: New to GM / First Impressions of My New V

Blk N Blwn
04-22-12, 06:08 PM
Well I picked up my new 2012 V Coupe yesterday. First word that comes to mind is WOW. I have driven and still have some fast cars but this has to be the most overall complete pkg I have ever driven. The handling and overall ride is excellent for a car with such a tight suspension and low profile Tires. Car can be scary fast. I got the auto and from a 45mph roll with the comp setting and sport shifting the car breaks the rear tires loose (does not chirp them it smokes them). I know all of you V owners already know this but I really could not be happier with this car (was also debating on an Audi S5). I have an 09 Challenger SRT with a Kenne Bell SC that is still faster but the Caddy is so much more fun to drive and it will smoke the Challenger on a road course. Still learning a lot about the car but absolutely love this thing. Dealership experience was also top notch. Great job GM!

LV_V
04-22-12, 06:28 PM
Welcome! Can't wait to get my V Coupe!!

baabootoo
04-22-12, 08:28 PM
Your Cadi "should" smoke the Challenger also.

airtroop01
04-23-12, 12:53 AM
Congrats... and welcome.
I got mine recently too... I love it.
Cadillac/GM really hit a home run with this one.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-23-12, 10:46 AM
Congrats, Blk N Blwn! I'm so happy you're enjoying your new V! Welcome to the forum, and please don't hesitate to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you ever have vehicle questions.

Many happy miles,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

JFJr
04-23-12, 10:50 AM
You made the right decision. I have 58,000 miles on mine and it is still the best car I have ever owned.

Jud

Blk N Blwn
04-23-12, 06:13 PM
Your Cadi "should" smoke the Challenger also.

I don't think so. Challenger was dyno'ed at 525hp at the rear wheels which calculates to 620ish at the crank. Has run an 11.72 @ 119mph (it ain't stock). The V is fast and I love it but it ain't gonna run that time in it's current stock condition.

Regardless the V is a rocket and is now my favorite ride (hopefully my Challenger buddies don't find out. Lol)

BigDog001
04-23-12, 08:19 PM
Welcome -- we all know exactly how you feel! .... and it only gets better!

kirbyCTSV
04-24-12, 12:16 PM
I don't think so. Challenger was dyno'ed at 525hp at the rear wheels which calculates to 620ish at the crank. Has run an 11.72 @ 119mph (it ain't stock). The V is fast and I love it but it ain't gonna run that time in it's current stock condition.

Regardless the V is a rocket and is now my favorite ride (hopefully my Challenger buddies don't find out. Lol)

pulley/intake/tune and ur V is just as fast...not bad for $1k or so in mods.