: DeVille 04 Base SubWoofer Replacement

LeaderX11
04-25-12, 04:11 AM
I have a blown non-BOSE subwoofer ... and I planning
to get an aftermarket one .... The proplem is the aftermarket
subwoofer is an 10inch and it has deferent specification ...

and the shop say to me that I must change the stock amplifier >>>
and this costly $$$$

So , I only want a better bass response than the stock ....I want Only to replace the stock SUB .....

What is the specification of non-Bose Amplifier ???
and the specification of the factory Sub....

I cannt find an 8inch one ,,,, Can I put an 10 inch without any Bad modification ....

What about KenWood , is its SUBs can be handeled by the stock amplifier ???

PineyJustice
04-26-12, 04:25 AM
Ignore the mounting bracket, a 10 inch aftermarket will drop in and fit like a glove, you will NOT be able to use screws, I just used some e6000 glue in a bead around the outside, it held for a year and when I replaced it for a second time (didn't like the first one I replaced it with) I had a bear of a time getting the glue up. Use e6000, it will seal perfectly and will not come loose or rattle. I highly recommend an Infinity reference series 10 inch subwoofer, they have excellent sensitivity and frequency range + don't break the budget at 60 bucks shipped. A line converter tied to the factory lines with a dummy load resistor coupled with an amp that can push about 200w RMS will make that infinity sub sing like you have never heard before.

LeaderX11
04-26-12, 07:28 AM
I just geting out the really damaged stock SUB , Disconnect the wires which 4 wires ....
Place the new low quality SUB from KenWood connect the wires .... Reassembly only ...

Now ,,, the new sub works with a low performance it may because the stock amplifier ....
But for sure better than the stock one it can shake rear glass at maximum volume ....
But at that level I can here the exploaded Doors Speakers !!!!!

----------

Yeah FYI ,,, The Stock SUB was 10 inch not 8 !!!!

PineyJustice
04-26-12, 01:25 PM
You wanted a sub that had dual 4 ohm voice coils, the stock amp needs a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub and the infinity 1062 is not only very affordable at 60 bucks shipped. The sound quality is superb with the 1062, dual 4 ohm voice coils for proper hookup and it has very high sensitivity which means it can get quite loud with very little power.