: 1997 eldorado rear speaker trunk deck

97EldoOwnr
04-25-12, 04:03 PM
Hey, new owner and couldnt be happier.
However, I do need help removing back trunk cover(interior), searched and only found seville which has trunk screws mine doesnt appear to have. Need to pop those 6x9's off.

I have researched Caddys for years and absolutely love it. Glad to be here, instead of lurking ;) thanks guys

vincentm
04-25-12, 04:33 PM
Any reason you're removing the x9's?

97EldoOwnr
04-25-12, 04:49 PM
One of the cones is blown

97EldoOwnr
04-28-12, 06:33 PM
For those interested.
2 10mm bolts in back under trunk lining.
2 19mm bolts that hold seat belts on. Impact wrench makes for quick work.

Submariner409
04-29-12, 09:46 AM
For those interested.
2 10mm bolts in back under trunk lining.
2 19mm bolts that hold seat belts on. Impact wrench makes for quick work.

Please post problems in the correct Forum.

NONE of this belongs in an engine repair thread. It's going to Discussions, Item Specific: Audio, Video, Security.

N*Caddy
04-29-12, 11:14 PM
The speakers on the rear shelf are NOT held in screws, one side is a slide in clip and the other is a white locking clip.
To access the speakers you need to:
1. Remove the rear seat bottom (just grab the bottom of the seat on each side push back and up).
2. Loosen the 2 seat belt/bottom rear seat back rest nuts (19mm socket). No need to remove the nuts completely just loosen 2-3 turns.
3. In the trunk on the upper corners of the rear seat locate 2 very long 6mm screws, each with a nut with a very large diameter washer. Unscrew the nuts (all the way).
4. Remove the rear seat back and on the edge of the rear shelf liner locate 4 Christmas tree style black clips. Remove the clips and now the rear deck cover is loose you can just carefully bow it in the midle (just few inches) and pull it out.
Now you have access to the 2 6x9 speakers.

Joe2thabone
06-10-13, 07:25 PM
Wow,so the rear speakers cannot be removed from the trunk??? I have a 1996 deville and considering replacement also...