: The dealer strikes again...Idiots

commander112
04-23-12, 05:48 PM
So I take in my car for a failing tire pressure sensor and while my car is being serviced I walk the showroom and see a beautiful white sedan with graphite wheels on it. I proceed to look at the car and notice that the rear wheels are sticking out too far and then notice that there is a huge gap around the brake caliper. I then look at the window sticker and see the car was ordered with polished wheels. So it appears the dealer did a swap and put coupe rims on a sedan. I tell the staff of their error and they do absolutely nothing to correct their mistake and claimed to have swapped sedan rims for sedan rims. There is no way that these were right. No matter how good of a car Cadillac makes they will never get over the inferior quality image until the dealers step up their game and do a quality job.

thebigjimsho
04-23-12, 05:52 PM
Tell them to stick to old deVilles and Fleetwoods...

toddsterv
04-23-12, 05:56 PM
agreed.........dealer quality of service is by far the worse i have ever experienced from any manufacturer

Houdini
04-23-12, 06:55 PM
What sucks is the different levels of service you get between dealers. I'm glad I have a top notch one nearby but I live minutes away from a really crappy one. The difference is night and day. I always drive the extra 40 minutes. I sure hope the difference is reflected in their satisfaction ratings and Cadillac does something about it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-24-12, 10:11 AM
commander112 and Houdini,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the dealership. With the dealerships acting as the face of Cadillac, it is important that each individual owner upholds the Cadillac standard. Cadillac is always happy to hear feedback!

All the best,

Ashley (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

commander112
04-24-12, 11:58 AM
Ashley,
It would appear that this particular Oakland County dealer is taking on the responsibility of essentially making their own car. Any damages that the buyer will have from paint chips and perhaps axle/bearing wear would fall on the dealer assuming that they simply did not push the charge through to GM. The dealer has modified the car and some buyer will more than likely purchase without any knowledge. I know this crap happens all of the time but it is a great disservice to the customer in the end.