeVoe and Messrs. Knesbeck and Blaskovich.

Hello Cadillac_Fan,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the dealer. Glad you found a dealership you enjoy working with and have had positive experiences at. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if any concerns or questions arise!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I have purchased countless Grand Cherokee's and Cadillac's from Burke Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC (they used to sell Jeep) they have been in business for 100+ years, and they have always treated us great, been buying cars/trucks/suv's from them since the 80's, they are in South Jersey

Hi hcvone,

I am happy to hear you have been treated great at the dealer you mentioned. I love hearing about customer's positive experiences with dealerships. I am sure people around your region will appreciate you mentioning a dealer that is great to work with. I see you have a 2013 CTS-V Coupe. I hope you are enjoying your most recent Cadillac. If there are ever questions or concerns you have, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

LowNslow
08-26-13, 11:32 PM
Sewell Cadillac Houston...love the new facility, truly is a work of architecture. Service is effin outstanding! I would recommend this dealership to anyone sale/service.

Over the years I have owned Audi, Lexus, BMW & Benz. I sold the Audi with 7k mi because I haaaated their service & the car was hell. BMW was decent. Lexus & Benz was above & beyond but not near as nice facility as Sewell.

Caddy2489
08-28-13, 04:09 PM
Cadillac Village Norwood MA

I bring my Escalade here for warranty work they have been great except the last time I brought it in they
couldn't find the problem I was describing. I brought the tech on a ride a week later after GM contacts the
dealer and then he personally experienced what I was talking about but when they fixed it I still had to pay my warranty deductible Other than that a good dealership

soulsea
01-09-14, 04:11 PM
Just a quick shout out to Braman Cadillac in Miami.

I have gone to many a GM dealership over the years to maintain/repair all my GM vehicles, and I have yet to find a more professional and courteous outfit. Over the last few months I have stopped several times to have my TPMS flashed, little wheel well liner tabs replaced, brake pedal greased, tire rubber removed from my bumper, and other small things and they've always done it on the spot and without charging me a dime. Although it would seem obvious that any GM dealership should do this as part of good customer service, as we all know it is not the case ... they often will try to make you book an appointment for the simplest thing and will charge you for it as well.

Braman is a very big dealership which sells several brands, their service operation is on a massive scale which would make them prone to treating owners and their vehicles like cattle, yet in my experience they have excelled in personal customer service and have not disappointed me once

DJHancock
01-13-14, 10:06 PM
Heritage Cadillac in Lombard IL and Motor Werks Cadillac in Barrington IL, both have great service. Although Heritage had the best waiting room I've ever had to wait in. Big screen TV, free coffee/hot chocolate machine, bottle water, cookies, snack packs, and a variety of of healthy items to nibble on.

Stay away from Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg IL, the worst experience of my life. Waited over 10 minutes for someone to help me. Only reason they did, my car was "blocking" the entrance to the service department. Guy came over to ask me to move it.

LaVaDog
02-05-14, 06:21 PM
stay away from Cadillac of South Charlotte!! Absolute Crooks!

soulsea
02-05-14, 06:37 PM
stay away from Cadillac of South Charlotte!! Absolute Crooks!

I think folks are going to need a little more info than that if they are to consider your advice.

LaVaDog
02-05-14, 07:58 PM
I think folks are going to need a little more info than that if they are to consider your advice.

