: does anyone know how to seperate headlight bulb from ballast?

slow driver
04-21-12, 07:11 PM
:cookoo:

cadmanchris
04-21-12, 10:22 PM
Once the headlamp assembly is removed, the bulb simply unplugs, and a twist counterclockwise removes the bulb.

slow driver
04-21-12, 10:31 PM
I am guessing that the silver box that holds the light bulb is the ballast. For some reason, I can not seperate the two and therefore cannot replace my burnt out bulb.
I have the new bulb, and you can see the two little nubs that hold it in.
I just don't know if you need to push it in and twist or just twist or just pull apart.
Neither are working for me, and I would like to take my wife out to dinner, but no way with one head light.
Oh well. Any help would be appreciated.

----------

Man, I was thinking it was that easy, For what ever reason mine is seized in there.
thank you so much Cadman.

Maybe just lube it up?
Or pull harder!

cadmanchris
04-21-12, 10:36 PM
The little plug on the silver box part of the plug just pulls out. If its a little tight, just use a small flat screwdriver to separate the connector from the bulb.

----------

The silver box and bulb are one unit-they are not serviced separate. The round black clip unclips from the box and clips onto the new one.

quattrotman
04-22-12, 12:37 AM
The ballast is not connected to the bulb. They are seperate. That silver box under the bulb is part of the bulb. If your replacemnets bulbs dont have them then you have the wrong bulbs. They are DS1.

slow driver
04-22-12, 04:23 PM
Thanks for all the help.
you are right, they do not seperate, but napa says they do.

Any Advice on where to buy the bulb besides our over priced cadillac dealer in Silverthorne,colorado?

cadmanchris
04-23-12, 12:12 AM
I may have one at work. I'll check tomorrow.

quattrotman
04-23-12, 02:11 AM
Check out ebay

Mxz71
05-05-12, 08:26 AM
Advance auto stocks the correct bulb. It is $100 but is a good quality silvania. I am usingone now.... too bad they don't stock the Ballast. Oh and BTW, the Ballast it on the very bottom of the headlight assembly.

Punmax
05-06-12, 08:26 AM
Here you go, buddy (skip to 4:00):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssi58wXfJ84

That helped me a lot!