: Ebay Grill Installed!!

Stealth V
04-24-12, 06:38 PM
To my surprise it fits very well. IMO in fits better than the factory grill. It snaps in first then the pushpins go in and it has less wiggle than the stock one. now i need a solution for the bottom grill to match.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/wroehr29/photo1-2.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/wroehr29/photo2.jpg

rand49er
04-24-12, 07:02 PM
As much as I like the OEM grill, that's not bad ... not bad at all.

Yeah ... I want to see the lower one done. Plus, get a crest and wreath for the upper one. Looks a little bare.

I like it!

EdmundGTP
04-24-12, 08:03 PM
That does look pretty decent. A lower one to match would be even nicer. Does look a bit "empty" without a crest in the middle, but I'd be hard-pressed to add one myself. I kinda like the clean look of it.

Stealth V
04-24-12, 09:12 PM
for right now i am loving the crest-less look. a little more aggresive and sleek. i need to find a bottom grill fast

CTSV_510
04-24-12, 09:42 PM
Not bad, it looks ike it fits really well, but I'm not sure how I feel about it compared to a black stock one. Why not plasti dip the bottom grill and see how it looks?

Faber
04-25-12, 12:04 AM
Why is the top not tucked behind the trim?

Stealth V
04-25-12, 12:17 PM

Are you talking about the honeycomb itself or the entire grill behind the hood trim? Its all one piece abs plastic and where you can see the "x" s on the little trim piece is just how the mold made it, not that noticeable to me.

shadybx7
04-25-12, 03:46 PM
Are you talking about the honeycomb itself or the entire grill behind the hood trim? Its all one piece abs plastic and where you can see the "x" s on the little trim piece is just how the mold made it, not that noticeable to me.

looks good.. i thought it was metal from the first pic. your gonna have to powder coat that lower grill tho, Plasti dip or powder painting will chip.. it only a matter of time... Plasti dip it all.. it would look good and match the CUPA spliter better then gloss black

thebigjimsho
04-25-12, 08:39 PM

Yeah, not a fan. But don't worry about me...

Faber
04-26-12, 03:11 AM

yeah, referencing the honeycomb itself. Not a fan of the "x"s on the trim piece, but not my car. If you like it, that's what matters. Congrats on the successful mod.

qwank
05-31-12, 08:28 PM
I'm considering this grille also. How did you blackout the chrome hood strip? Or did the new grille come with that piece also?

EdmundGTP
06-01-12, 02:08 PM
I'm considering this grille also. How did you blackout the chrome hood strip? Or did the new grille come with that piece also?

Can be done with matte, flat, or gloss black rattle can, or the newest favorite, plasti-dip.

Stealth V
06-01-12, 02:49 PM
I painted the top piece myself, simple few bolts to take it off, some sanding and prep, then rattle can. I added the caddy crest on this grill from the factory one and it looks really good IMO, will get pics to update this thread.

EdmundGTP
06-01-12, 04:43 PM
You find a matching lower yet?

Stealth V
06-01-12, 06:39 PM
I have not, i am very dissapointed, i painted it black for the time being. Sorry cant get pics, snapped the timing chain last week and its in the shop for timing chain, cam, valves, lifters and springs :(