The story is long and argues however here are the events that led to me to this conclusion;
#1 = Called to inquire about an Escalade they had for sale I had located on-line via their website. I told them I was Raleigh and roughly 3 hours away (6 hours round trip) from them and would like to make the trip to see the vehicle (based on a high level of interest with the facts they had presented in their ad). I was told that to come down as soon as I wanted to view the vehicle by a young lady who was answering the internet inquiries. I also had pointed out things in the pictures to her that I would want to be corrected to consider moving forward in my interests. She followed up and said they would in fact correct the issue (missing tow hitch cover).
#2= I made arrangements to drive down to then only find out that they have put the pictures and description on-line without even completing the "take-in" process. It was 9ft up in the air in the service area with the oil pan removed correcting an oil leak, a dent/scratch in the front driver side bumper, a missing piece of chrome in the rear bumper, among other issues that were clearly not addressed and ready for presentation to potential customers. The young lady I spoke to claimed she was not aware that it wasn't ready and said that they are required to put vehicles online as soon as they are turned in. Keeping an open mind, I allowed the salesperson to take me through the vehicle which turned up other significant issues that they claimed would be completely addressed upon further review by their service technicians. I do realize that I am looking at a used 2007 model and that there are going to be things that are not "brand new", so I was patient in considering these factors.
#3- After spending more than three hours with them discussing the options for purchase of this vehicle, which involved them completely correcting the issues identified, and the opportunity to test drive the vehicle after completion and delivery to my home in Raleigh (no strings attached), I decided to proceed with negotiating with them on a price with a combination of cash downpayment and financing. Upon which I was told that if I was not happy with the vehicle when it was delivered they would "make it right". My check would not be cashed or deposited until the vehicle was delivered. Wrong, my check was deposited the next business day well before they had completed the transaction or delivered the vehicle. I called the Finance Manager to discuss why this occurred after specifically asking him the question about the fund being deposited only after I was satisfied with the vehicle and he claimed that he couldn't hold the check because of a potential audit.
#4- They left me with the commitment of having the vehicle delivered to my home in Raieigh within 2-3 days after the transaction when in fact it ended up taking in excess of 7 days and again I considered the issues that needed to be corrected and was ok with the extended time, because they are were going to "make it right" and taking time to do so was the right thing to do.
#5- Upon delivery of the vehicle, remember I could not look thoroughly through the interior because of it being on the lift in the service area, I noted that there were several cosmetic issues (missing visor mirrors, missing driver side floor mat, hole in floor/carpet, melted candy in the center console) that were not clear to me and I had been told they would "clean it up and make it right". From my perspective they had spend very little time or effort detailing it before they decided to drive it down to me because it was already sold in their minds. At this point, since they had already cashed my check - I felt trapped in the deal. I tried to be logical about their commitments and had them once again tell me that they would make things right if I was not happy.
#6 - So here we are 4 weeks after taking delivery of the vehicle and I am noticing oil spots on my driveway, remember they had the oil pan removed when I showed up and they were "correcting" an oil leak. I contact them and inform them that I am now seeing an oil leak from the same area that they had fixed and wanted to know how they wanted to address this since it was a repair they made during the take in process not a issue with that came along with the age of the vehicle. Remember, it is a 6 hour round trip to bring in back to them so I tried to run through scenarios with the logistics of this transaction. Their service manager, after several discussions, came to an agreement that I could take the vehicle to a local (Cary) Cadillac dealership to diagnose where the leak was coming from and at that point determine the next steps in getting my local dealership payment for the repairs. I agreed and took it in for review with the impression that Cadillac of South Charlotte would work with my local dealership on the diagnostic and repair of the issue when in fact once the root cause of the issue was determined, Cadillac of South Charlotte decided that they now want the vehicle brought in for their own technicians to address. Noting that the issue was the oil pan gasket was not properly installed from the "in take" process. They proposed again that I drive it back to them to have them make the repair. (6 hours+ $100 worth of fuel). Upon further rationalization of this suggesting they offered to send someone to get it with a loaner car. In addition to the oil leak my local Cadillac dealer noted that one of the motor mounts is broken and leaking hydraulic fluid also and that it should have been caught during the "in take" and/or NC inspection process. My local dealershiper states that they would not put a vehicle on their lot with a broken motor mount but Cadillac of South Charlotte states that they would as long as it passed inspection.

My impression of Cadillac of South Charlotte was that they service their customers well and are concerned with the quality of vehicles they sell to their customers. They have now proven to me that they are like many "no-name" dealerships who just want to make a sale and do not care what they put out as long as they do it fast and make a buck.

Am I off in left field here? I would like to think not.. but maybe I am just expecting more than I will ever get for a purchase of such value.

In closing, I am new to this forum although I was frequently a participant in Ford F-150 forums from my previous vehicle never encountering a Ford customer service representatives make entries into the forum and am wondering how the interaction with Cadillac works? I have been offered support by them in making an appointment which I had already done. Do they truly help their customers?

36dbldz
02-21-14, 11:13 AM
Fields Cadillac in St. Augustine FL is a great spot. Dan Fravel will take care of you

snidebj
03-02-14, 07:52 PM
The Valley Cadillac dealership in Rochester, NY rocks! After making 2 trips of 9 hours each and having to stay over while their technicians tried to cure the vibrations to no success. The Valley Cadillac dealership and Cadillac offered to purchase the Escalade back!!! Everything was done in an atmosphere of complete professionalism and extremely courteous smooth manner. They handled all the paperwork, documentation, numerous phone calls to GM, you name it and they handled it. Everything! I met the wonderful owner of The Valley Cadillac she could not have been more cordial and accommadating. She made sure the process was flawless. The general sales manager attention to details in this buy back process and purchasing process was fantastic. The service manager and general service manager trying to diagnose and correct the issues were spot on. If I have missed someone I apologize but as I told the owner - you have the most professional, friendly and courteous staff that I have had the pleasure of doing business with. It was an unbelievable experience for sure.

