: Possible Tranny Problem -HELP ME PLEASE!

cecygrr
11-23-04, 02:09 PM
I think I might be having tranny problems. It began in the summer, when it goes to 2nd gear it jolts. Two days ago the Service Engine light when on, I took it in and the diagnostic gave a code. The tech said that it needed some kind of upgrade- so $450 and 300 miles later, the light when on again, and the jolting began again. The tech mentioned that after draining fluid he noticed metal particles in the fluid!!!

Does anyone have advice?

Thanks!

outofdablue
11-23-04, 03:39 PM
I have the same problem with my tranny minus the service light. When mine shifts from 1st to 2nd it shifts real abrubt and hard. I took it in and they just updated the transmission program. After the updated program it still shifts the same way. Seems like these Escalades have a sh*tty transmission. They do not shift smoothly at all. Please update us on what happens and good luck!

GMike
11-23-04, 04:47 PM
I had to replace the tranny on a 2002 with about 65,000 miles on it. Harsh 1-2 shift under hard acceleration (2 lanes changing to 1, so I had to get moving). End result, lost 2,4 and Rev. Had to limp home in 1st and 3rd. Cost $2500 for new transmission from Cadillac dealer (Installed with 50K mile warrenty). Traded in on new 2004 Escalade and at 2500 miles, tranny blew again. This time I lost all the high gears (3rd and 4th). Fixed under warrenty, but now plan on getting rid of in no more than 2 years. :nono:

cecygrr
11-23-04, 05:38 PM
I have the same problem with my tranny minus the service light. When mine shifts from 1st to 2nd it shifts real abrubt and hard. I took it in and they just updated the transmission program. After the updated program it still shifts the same way. Seems like these Escalades have a sh*tty transmission. They do not shift smoothly at all. Please update us on what happens and good luck!
Does yours shift that way all the time? Mine begins after the engine heats up enough. (thanks for the info by the way...)

cecygrr
11-23-04, 05:44 PM
That is not good news. As much as I like my truck, I think I'm going to trade it in for something other that a caddy.
I wonder if GM is aware of these problems...

Good Luck! And thanks for your reply.

Xrayqueen
11-24-04, 10:33 PM
That is not good news. As much as I like my truck, I think I'm going to trade it in for something other that a caddy.
I wonder if GM is aware of these problems...

Good Luck! And thanks for your reply.

Hi I hope this e-mail address can help you . I know certain Caddy's are having clunking problems when changing gears. This problem has been reported to the e-mail address I'm enclosing. Get in touch with www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/results.cfm You will find all issue's with Caddy's there. Good luck sorry you're having to deal with this B.S. Stay strong it is a great vehicle :)
Peace :yup: