: Coupe on the way back to dealer this week.

Smokin_Cache
04-21-12, 12:48 PM
Well a new appointment is set for the car to visit the docs at the local dealer.

Trim/rocker panel/plastic stuff coming loose behind and under driver door. Tried to look up the actual name for part but GMpartdirect must have their servers on a 1200baud internet connection. Parts on order to be painted next week.

Nerve grating loud rattle in driver C pillar

Inside finish of exhaust tips finish gone after first washing. Dealer washed car first 4 times due to the multiple trips for "Rocking Recaros" and subsequent damage from dropping seat during replacement. I wonder if that work is what is causing the trim to release now?

Dealer did great work first time. They made a mistake, but repaired it wonderfully with new parts. Hope this trip turns out the same.

Rotate and perform clicking TSB

How are the dealers at matching the White Diamond paint? They did a great job on a small spot last time. I have read horror stories about the Black Diamond.

Smokin_Cache
05-21-12, 09:08 PM
Pissed! Got the car back and it was two tone on the drivers side. Since they couldn't match the paint they tried to do some crappy fade job on it. So now the door and body have the wrong color paint on them. Ridiculous. My instruction the first trip were if the paint shop can't match the paint don't touch it. I just don't understand why they pull this kind of crap. Obviously they knew the paint didn't match our they would not have tried to fade it up the door.

Clicking was there the day it came home. The TSB works. IF they do it.

Rattle in the C-pillar was exactly the same as when I dropped it off the first time. Supposedly they replace some trim inside the car the first go around. If it isn't fix then why do they give it back. Are they hoping we will forget why the car was brought in?

STUPIDITY AT IT'S FINEST!!!

TriTexan
05-21-12, 11:35 PM
Major downer. I figure the paint on our cars is probably going to be the most difficult to deal with should an issue ever arise - it's one of the few parts that is hard to get back to the factory-new condition. Almost everything else can be repaired or restored but the paint has to be a tough one.

I'd say get in touch with your dealer's management (not the service dept supervisor, but a general manager at the least) and be firm and polite about your expectations and what you'd like them to do. I would also have in mind several other things they could do to make it right - loaners, etc. Good luck...keep us posted.

Smokin_Cache
05-26-12, 12:43 PM
I made a surprise visit to the dealer yesterday. The service advisor is such a nice guy it is hard to get rough with him. I had left my new sunglasses in the car and he promptly brought them out to me. He also brought a biz card for the manager of the paint shop and gave me directions on how to get there. I swear he is the nicest service advisor I have ever met.

Upon arriving at the paint shop the manager met me and we went out tho look at the car and have a meeting with all employees involved. I liked what I was seeing and hearing and I layed out my expectations in no uncertain terms. When they are complete I will be having an appraiser from a major used car sales company look and feel all up on the car. If he even gets the first hint that the car has had any paint put on it since the factory then the car is not acceptable and will remain at their shop until they can get it correct.

They always provide a loaner. In todays world I will not purchase from a dealer that does not provide loaners for any work over 4 to 6 hours.

V locity
05-26-12, 12:51 PM
Jason,

Hope to see you at the cruise-in today... Even if it's in the loaner :D

Airfoto
05-26-12, 06:13 PM
That paint issue really sucks - I'd go to the owner of the dealership and raise hell - have them repaint the WHOLE car! White is extremely hard to match or even blend - GOOD LUCK !!!!!

I haven't gotten any rattles yet and hope not to - but I did have to have one of the TPS's changed out because it went dead - great attitude and service by the guys working on the car - I also told them I'D DRIVE it into the bay or where ever they needed the car - I have done this on all my cars - if the service manager doesn't like it - I go to the general manager and then the owner if I would have to. Have never had an issue about it - it's abnormal for them to have someone do that - BUTT - HEY - it's my car and nobody knows it better - I even do the test drive with the mech in the passenger seat = I'm happy and don't care what they think!

I also do this on my other car as well - 08 / Z06 - It's actually pretty maintenance free - modified quite a bite and just a fun car!

