: Good price for a 2012 coupe

sarasota_krash
04-24-12, 10:42 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post but I've been reading this forum for a little while, so thanks in advance!!!.

I've seen a coupe of posts on this but times and seasons change and so do prices and inventory.

I'm looking for a triple Black coupe, 6 speed, Recaro with the Alcantra option and yellow calipers. I found one that matches what im looking for locally and their MSRP is around $71K. They are saying that their invoice price is around $69K. I don't believe that for a minute. Could I get some suggested prices I should pay for a car with these options? I understand that everyone needs to make a buck but I thought I saw on this forum a while back a discussion that $6-8k off MSRP was the real going price, or at least a good deal.

I'm looking to purchase between a few weeks from now to a few months assuming the right deal presents itself.

Thank you...

Mike
Florida.

Maxniman
04-25-12, 09:04 AM
go to the edmunds site and build one with the options the dealer car has and it will give you msrp, Truvalue, and Invoice. I believe invoice will be around 66

CoppeR
04-25-12, 10:15 AM
Yeah this^ The coupe I priced out on Edmunds is $71,105 msrp and the invoice is $66,469

mother
04-25-12, 10:59 AM
Hit up something like the Costco Auto Buying Program (or one of a few similar programs from USAA, AAA, BJs, Sams club, etc.) and use that to get the price.

SoCalCTSV
04-25-12, 11:02 AM
go to the edmunds site and build one with the options the dealer car has and it will give you msrp, Truvalue, and Invoice. I believe invoice will be around 66

I paid this for the same exact options he listed.

sarasota_krash
04-25-12, 06:10 PM
Thanks a lot eveyone. That helps a great deal.

Mike

TexAg09
04-25-12, 11:38 PM
My coupe ended up costing me $71,621 drive out. I worked with 4 different dealerships, and they all react to you differently. One offered me $2,000 off right up front (for about $79k drive out), but wouldn't budge an inch outside of that. The one I ended up buying from was desperate to steal business from that other location, and worked with me considerably. With taxes and all, I got them to drop about $10k.

My included options are black diamond, black rims w/ yellow calipers, recaros, and wood trim. I may not be remembering another option or two (would be minor) but that should give you an idea of what you can get it for. Also, manual vs automatic should be no cost difference at all.

Edit: I suppose I'll go ahead and mention the dealerships: David Taylor Cadillac on 59 in Houston is the one that worked with me, Ron Carter Cadillac on 45 thinks they're to good for that.

CoppeR
04-26-12, 11:15 AM
Also, manual vs automatic should be no cost difference at all.

An Automatic will add another $1300 to the gas guzzler tax which you add to the options to get the final invoice price.

TexAg09
04-26-12, 05:14 PM
Ah, right, that stupid gas guzzler tax. Forgot about that.

smackdownCTSV
04-26-12, 05:23 PM
Other 2 options are sunroof and suede.

Maxniman
04-26-12, 06:05 PM
so on a loaded V Coupe what did DT take off of MSRP?

TexasCTS-V
04-26-12, 10:24 PM
I'm picking up my new CTS-V Coupe tomorrow with the same features you describe less the yellow calipers, and below is my specific info. This includes the wood trim, Recaro, Suede, Graphite Wheels, and gas guzzler tax.

MSRP : $70,490.00
Invoice: $65,808.03

I was able to get $1k less than invoice for a buy or $5k less than invoice for a lease with a 2.25% interest rate.

I've checked around and this was the best deal in the Dallas area.

Blk N Blwn
04-26-12, 11:39 PM
Just bought my New CTVS coupe a few days ago

Black diamond tricoat
Black satin wheels
Yellow calipers
Sun roof
Auto trans
Did not get Recaro's or wood grain

Sticker was 69,863
I paid 60,512 + tax

CoppeR
04-27-12, 09:50 AM
Interesting...problem Im having is im looking for a Thunder Grey and there's none in the midwest....tons of black. May have to order a 2013 to my specs!

sarasota_krash
04-27-12, 12:12 PM
I think a lot of negotiation goes out the door when they know they have the one and only car everyone likes, as oppose to options or colors which are not as popular. I spoke to the dealer about working on a better price and they're holding their $2K off stick and that's all. So fine... I will keep looking and waiting for a while, not a big deal. They know that the car I want is the only one is a 3 state range which is why they're holding on to the price... what they don't know is that I like road trips and won't mind getting if from further away...

thanks for your input everyone... I'll post my numbers once I cut a deal.

Mike

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-27-12, 02:32 PM
Mike,

Best of luck in your car hunt! If you wanted us to do a search to see if we can find any other "triple Black coupe, 6 speed, Recaro with the Alcantra option and yellow calipers" CTS-Vs, please send us your ZIP code in a PM.

Best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

quikag
04-27-12, 05:41 PM
$6k off sticker seems to be a reasonable deal if you dig around.