But we cannot forget the salesman Frank that took me through entire process from selling of the original 2013 Escalade,
the service process of trying to fix the vehicle, the buyback procedures, all the phone calls and emails Frank handled it in the most phenominal, caring and seamless fashion. He was right there the entire time. I was basically called upon to do not a thing. It was an almost transparent process. Before I knew it it was a done deal.

But the most important fact is that Frank handled the delivery of a new 2014 Escalade just like he did with the 2013 Escalade as if I were a new customer. Frank you are the best.

I am now a PROUD owner of a new 2014 Cadillac Escalade from The Valley Cadillac.

wangstarr03
03-05-14, 12:04 AM
Anyone have experiences with any of the dealerships in the DC/MD/VA area other than Moore Cadillac in Chantilly? Specifically Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, Md or Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Va?

I've been using the dealer I purchased my truck from for service et al (GM dealer albeit Chevrolet) and it's becoming a hassle driving back and forth from there (it's a decent hike). I'd consider making the trip to Chantilly since it's a dedicated Cadillac dealer but would prefer something closer. Really surprised actually that there is no Cadillac dealership in Tyson's Corner.

Thanks!

soulsea
03-05-14, 10:26 PM
Anyone have experiences with any of the dealerships in the DC/MD/VA area other than Moore Cadillac in Chantilly? Specifically Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, Md or Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Va?

I've been using the dealer I purchased my truck from for service et al (GM dealer albeit Chevrolet) and it's becoming a hassle driving back and forth from there (it's a decent hike). I'd consider making the trip to Chantilly since it's a dedicated Cadillac dealer but would prefer something closer. Really surprised actually that there is no Cadillac dealership in Tyson's Corner.

Thanks!

Do not be fooled by the spiffy waiting rooms at Lindsey Cadillac, they have one of the worse service departments I have ever encountered in my life.

Here's my post on the subject from another thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northeast/283314-cadillac-service-department-performance-tuner-recommendations.html#post3248757

Big Windy Ext
05-13-14, 02:51 PM
Heritage Cadillac in Lombard was great till they lost my service writer to BMW, then I started getting pitched heavy for brake fluid changes and the like . Final straw was in the body shop. They put on a heavily chipped (painted over) front bumper and insisted it was my bumper. I used to hand wax my truck and knew every inch of her body. I have been using Naperville Cadillac ever since, Even their detail shop manager Ramone gives me a chuckle or a peek at a Bentley under a car cover because he knows I'm a car nut. I don't know how many stone chips are on the front of my truck anymore, but was it really worth it at Heritage ???
Jerry
Downers Grove Il

Nice Ride
07-08-14, 10:47 PM
Paul Conti Cadillac NY... I can only speak about the Service Department... The tech team damages more items than they fix. Famous for " No Problem Found" I have had broken clips, scratched wood trim, grease on headliner and carpet, Screws left off after service, Trim replaced and improperly installed, did not even leave the lot on all of the above items, multiple service visits. The Service department (writer) is great, but they have him tied to the desk. Sad, moving on to Sarrant NY (they have done service in the past, tried to stay close to home, but it did not work, so I'll drive a bit further and get the service done right. as soon as they finish the open items (unless they damage something else):mad2:

smoke13264
07-08-14, 11:30 PM
I agree paul conti was and is the worst I had to drive to hauppauge to get my truck fixed right sad. Also don't trust the service advisor they seemed ok but that was a lie lol.

bbjorklund99
07-10-14, 12:25 AM
i have nothing but good things to say about Dondelinger Cadillac in Brainerd, MN. I recently bought my second Cadillac from them. They made buying a car fun. Their prices were competitive and everyone we came into contact were friendly and helpful. They went beyond what they needed to do with regards to making our experience a positive one. I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the market for a new or used Cadillac. The service department is great to deal with as well.