I'm pretty old school and still do as much maintenance on my cars as I can - oil changes ( no Mobil junk in my car) brake jobs / fuilds / rear end fuilds etc... Pretty basic stuff but good preventative maintance :bouncy:

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-12, 10:01 AM
How has everything gone since last Saturday, Smokin_Cache? Hope this next go-round is turning out better!
We look forward to an update,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Smokin_Cache
06-02-12, 12:27 PM
Thanks for checking on this thread Sarah!

Well I made another visit to the paint shop this week. The clear was drying when I was there. I was told yesterday that they had all the glass back in the car and the bumpers back on. I am upset that the entire drivers side of the car paint has been molested. All because of a piece of plastic trim separating.

My final words to the service advisor when I dropped it off the first time. "If you can't match the paint DON"T TOUCH THE CAR." And from what the guy at the paint shop has told me this is a very common problem with the White Diamond. Most cars/parts this color make multiple trips through the paint both to get it right. If it is so common why was my car touch to begin with. I just don't get it. Why is it so hard for a very large portion of the American population to follow simple instructions?

I thought I would give you a quick log of my experience since purchase.

Purchased the car just a few days before Christmas. Dealership delivered the car without paperwork sign with a big red bow so I could surprise my wonderful wife on Christmas with her new car. (I have a really hard time trying not to play with her gift!!!) 381 miles on odo. Yes I said 381 miles. Quote from dealer "This is a new car, but because it was bought and then traded in it must be sold as new. You will find nothing wrong with it."

Took the car back for Polyseal Protection on seats and exterior and CPO inspection. (Does it work? Who knows.)
Picked the car up two days later. The salesman delivered to front and said everything was complete. I looked over the car and asked if they had sealed the dirt and oil running down the fender in with the Polyseal. Uh Oh Uh it doesn't look like they put it on the car. Had I driven away that rainy evening I would have never known the treatment wasn't performed?

Take the car back on Saturday and I watch them put the pink and purple goop on every portion of the car. My main reason for this treatment was the Saffron suede seat centers. And I must say after a neighbors 150lb dog decided he was going for a ride in the back seat of the car while I was shaking the neighbors hand. I am a believer. The half gallon of slobber that was left behind after covered all claws and yanked the beast out of the seat just puddle on top and did not soak in. A few paper towels later there was no sign the slobber was ever there. While I am there I show the incomplete CPO inspection form and ask why is it missing allot of check marks and all the signatures. He scurries away with it and comes back with it completed except the signatures. Come on man this is getting somewhat childish. Do you want the car back or are you going to complete the form. Form returned again signed and was told it take 24hrs for it to make it in the computer.

So for the first week or two weeks we have had the car we have been told the Onstar and XM would be activated tomorrow. This was an ever other day phone call. On this trip I told him it would either be activated before I left or the deal was off and he could have the car back. Three hours later everything was fine. I Thought!! He promised us an additional 3 months of XM for our troubles. When the first three months was over I call and left a voicemail. I never got a call back and the XM did not function. I just added it to my account instead of the aggravation of getting the dealer to follow through on what they told me.

I called GM one to two weeks later to check on the CPO. And not to my surprise the car was not a CPO. So I promptly drive to the dealership. By the time I get there I had cooled down enough to be respectful. I was told to call GM tomorrow and it would be CPO. I called and yes it is CPO and good to go to 102k and some change. Now had I not called and all personnel at the dealer turned over in the next 4 years I am sure I would have a hard time get the CPO covered. It is scribbled on the “What we owe you” form from purchase.

My wife complained about the driver seat rocking in the car. I don't think the car had 1000 mile on it yet. I take the car in for the seat. They call with confirmation seat frame cracked, new seat on order. Should be hear on Wednesday I think it was. Friday ready to pick my car up for the weekend and I get a call. The technician dropped the seat putting it in the car. Damaged door sill plate and scratched the rocker panel plastic trim that is now causing me issues. They ordered a new sill emblem metal piece and sent the car to have the scratches repaired. I have to ask it this repair job what cause the trim to come loose a few months later? Is my current issues root cause a rocking Recaro seat? The seat still rocks, but they claim that is normal. I have never owned, driven, or road in any other car that comes with a rocking chair. I guess that would save me some money if I have kids that needed rocking to sleep. Pitifully poor design.

So at this point I may have had the car a month or two and it has spent at least 2.5weeks at the dealership. And what a headache the Onstar, XM and CPO have been.

