: Northstar head gasket repair

beebop01
04-27-12, 09:06 AM
13 years experience with Cadillac and have completed 76 cars up to date. I am located in Indianapolis, IN and more or
less your looking at 1800$ out the door to complete the head gasket repair 18 month/ unlimited warranty with an ad on ebay. Thanks!

Submariner409
04-27-12, 09:55 AM
Please contact an Administrator about becoming an Authorized Vendor. Check out the "Advertise" tab up ^^^ in the top light blue toolbar.

Ranger
04-27-12, 12:06 PM
18 month/ unlimited warranty :hmm:

drewsdeville
04-27-12, 01:15 PM
The competition over repairing this problem is interesting. We're down to $1800 now? Nice.

roym01
04-27-12, 01:40 PM
I guess this is the point where some get to fully understand, and appreciate, just how important good customer service really is.

I really hope that its not too late for those people.

Faded Crest
04-28-12, 12:34 AM
That's almost cheap enough to put the DIY'ers out of business! :rolleyes:

postman2000
04-29-12, 10:43 PM
Are you using studs to fix the head gaskets?

beebop01
04-30-12, 08:32 PM
No i am not using studs. There are a select few of us who are fixing the mass repair needed for the cadillacs and we have our ways of doing it. I give the customer a choice of time serts or norms with the same warranty on both. I have fixed many other Cadillacs that I still see the customers to this day with timeserts and no issue.I have a customer in a 1999 Deville I put timeserts in along with an engine overhaul in the winter of 09'. I just worked on the car 2 weeks ago and its bone dry and he is still running the car hard with 60K since the repair. Mostly I use Norms now but its all in the final prep of the block and the torque of the bolt. I have 76 references from Indiana to New York from cars shipped to me to motors on a pallet going into a sand rail car. Yes there is a lot of competition fixing these cars but we all try our best and definitely don't wanna have to do it again! I have no problem supplying references in my state of far away. I am not going to get on here and knock other peoples ways or say there product is junk. WE fix the cars for you guys that need the work done and don't want to tackle it.!

codewize
05-03-12, 09:14 AM
OK so who's near me that wants to do one. I'm in upstate NY. When is it cheaper to replace the engine?

JoeTahoe
05-03-12, 09:24 AM
Do ya only need head gaskets or mid case seal also

codewize
05-03-12, 01:02 PM
Just HG. Surprisingly enough this engine has no leaks.

vincentm
05-03-12, 01:39 PM
Id reseal while HG's are being done....just sayin..

codewize
05-03-12, 02:28 PM
I guess at this point it comes down to cost. In another thread you'd see that I put $600 worth of bogus repairs in this car over the last 6 days. I'm not made of money but I do see and value your point.

89falcon
05-03-12, 03:43 PM
Just HG. Surprisingly enough this engine has no leaks.

Then you'd better check your oil!! I think you're out! :D

codewize
05-03-12, 05:18 PM
Oil is fine. The car actually uses crazy oil which I think we've determined was a clogged PCV baffle in the rear cam cover. But oil is clean and doesn't have coolant in it.

Mojo88
05-03-12, 05:41 PM
Is there anything (besides pray to the Northstar Gods) the average Northstar owner can do to help avoid head gasket failure?????

Thanks

-

RippyPartsDept
05-03-12, 06:07 PM
there is nothing you can do (beyond regular/normal maintenance) if it's going to happen it will happen (and then you'll have the chance to fix it so that it will never happen again)

beebop01
05-03-12, 06:17 PM
Deleted by Submariner409. Reason: previously advised to subscribe for vendor status.

RippyPartsDept
05-03-12, 06:34 PM
VIA http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

(http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html)
Commercial solicitations may be posted in the forum they most apply to as long as the company conducting the group buy is an authorized vendor at cadillacforums.com.
Messages promoting a commercial entity that is not an authorized vendor of cadillacforums.com may be deleted at any time at the discretion of the community moderators and administrators.

you should look into getting authorized as a vendor

codewize
05-03-12, 11:08 PM
What's it cost for a crate N* now days.