Brad

dcarl320
07-11-14, 01:47 PM
Hi LaVadog,

Im a new owner but I've been lurking here for a while. Who do you use in the Raleigh area for service and how are they? Im close to Hendrick (Cary) but I'll drive to Thompson if I have to.

dcarl320
07-21-14, 06:54 PM
I just picked up my 11 ESV from Camargo Cadillac in OH. Nice guys (aren't they all) but now Im chasing small issues, my wife and I checked the truck out pretty good but the one thing we didnt check before the papers were signed was the power fold mirrors and of course, you guessed it the drivers side was stuck. Their service dept had just closed and now we are trying to find a good resolution for this, cause its not like I can take it back. I think they're just waiting for me to go away. Can anyone recommend a good dealership or Indy mech in the Raleigh/Cary area?

RippyPartsDept
07-22-14, 12:24 PM
it's not still under warranty? (i guess it could be out on the mileage)

dcarl320
07-22-14, 01:15 PM
Hi Chris, yup you guessed it :yup: Can you give me an idea of how much Im looking at to replace the mirror? I can pm you with details if you need.

RippyPartsDept
07-22-14, 01:21 PM
yeah, PM me your VIN (or just post it here)

dcarl320
07-22-14, 02:38 PM
PM Sent

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-23-14, 03:01 PM
I just picked up my 11 ESV from Camargo Cadillac in OH. Nice guys (aren't they all) but now Im chasing small issues, my wife and I checked the truck out pretty good but the one thing we didnt check before the papers were signed was the power fold mirrors and of course, you guessed it the drivers side was stuck. Their service dept had just closed and now we are trying to find a good resolution for this, cause its not like I can take it back. I think they're just waiting for me to go away. Can anyone recommend a good dealership or Indy mech in the Raleigh/Cary area?

Hello dcarl320,

I’m sorry you ran into this concern already. It appears your fellow forum members are providing you some advice, but if you would like me to locate a Cadillac dealership in the Raleigh/Cary area please let me know. I’m happy to call around and see what price range you are looking at to have this repaired.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

dcarl320
07-23-14, 06:48 PM
Thanks Katie,

I will keep you informed.

dcarl320
08-04-14, 01:00 AM
Update, good news... I was able to work a deal with the dealership to send me the part. Im going to DIY the mirror, I havent seen a good write up on this yet, may be I will put together one with pics.

Update to the update.... Got the mirror in and now I know why I couldnt find too much on the replacement. It was fairly easy, there wasnt anything I couldnt figure out. I swapped the new parts for the old painted ones and everything is working well. Woot!! :thumbsup::cool:

aharper00
10-03-14, 10:42 AM
I went to Chicago from Indianapolis (twice) for an 07 Escalade at Ray Chevy (northwest side of Chicago). The experience was terrible. I was constantly calling them for updates, getting the run around, listening to one cheezy line after another (I think they train their sales people with these cheezy sales pitch lines). In the end they were supposed to do a couple things and I was going to buy. Two trips up there and the truck wasn't ready when I arrived. Once finally ready I took it out for a test drive and a light popped up on the dashboard... once again something they were supposed to fix wasn't done. Very frustrating experience. I was fortunately able to get my deposit back and bought an Escalade from Odaniel in Fort Wayne, IN... the experience there was the exact opposite. Avoid Ray Chevy in Chicago.

dsminva
10-03-14, 11:28 AM
Guess i'll post my experience with Rippy Cadillac in NC.

Drove 4.5hrs to them from VA Beach, VA to trade in my 07 Yukon for a 2010 Escalade. Had been dealing with the sales manager for a week over the phone and through email. We agreed on a price for my trade in, and a price for the new truck and I told them I'd be down on Saturday to do the deal.

I get there on Saturday afternoon around 5 or so, and I'm being told the agreed upon price for the new truck will cost me $1500 more and I can take it or leave it. Well after driving 4.5hrs, and getting all hyped up about a new vehicle - they knew they had me by the balls. There was a good 4-5 excuses for the price increase, and they kept telling me it was still a good deal, etc. Even told me they were talking about the wrong truck until I pointed out the stock # was the same. Well I don't care who you are, or what you are selling, when you agree to a price, it's just morally right to stick by it.

Test drove the truck and noticed a few very minor issues. Oh wait the service department is closed? At 5pm on a Saturday. Of course it is. I should not have had to fix these issues, but again, do I not buy it, or buy it and fix them myself. About $50 and an hour labor involved.

