: Road Trip

BlownEscalade
04-21-12, 08:39 PM
Hey, doing a road trip from Edmonton, Alberta to San Diego for the next two weeks. Try out the Escalade. So far drove straight to Vegas where I am currently. Did it in 23 hours. Can't complain on the ride so far. Staying here a few days then off to San Diego then Disneyland :) then LA ad last stop before coming back home staying in San Francisco. Hope I get no car problems while down here.

chakde
04-22-12, 01:01 AM
On the way back take the oregon coast on 101 all the way to tillamook and then you can get back to I5 to go Vancover and back to Alberta. It is so nice that I have it done twice in the last 4 years. First time I went down the coast to San Deigo and came back Vegas side the second time went the same way but came back slightly different thru Yosemite, Arches, glacier and finally Watertown National parks. It was a blast. Again it depends on how much time you have.

BlownEscalade
04-22-12, 11:44 PM
Yeah I did that trip twice before. But 101 from San Francisco. I heard if you go from LA thru Santa Barbra to San Francisco it's suppose to be a nice drive. Anyone here live around there that can give me any input on that or directions for better drives along the coast? Much appreciated.

Today went to Grand Canyon and had a horrible day. I was told the grand Canyon West was a nice place with the Skywalk... Think again. A few places on the net said it was $12 to walk on it. Try $105 a person. Drive there thru a gravel road for about 14 miles to find out it cost us $420. Should of went to the south rim. Few more hrs drive but atleast not that expensive.

Off to San Diego tomorrow. Must say though, I seem to find Americans more friendlier than Canadians back home lol. Having a great time

murphy
04-23-12, 12:16 AM
You left behind some great weather today in Edmonton..I'm sure you could care less :)
If you don't have accommodation plans in SD I highly recommend the Marriott Marina..and trek down the Gaslamp District for dinner...some great places to dine there !! And a trip over to Coronado Island to the hotel there is also a great way to sepnd the morning...go for brunch...the largest wooden structure in US (hotel) and beach where Bay Watch was filmed (if you care :) )
And in SF check out Sausalito town and the Stinking Rose for great garlic dining experience....

BlownEscalade
04-23-12, 04:19 AM
Thanks, I'll try to check some of those places out. I heard it was +20*c in Edmonton. Here in Vegas it was +41*c lol

BlownEscalade
04-26-12, 12:10 AM
Well that made me mad. I get ready to pack up the Escalade after a few days in San Diego and what do I find.... Some idiot hit and run my rear end. Nothing pisses a guy off more that idiots doing a hit and run. I hope Karma bites him in the ass

murphy
04-26-12, 09:59 AM
Ah that sucks..

chakde
04-27-12, 12:47 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Jesda
04-27-12, 04:19 AM
:( :( :(

felixgun
04-29-12, 03:57 AM
Well that made me mad. I get ready to pack up the Escalade after a few days in San Diego and what do I find.... Some idiot hit and run my rear end. Nothing pisses a guy off more that idiots doing a hit and run. I hope Karma bites him in the ass

Man that is terrible! I just moved six months ago from Louisiana to Colorado and drive my Esky the whole way with zero problems. Definitely a great road trip vehicle.