At some point in here they changed oil and wheel click TSB

A short time later I notice the rocker panel is coming loose at the rear portion of the driver door. There is approx 1/4” of play behind it. I try to ignore it because after a 4 month paint matching horror on a '99 Prelude with 1000 miles on it I did not want to deal with that on a $75K car.

So the wheel click is back. So I take the car in for the first post in this thread.

EDIT: I failed to mention my wife picked the car up after it received its two tone paint job. The first thing I notice was they did not put a new clear chip protector pad behind the driver door. It is a big piece of clear bra matrl that is hard to miss. How did that mistake make it through QC much less the two tone paint job. It just proves how they really do care for our vehicles.

I have owned the car for five months now and it has been at the dealership for 1.5 months of that time.

So far our 'Cadillac Experience' has been less than stellar. My wife and I both feel that the dealership has done everything they can to deceive us from the first time we met them. At this point we love the car, but regret purchasing it and unless I find a dealer I trust we will never purchase another Cadillac.

How much car value did we loose because of this repaint? I guess we will find out in 6 months when they are totally finished with this repair. I pray they surprise me and the car look immaculate next week.

Smokin_Cache
06-05-12, 06:57 PM
Update 6-5-12: I was told the car was ready for everyone to inspect, but the appraiser could not be reached. I asked if I could just come by and look anyway. "Sure the car is perfect. I can't find a thing wrong with it." The mgr said.

Paint blotchy. Paint does NOT match. Of the three parts that I found last week that had overspray on them only one had been corrected and the part was now damaged from the paint removal. The other two were not touched.

I am now going to meet the paint rep, appraiser and mgr on Friday to develop a plan.

Sarah or Katie what are my options?

Docterdre
06-05-12, 07:11 PM
Dammmmmm that sucks. Just tell them to trade it for a new car or u will sue them and actually sur them. Wat kind of service is that

V locity
06-05-12, 08:20 PM
Damn Jason! Sorry to here about this. What a horrible experience!

Is getting a great deal on a new one & a great deal on a trade an option for you? Ie; New one for dealer cost less hold back, Trade in for full book retail...

smackdownCTSV
06-05-12, 09:41 PM
Damn Jason! Sorry to here about this. What a horrible experience!

Is getting a great deal on a new one & a great deal on a trade an option for you? Ie; New one for dealer cost less hold back, Trade in for full book retail...

What dealer would offer that?

V locity
06-05-12, 10:12 PM
I had my wife's Lincoln Navigator in for service & thieves got into it & took the Aftermarket stereo system & thrashed the car doing so. The dealer told us they would fix everything, but when my wife saw it, she threw her purse down like a child and stated " I will not drive this car anymore!!!". Oh shit, was the first thing that hit my mind... The dealer was awesome! I was invited into the owner's office & he offered me the deal I described above to keep me happy (w/o me asking). We left with a brand new hemi Navigator. That's what I call customer service!!!

smackdownCTSV
06-05-12, 10:31 PM
Nice. On the good deals I've seen at dealers, they always lowballed on trade. Makes sense since they were giving a deal. But for a dealer to make $5K on each car, is a bit much, and the dealer just being greedy. $10K? Really?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-12, 12:58 PM
Smokin_Cache, thank you so much for your detailed summary! It was very helpful in exploring your options, and I'm happy to set up a service request at any point to help investigate your options further. (This would involve contacting your dealer, etc.) Please feel free to send me a private message, and if you already have a service request number associated with these concerns then let me know!

Best,

Katie

cdog533
06-06-12, 02:44 PM
You can't paint one panel on a pearl or candy car... The white is basically pearl.

You need to paint the WHOLE car for it to match. You trusted the dealer - NEVER trust the dealer.

They will never get it right. Your only option is to have a complete repaint at a GOOD custom paint shop (not the dealer's crappy collision shop) and just pony up the $5-10K.

Good luck.

Smokin_Cache
06-07-12, 09:06 PM
Uodate: 6-7-12

I called to see what time I was to show up tomorrow. I was told the paint rep already came by yesterday and removed the gas cap door which he sent to the lab in Ohio for matching. I am so glad I kept my schedule open for tomorrow. What the hell is wrong with people. Why wasn't I called yesterday and alert to the fact that the rep was there. And more importantly why was I told I could make other plans for Friday.

