: More Carbon Fiber, inside and out - custom V badges

Captain McFunk
04-21-12, 05:35 PM
Hey guys,

I FINALLY finished my custom V badges. They're going on tomorrow. They're stock badges, with blacked out chrome, and carbon fiber di-noc for the colored part.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/CaptainMcFunk/IMG_0431.jpg

The tab on the left is the backing paper. I might consider making/selling these if there is enough interest. They won't be cheap, though due to how much the badges cost.

I also wrapped the center console in di-noc. My piece around the shifter/e-brake was super scratched from the previous owner. I liked the black, but I couldn't stand the scratches, so I wrapped it. I've got a mix of carbon fiber and piano black now in my interior. I"m trying to decide if I should just do it all in carbon fiber, or if I should stop here. It looks awesome in person. I also finished the front and rear doors, shift knob, and area around/under center armrest in carbon fiber. The only pieces that are still black are the steering wheel, cup holder cover, shifter plate (P,R,N,D and M +/-), and the center entertainment dash piece. Everything else is wrapped.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/CaptainMcFunk/IMG_0435.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/CaptainMcFunk/IMG_0433.jpg

Anyone think I should stop here or should I go all the way and do the whole thing? I think there is a thing as too much carbon fiber, but this stuff just looks so clean and classy, and it's reversible. I can't decide. Anyways, let me know what you think.

-Adam

baabootoo
04-21-12, 07:11 PM
Nice detail!

qictrk
04-21-12, 08:45 PM
Sounds like you have a lot of energy to do the whole thing. Might as well do it and if you don't like it, well off it comes. Cecil............

vade_R
04-22-12, 01:37 AM
go all the way…but if u do…do a write up.

rangerrob
04-22-12, 10:23 AM
at the very least finish the cup holder cover, i'd say go all the way!

LV_V
04-22-12, 01:29 PM
Looking good bud!

tkracing
04-22-12, 07:52 PM
Great job..... I like those badges. I just bought all new badges to do something similar.

rockryno
04-23-12, 09:08 PM
I say stick to just the trim, it's a good balance. I agree, there's a thing as too much carbon fiber. I love mine with my silver accents. Love the badges, too bad I don't have a V...

DangFoo
04-24-12, 11:45 PM
OK, This may be the answer to the fugly black center plastic and old man wood throughout my V. How bad is the install process? Are you using an exacto to cut the stuff and how much did you order to cover the area shown in your pix?

Thanks for sharing with us - looks very nice and I vote for covering the rest.

NAX-121
04-25-12, 09:48 PM
Hey looks great. Ive played with the 3M also and wondered how it would look on the inside so thanks for posting the pics. Im still on the fence when it come to the engine bay and wondered if you had tried wraping anything under the hood.....all the heat. Keep up the good work. Here are a few pics of my 3M day:

LV_V
05-14-12, 02:48 AM
Have you tried wrapping the gloss black on the steering wheel?