: question about switching from standard running boards to retractable

alloutwarn
04-27-12, 10:15 PM
so my escalade came with the standard running boards, i removed them and bought a set of factory retractable running boards off ebay. i dont really care to have them retract when the door opens all i really want them for is to cover the underbody. so my problem is i have them bolted up and theres a big gap. is there anyway to power up the motor to get them to fully retract up? or does anyone have a wiring diagram for the running board motor? any help would be appreciated....

MrHolland
04-27-12, 10:34 PM
Without a picture I can't say for certain, but they might be fully retracted. There is a gap on mine when they are up all the way, approx 1.5 - 2 inches. Its probably not as noticeable as it could be since my car is black. The retractable boards on the Ford Expedition fit the way ours should.

alloutwarn
04-27-12, 11:34 PM
the gap is easily 6 inches or so, the reason i know they arent fully retracted is because if they were you wouldnt be able to mount them to the frame because the rails would cover the holes for the mounting bolts.

mountainmaxman
04-28-12, 12:49 PM
I was thinking of upgrading to the auto ones for myself also, can we see some pics?

alloutwarn
04-29-12, 11:07 PM
i pulled them off because they looked like crap, ill post pics once i figure out the problem...

blkonblk
11-14-12, 04:00 PM
how did it go? did you end up installing those or no?

08EXTWhiteDiamond
11-15-12, 05:44 PM
99975:bouncy: (schematic)

baggedlvintegra
12-10-12, 01:00 PM
08EXTWhiteDiamond...awhile back you provided this schematic for the power running boards. The wire colors identified on it do not match my 07 power running boards and I'm trying to wire them up. Any chance you could provide the schematic for the power running boards on an 07 model?

08EXTWhiteDiamond
12-15-12, 08:36 AM
Late response - Out of town for a while... That is the only schematic for the running boards I have.