As far as me ponying up a dime for it. It ain't happening. The car will be perfect.

So my neighbor asked me if I needed help taking the loner car stickers off the windows while I was spraying it off in the drive. He is a shift worker so he thought I had got a smokin deal on a demo car or something. He said it's June and I had been driving the car since April!!! He must have been working nights for the two weeks I had the V back home.

cdog533
06-08-12, 12:38 PM
I'm just saying that particular color probably can't be made perfect without a total repaint. Maybe you could get away with doing one side of the car.

Smokin_Cache
06-08-12, 12:55 PM
I agree with you. That is why I told them not to touch it if they could not match the paint.

DangFoo
06-08-12, 06:00 PM
The dealerships really seem to run the gammot. I just got my V back and the local Cadillac dealer was top-notch from start to finish. I had the notorious differential grinding (not just the common whirring noise) and they replaced the whole rear assembly and had the car back to me within 3.5 days - cleaner than when I left it; rental CTS and daily updates ... Dublin [Dublin, CA] Chevrolet Cadillac = excellent service.

I wish you better fortune ahead!

Pphilthy
06-08-12, 06:25 PM
Any pearl is going to be very, very difficult to match without a complete paint job - one of the main reason why I stay away from those colors...

Best of luck, but you need to be realistic with your expectations...

Smokin_Cache
06-09-12, 05:13 PM
Since I told them not to touch it if they couldn't match the paint. Then my expectations are the car will look like it was never painted. Why should I settle to accept their incompetence?

cdog533
06-11-12, 12:01 PM
If they can't match the paint, which clearly they can't, what do you want them to do? Pay for a repaint somewhere else? Buy it back?

Smokin_Cache
06-11-12, 07:15 PM
I guess we will cross that road this coming Friday. My expectations have been plain and simple from thier first screw up(painting the door). Which the dealer and the paint shop have both agreed to. "There will be no evidence the car has been repainted." Are my expectations to high?

V locity
06-11-12, 10:42 PM
Jason,

They are right on target! Hang in there bro... A few weeks back in the car and all this stress will be gone.

Smokin_Cache
06-11-12, 11:03 PM
I have my fingers crossed. I have high hopes that the fuel door trick works. Those are hopes as I too have never seen a pearl or crystal color be matched without a total repaint. Which at this point I do believe they would do if it came down to it, but I also know they are going to try to slip it in me if they have the chance or I would have never been told the car was done the last time.

I am thinking just one good WOT runup would fix my stress.

Maybe I need to show up at the dealer shaking and sweating begging for a V test drive!! BAHA It's the VDTS I tell you. The VDTS!

Smokin_Cache
06-15-12, 06:33 PM
Well it is Friday and the paint shop did not call. No car again this weekend.

They did put two piece rotors on it this week to solve the click.

SecretWeapon
06-18-12, 05:58 PM
J. - Hang in there. If you are not happy with the way it looks or rides give it back to them again. Sorry you are having to go through this. You are a stand up guy and a friend. Keep me informed on what is going on. Regards. M.

Smokin_Cache
06-22-12, 05:19 PM
Thanks!! The owner of the body shop called day before yesterday. He was very excited they finally finished the job and the car is flawless. Supposedly many people have inspected and none of them have been able to find a single imperfection. They had to replace a few pieces of plastic because of the overspray I found. The only problem is I have been stuck in this hot dirt pile they call Midland-Odessa all week. I will inspect Monday and see how they have done this time. I have to be in Lafayette, LA next week I am sure hoping I get to take the V instead of flying. All will be good!!

Airfoto
06-23-12, 02:05 PM
I've had the same issue with Cadillac Service - less then what you would expect - DON"T EXPECT them to do anything that is going to satisfy you - UNLESS THEY REPAINT THE WHOLE CAR - and I surely wouldn't let their paint shop do it! As fair as CadCusSer - they'll listen - or make like it and only be there until you show them there at fault and nothing will follow that will satisfy you - I would get a lawyer and LEMON LAW THE CAR! I HAVE ONE BUT EACH STATE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT - SO FIND ONE IN TX - They totally screwed YOUR PAINT JOB - BUT WITH ALL THE OTHER ISSUES and the fact that they'll NEVER BE ABLE TO MATCH THAT WHITE - GET A NEW CAR! VERY SAD!