Alright suck it up and buy it anyway. I sit down to do the paperwork and tell the sales manager that i'll just pay the additional $1500 out of pocket so my monthly payment is where I figured it up at. No problem he says.
Paperwork was filled out, incorrectly, 5 times. Each time they kept trying to charge me for this or that, including NC tax (In in VA), NC title, etc. Finally we get all that sorted out and I go to pay the $1500. (It's after 6pm closing time now) I'm told they don't accept credit cards for payment. WTF? Ok so not only do I get screwed on paying an additional $1500 but now, after all the paperwork and everything is done, do you bother to tell me that you also want to screw me out of points too? Holy hell and I mad at this point. Offer up my visa check card since they tell me that is ok (but my normal visa is not??). Oh wait, your finance people are gone and cannot run my card. Super. Leave my CC info sitting on their desk the rest of the weekend? I think not. They finally decided to let me call them back on Monday with the info. Great I leave.

About 2 hours from home I realize they neglected to put my keys on the new keys. They took both out of the sales office to do that. Awesome I have no house key, no work key, and no key to my trailers. Its still raining, its dark out, and im even more upset. I was rushed out of the dealership because it was after closing time, and didn't get my keys. I also (my fault) left a portable tire inflator and jumper cables in the back of the trade in. Sweet.

So Monday rolls around, and I'm trying to pay these guys. No they wont accept the info over the phone, they want a picture of my card, front and back, and my drivers license sent to the sales manager via text message. WTF?!? Really, you want me to send my data over unsecured lines? How do I know the guy isn't going to sell off all my info? Not happy about that at all, and feel like im jumping through way too many hoops here. We went back and fourth for a few days on this. Eventually I was told the finance girls cant do anything without me there, and I just stopped replying to the sales guy. I had enough. 2 days later, according to my bank, the transaction was made. Why was that so hard? I'm also told they will mail me my keys and my inflator/cables.

A few days later my keys arrive. That's all.

I keep calling about my inflator and cables. Sales manager keeps blowing me off or not taking my calls.

Finally after 3 weeks I'm concerned that I have not received my title and the temp tags are about to expire. I called the sales manager again to inquire about that. I'm told they cannot give me the title. Well how the hell am I supposed to register the truck??
I finally called back and spoke to someone in the finance dept who got me to a titles dept. The lady was very helpful and said the title was going to be sent to me directly so I could take care of business with DMV. Great. A few days later I get the title. But it isn't signed and DMV will not take it. I call them back and explain the situation, and I'm told they don't sign titles. I've never heard of this before. They ended up sending me a dealer reassignment form a few days later. This worked at my VA DMV. Thank God.
I also explained the last time I called that I STILL had not received my inflator or cables after they were promised to me. I was also promised a copy of all the paperwork I signed, including the credit information. A week later I finally got my inflator and cables, but to this day I have yet to get any of the paperwork I signed.

I'm pretty sure I will never buy another vehicle from Rippy Cadillac. I know their parts dept here has rave reviews, and I really hope those folks have more of a brain than the sales people do. Their parts dept reviews here are the #1 reason I chose to drive 4.5 hrs away to go buy a vehicle from them. Big mistake.

In the end I have the truck, it is registered, runs well, I have my keys / inflator / cables, and I paid a fair price for it. But was it really worth all the extra hassle? Hell no.

meahmiller
10-10-14, 11:37 AM
Avoid Stewart Cadillac in downtown Houston, TX. We drove 4 hrs to go buy the specific platinum escalade awd I wanted. They promised that if I had to have work done on my esky that I would be given another esky to drive. It prob wouldn't be a platinum one but an esky none the least. Well when we got our esky it was dark. We drove back home in the dark. The next morning we noticed there was black spots on the linen colored roof. There was also a tear in the leather on the center console, a tear in the leather on the dash where a vent was, & the paint(tricolor) on the molding around the windows on the back was bubbled. We took pics and sent them to Stewart Cadillac. They said they would fix it there and would not authorize a dealership in Louisiana to fix it. We drove there and they refused to give me a rental car at all. We insisted they give us a rental car as promised. They gave us a ats which is def not an esky. I needed an esky cause I have a bad back. Then they told us we couldn't leave Texas with the car and they would need 7 days to fix my esky.

Needless to say I was not happy. They fixed the console and dash tears then authorized a local dealership in Louisiana to finally fix the pAint.

I would stay far away from them. If our local dealer doesn't have the model esky I want I will just order it from now on.

My local dealership Bubba Oustalet Cadillac treats me awesome. They are located in jennings, Louisiana