: Popping sound

xmaciek82x
04-27-12, 07:28 PM
Hey everyone, I picked up my CTS-V less then 2 months ago. I noticed that after driving it a little hard and parking it in my garage I hear a lot of loud "pops" from the front end. Sounds like metal on metal and also looks like it is coming from the front brakes. Is this normal? I had brembo brakes before but they never did that. Also I know after driving a car hard, temps go up and metal (exhuast, headers, etc) tends to "pop" but none of my previous cars had loud ones like the CTS-V. Do you guys get the same noises or is it just me :hmm: This is my first domestic car, so I might be asking few more stupid questions. :)

thebigjimsho
04-28-12, 02:18 PM
Yep, I've heard them. Sounds like a catalytic converter click?

Trapspeed
04-29-12, 08:48 PM
Let some carbon build up and it should subside.

Stillborn
04-29-12, 10:39 PM
it's the various metals (engine/exhaust) expanding/contracting. every car i've ever owned does it. (some more than others)

hulksdaddy
04-29-12, 10:51 PM
Hyperdrive cooling down. Have Chewie check it out.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-30-12, 02:15 PM
Not a stupid question at all, xmaciek82x! If the noise continues and you're still concerned about it, it would be best to take your V in to your Cadillac dealership for a proper diagnosis. I'm always happy to locate a dealership near you if you don't have one you regularly use; send me a private message anytime for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service