: Rear Wheel Bearing Replaced - Rear Grinding solved??

Griffin337
04-26-12, 05:27 PM
Latest of the many issues I have had on my '11 Wagon was a rear end noise. It was coming from the Drivers side rear. I thought maybe the rear end was going. Just got the call from the dealer and turns out it was the drivers side wheel bearing.

Anyone else have one fail?

I am going to pick it up in a bit. Hopefully i will be able to keep it a full week without taking it back in. :helpless:

Griffin337
04-26-12, 11:53 PM
Sadly nothing was fixed. Same issues. I don't know if I should go in the morning and cry on the service managers desk.. I mean I have owned it for q month and its spent 10 of those days in for repairs. Not to mention the pre repair trips.. I am really not enjoying this car at all... :(.. I feel like q beaten man! Are normal people OK with being told its fixed and just living with it? We probably know more out the cars than the tech repairing them. I tried to reach out to Katie but that 2ent no where.. so I have had my car one day and four hours now and am going to get up and go right back in. I don't know how they say its fine but seem to fix something every visit. I am frustrated and pretty much hate driving it. I miss the days of owning a luxury car and going to a luxury dealer and being treated like someone and having your concerns addressed the right way the first time. This is really wearing me out..

baabootoo
04-27-12, 12:38 AM
I just got mine back after the 4TH repair for a leaky sunroof! Did you call GM and file a complaint, and get a case number? They said they'll have a "compensation package" but I'm afraid to find out what it is.

Griffin337
04-27-12, 09:14 AM
I have found the Cadillac Call Center, I mean customer service, very unhelpful. Im ready to had this all over to my lawyer and let him deal with it. Its been a full time job running to the dealer, talking to customer service, explaining the same issue over and over. The most frustrating part is hearing the poorly trained phone robots say over and over "Mr. Griffin we understand your concern". they obviously don't understand and really seem to care less.

This is the 3rd time its gone back for the rear end. This experience is by far the worst I have had in the 50+ cars i have owned. Its a huge disappointment .. But the bigger disappointment is that they really just don't care.

DiamondWhtV
04-27-12, 02:46 PM
I had to replace the left front bearing because of grinding, growling noises. Honestly thought it was from the rear, except the noise changed slightly when turning which was the dead give away that it was the front.

Sorry you are having this problem. Hope it gets fixed so you can enjoy the car for a change.

Griffin337
04-27-12, 02:51 PM
How or who diagnosed your problem? I have gotten to car back twice so far with the "Its all fixed".. I am not taking it until i test drive it from now on. How sad is that?!? Can't even rely on the fact that someone actually made sure it was fixed as if it was there car. Guess that is the #1 thing i miss about my AMG.. They took pride in the service they provided and made sure EVERYTHING was perfect every time. Its a joke that the car has been in the shop 25% of my ownership..

Thanks for the response! And again I hope NO ONE ever has to go thru this with their V..

DiamondWhtV
04-27-12, 07:25 PM
How or who diagnosed your problem? I have gotten to car back twice so far with the "Its all fixed".. I am not taking it until i test drive it from now on. How sad is that?!? Can't even rely on the fact that someone actually made sure it was fixed as if it was there car. Guess that is the #1 thing i miss about my AMG.. They took pride in the service they provided and made sure EVERYTHING was perfect every time. Its a joke that the car has been in the shop 25% of my ownership..

Thanks for the response! And again I hope NO ONE ever has to go thru this with their V..

My dealer is top notch and my service advisor it a V guy himself. They have a specific master tech that works only on the V's and he test drove before and diagnosed the problem immediately. Two days later had the car back and was perfect.