RippyPartsDept
05-04-12, 09:24 AM
a lot ... like $5000 a lot

codewize
05-04-12, 10:47 AM
OOfff OK so that's not an option. I thought they were more like $2500 ish now. Well maybe this is a sign that it's time for me to buy a Brogham that's been held for me for e couple years now :)

Faded Crest
05-04-12, 10:50 AM
^^^^ I love Broughams! :thumbsup:

codewize
05-04-12, 12:32 PM
^^^^ I love Broughams! :thumbsup:

Yeah, this is a very custom 96 which is also an accredited car. Been in magazines, on TV and a few other notable things. So some folks in my local chapter are kind of owning it and holding it until I'm ready to buy. I think this may be the time.

beebop01
07-05-12, 09:39 AM
Just so you all know I have tried 3 times to advertise on this forum. I get an email stating that will be contacted in a couple days and no response afterwards.

Submariner409
07-05-12, 11:09 AM
I sent your post to Staff. You'll never need to advertise in this Forum, only up in Vendors or a private ad in Classified (and that's in overhaul).

Lac Lover
02-07-13, 01:50 PM
2002 Dts has blown head gasket looking to get it fixed....i live in Lafayette,In...any help would be appreciated...thnks

Submariner409
02-07-13, 02:10 PM
Joe Blau, Midwest Cadillac Repair, Palatine, Illinois.

Google it and truck the car there. You won't be disappointed. Not that far for you.

vincentm
02-07-13, 03:49 PM
Joe Blau, Midwest Cadillac Repair, Palatine, Illinois.

Google it and truck the car there. You won't be disappointed. Not that far for you.

^ this.

Joe is a stand up guy, and has nothing but satisfied customers here. Us Cadillac owners need more shops like his too

Ranger
02-07-13, 04:42 PM
Joe's number

847-776-1234

At last count he has done over 230 of them, so he knows what he's doing.

beebop01
02-08-13, 10:34 AM
Lac Lover,
DELETED

Thanks,

Brad

Ranger
02-08-13, 12:26 PM
Last name and phone no. deleted. Please see post #2.

CadillacSevilleSTS
02-09-13, 04:11 PM
Interesting. You all can post your friends details(Joe), but the OP can't post his.....

Submariner409
02-09-13, 04:54 PM
Interesting. You all can post your friends details(Joe), but the OP can't post his.....

Post #19. Then read the Site Rules and Regulations in the Site News sub-forum. The process is not perfect but it is pretty well adhered to. I'll admit - there's a fine line between "Hey guys, I fix engines; here's my number !" and "I know a guy who fixes engines; here's his number !" ........... and if the second respondent was discovered to be shilling for the first, it would be his last post in CF.

rrodgers
02-10-13, 10:32 AM
Looks like their are some favorites on the forum.

RippyPartsDept
02-10-13, 10:40 AM
Looks like their are some favorites on the forum.

do you have a favorite restaurant or some other favorite something?
why is it your favorite?

think about that for a minute

Submariner409
02-10-13, 10:51 AM
Welcome Aboard for the second time.

"Favorites" - as in ???

Most members try to stay fairly neutral as far as who they "like" or "dislike" and a lot of info gets passed back and forth amicably.

As far as people who work on the cars as a business or "I can help you" hobby, the dozen or 18 members who spend a lot of time in a particular forum eventually pick up on the good and the bad - from parts sources to detail work to engine work to good advice. Once you find a source that you like it's human nature to recommend that source to other gearheads. The friction comes when a business entity or obvious shill begins posting or contacting members without having read the standing rules or becoming an Authorized Vendor. If you'll read the vendor lists and threads at the top of the Forums main page you'll see that they (Vendors) are recommended with regular frequency. In the same vein, if a vendor or source does NOT provide a fair deal, that's aired very quickly - bad news travels fast in here.

It might be interesting to note that "rrodgers" and "beebop01" have the same IP location - Indianapolis, IN - they appear to be the same person. "beebop01" has been asked to become a Vendor on several occasions so that he can promote his automotive repair business in the open.

Ranger
02-10-13, 10:35 PM
it might be interesting to note that "rrodgers" and "beebop01" have the same ip location[/i] - indianapolis, in - they appear to be the same person. "beebop01" has been asked to become a vendor on several occasions so that he can promote his automotive repair business in the open.
busted!

Submariner409
02-17-13, 01:27 PM
A word to the wise: Never try to login to another CF member's account using their username and different password attempts - you're fooling with Federal hacker territory.

Big Brother IS watching ............... and your login attempts are stored in the database.

Ranger
02-17-13, 09:58 PM
Busted again