Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Got my First CTS-V today!!

3K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  kciaccio 
#1 ·
I have always wanted to get a CTS-V. I work at a dealership as a buyer and I have test driven thousands upon thousands of cars for my job and I always felt that the CTS-V was the car that fit my lifestyle.

Today I pulled the trigger on one that a fellow buyer brought in on Thursday. It is a black 2007 with 32K miles on it and only been in Georgia and now Texas.

Just brought it home from work and have not had much time to play with it yet, but looking forward to being on this forum and learning new tricks about this car.

#9 · (Edited)
it's an LS drive train and the car has a big community *ahem*

I think the styling is damn near timeless and it's at a sweet spot of mechanical integrity and below 50% of MSRP. especially at such low mileage.

I like how you said *first* V

I have a 2007, same color, and we're in Texas!

#16 ·
Congrats. Very nice car.

Now, go out and check your clutch fluid, anything darker than "beer" yellow; should get new fluid in there.

It gets dirty quicker than you think, and makes a difference when you get it filled and cleaned out.
My car had twice the miles, but clutch fluid was almost empty, and solid black. Easily overlooked by most of us.

Just my 2 cents...

#18 ·
How strong are the rear ends in these things? It has been a while since I owed anything with this kind of power. Considering I only have a completely stock 32k mile 07. What would you do for upgrades? Any weak points I should strengthen up first?

I know wheel hop has been mentioned. Is that one of the first things to address?

#19 ·
How strong are the rear ends in these things? ...

I know wheel hop has been mentioned. Is that one of the first things to address?
You've got the the best OEM differential in your '07. If you're inclined to leave an occasional pair of black stripes on the pavement behind you, you may want to consider a set of axles. I've got DSS/Hendrix, but there are others available as well.

A CAGS eliminator and a shifter would be the first things to address, IMHO. Won't break the bank, either.

#20 ·
I work at Texas Direct Auto as a buyer so that is where I got it from. lol

Thanks for the advice on the clutch fluid and rear end guys.

Unfortunately I only received one key. Do these cars use a special key?

CAGS is annoying. Sucks you have to waste money and time bypassing it.

G
#22 ·
Your diff should hold up to almost anything. I've been abusing mine for over 4 years with well over stock power levels. You will want to consider a set of axles, I've tried most of the options and found the Gforce set to eliminate my hop the best. For around $550, it's good assurance.

#30 ·
Congrats and welcome!

Picture of the shifter makes the shifter look shorter than stock. So, maybe someone put in a shifter. But, if they did, you'd think they bought a CAGS eliminator (male & female connectors) ...off of eBay or some other vendor for ~$20.

Definitely flush the clutch fluid and rear diff fluid. Keep those fresh.

#31 ·
Funny you should say that, I was driving into work thinking the same thing. I think it has a short throw. When it is in 6th that shifter knob is real close to the center counsel. I will change out those fluids after my tints are installed.

Any good outside car covers for these things?

----------

Funny you should say that, I was driving into work thinking the same thing. I think it has a short throw. When it is in 6th that shifter knob is real close to the center counsel. I will change out those fluids after my tints are installed.

Any good outside car covers for these things?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.