Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Autozone Vendor "Out of Stock" on 07 Water Pump! What's up with that?

943 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Motown Cad 
#1 ·
Greetings all! I just got back from travel for the past few weeks. I was unfortunate enough to leave right before the forgestar purchase. Hope that went well for all.

Anyways, I was working close to home this week and noticed a slight stone wheel, metallic, bad bearing sound coming from front accessory area that got worse over the week. So I assumed it was a balancer going bad and started searching forums.

Well I finished my class today (passed :cool:) and on the 1.5 mile ride home I noticed a chirp, then more and more chirping and by the time i got home i parked, popped hood and ran to front to see if balancer was wobbling. It wasn't. It was the big black wheel above it which i deduced was attached to water pump.

So like my title says, I went to autozone and they were out. I'm about to search online for one. Can't believe they didn't have an LS2 pump or weren't even able to order thru their system. Girl at counter said "it could be tomorrow or next year", a real comedian.

But I should be thankful it didn't happen driving back home to the "D" or 150 mile from home or something. Any recommendations on who sells a good one? Should I swap in an oversized radiator and new thermo while im at next week?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.