: 07 Escalade rear view mirror temp/compass not working

motomaniac
04-22-12, 08:26 AM
Hello all -

I just purchased an 07 Escalade and the digital temp/compass in the rear view mirror is not on. Is there a way to check the functionality of this? Is there a setting that I need to do from the dash to turn it on? All the wiring looks connected and in good shape, just no display

K9Caddy
04-22-12, 02:54 PM
My 2009 doesnt have that feature in the rear view. It's located in the 'DIC' below the gauges in the dash.

cgman
04-22-12, 04:00 PM
I found this in the 07 user manual page 155:

"Compass Operation
AUTO : Press and hold the “auto highbeam” button for approximately three seconds to turn the compass/temperature display on or off. When the ignition and the display features are on, the display will show two character boxes for about two seconds. After two seconds, the mirror will display the compass heading and temperature."

The "auto highbeam" button is the left most button on the rear view mirror. I don't think many people would think this is the button to use to control the temp/compass display, but it is.

torr714
04-22-12, 04:01 PM
Hold down the auto light button on the mirror and the temp and compass should come on if working just tried my 07 and that's how you turn off and on the feature

motomaniac
04-23-12, 07:25 AM
You guys are awesome. That worked. The last place I would have looked

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-23-12, 11:14 AM
So happy to see the community was able to resolve your question this weekend, motomaniac! If you have any lingering questions, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service