: Does the 2011 auto transmissions shift any differently from 09-10?

sshu
04-23-12, 01:41 AM
Do the 2011 automatics shift any differently from the previous years? I did some searching on the forum but couldn't find much info to substantiate this. On the cadillac web page it states that the 2011 auto has 'performance algorithm shifting'

http://www.cadillac.com/2011-cts-v-luxury-sedan/features-specs/collections.html

Is this something new for the 2011 or something that the auto tranny always had? When you downshift does the transmission 'rev match' like on dual clutch trannys? Thanks for the help.

Scott

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-23-12, 10:55 AM
Hi Scott,

I checked my resources for you and found that "Performance Algorithm Shifting" is also a part of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V 6L90 six-speed automatic transmission's controller programming, and it provides a performance-oriented shift pattern during sustained high-performance driving. I'm sure the community will be replying soon with great feedback, and please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have lingering questions.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

qictrk
04-23-12, 01:49 PM
Scott, I had an '09 and I currently have an '11. I believe there is a difference. My '09 had a harder shift between gears and
especially when I would accelerate up to about 50mph, let off the gas, and get on it again. The '11 seems to be much smoother.
This is seat of the pants, so take it for just that and nothing more. Cecil.................

DiamondWhtV
04-23-12, 01:53 PM
Would like to know if the 2011 paddle shifter works the same as the corvette now. In the corvette can use the paddle shifter without placing the transmssion into sport or manual shift. For example you can use the paddle shifter to downshift, but when you comes to a stop, it returns to the auto mode.

FLTRI
04-23-12, 02:14 PM
Would like to know if the 2011 paddle shifter works the same as the corvette now. In the corvette can use the paddle shifter without placing the transmssion into sport or manual shift. For example you can use the paddle shifter to downshift, but when you comes to a stop, it returns to the auto mode.

I haven't driven a C6 Auto, so I don't know if it's the same, but I found out by accident that yes, if you paddle down shift while in Tour mode, the tranny will go to the next lower gear. It stays there for 20 seconds or so, and then goes back into 6th. If the trans is in Sport mode, it stays where you put it...

sshu
04-23-12, 06:31 PM
When you downshift does the transmission 'rev match' like on dual clutch trannys?

Smokin_Cache
04-23-12, 06:49 PM
Yes it does "rev match"

FLTRI
04-23-12, 06:50 PM
When you downshift does the transmission 'rev match' like on dual clutch trannys?

Yup. It's a little aggressive with it if you're driving "normaly", but damn near perfect when you get into it...

Pphilthy
04-24-12, 01:34 PM
I was told that the algorithm was updated on the 2011+ models - but I'm sure some of the forum experts can provide more detail... How it was explained to me, the updated algorithm was optimized during the ZL1 development and then made part of the CTS-V for 2011+ models...