BWhite58
06-23-12, 03:09 PM
Thanks!! The owner of the body shop called day before yesterday. He was very excited they finally finished the job and the car is flawless. Supposedly many people have inspected and none of them have been able to find a single imperfection. They had to replace a few pieces of plastic because of the overspray I found. The only problem is I have been stuck in this hot dirt pile they call Midland-Odessa all week. I will inspect Monday and see how they have done this time. I have to be in Lafayette, LA next week I am sure hoping I get to take the V instead of flying. All will be good!!

I hope this is true but it's amazing what they don't see when it's not their car .

Smokin_Cache
06-25-12, 11:29 PM
I hope this is true but it's amazing what they don't see when it's not their car .

Your correct it is amazing what they "can't" see. I now have a 3/4 White Diamond and 1/4 Gold Diamond car. Pissed does not do justice to how I felt standing there looking at my car while the body shop manager told me the paint looked the same. I would have really liked to have drove his head thru the "V spokes" into one of those new rotors. That is exactly what I was thinking about standing there listening to him blow wind up my arse.

The Cadillac service manager and I drove it to another paint shop and went over the many issues. It will be dropped off there for another repair/repaint again Friday.

Whoever the 5 blind F^%#$ were that inspected my car and found no issue need hot pokers shoved in their eyes. Worthless as tits on a bore hog. Not that I actually believed all those people inspected the car. I was actually just wishing this nightmare would end. Someone please wake me up.

V locity
06-26-12, 07:56 AM
Katie,

Can Cadillac customer service help on this situation? It's bordering on the absurd.

cdog533
06-26-12, 10:42 AM
Your correct it is amazing what they "can't" see. I now have a 3/4 White Diamond and 1/4 Gold Diamond car. Pissed does not do justice to how I felt standing there looking at my car while the body shop manager told me the paint looked the same. I would have really liked to have drove his head thru the "V spokes" into one of those new rotors. That is exactly what I was thinking about standing there listening to him blow wind up my arse.

The Cadillac service manager and I drove it to another paint shop and went over the many issues. It will be dropped off there for another repair/repaint again Friday.

Whoever the 5 blind F^%#$ were that inspected my car and found no issue need hot pokers shoved in their eyes. Worthless as tits on a bore hog. Not that I actually believed all those people inspected the car. I was actually just wishing this nightmare would end. Someone please wake me up.

See my previous post...

You can't paint one panel on a pearl or candy car... The white is basically pearl.

You need to paint the WHOLE car for it to match. You trusted the dealer - NEVER trust the dealer.

They will never get it right. Your only option is to have a complete repaint at a GOOD custom paint shop (not the dealer's crappy collision shop) and just pony up the $5-10K.

Partial painting of the car simply won't work. Now it has a bunch of different paint in different spots.... I would say whole car needs to be scuffed, a new base coat applied, and then the whole car needs to be repainted at one time by a good custom shop, not a place that specializes in insurance collision work. Maybe GM would help offset the cost of the repaint. But I am sure anything less than a total repaint is window dressing at this point.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-12, 03:45 PM
Katie,

Can Cadillac customer service help on this situation? It's bordering on the absurd.

I'm definitely here to help where I can, V locity!

Smokin_Cache, let me apologize on behalf of Cadillac for your experience. please don't hesitate to contact me via private message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you would like me to officially document a complaint, or set up a service request for this concern if it isn't resolved after your trip on Friday.

Katie

Smokin_Cache
06-28-12, 10:43 PM
Thanks again Katie, but I don't want to burn that bridge with the dealer just yet. Like I said they are so nice it is hard to be rough with them.

The new shop that will be painting it was told by the Caddy Srvice Manager while I was standing there to just repaint the entire car. The guy from the shop said he didn't think that was needed.

I have found so many issue from the last idiots that worked on it.

Thanks for stepping up V Locity!

V Locity you will love this part. I measured the rear tread depth in the evening (Sat.) the last time I seen you. It was 4.2/32nds. Took it to the dealer in a hurry the next Monday, forgot to measure in front of them. I measured it again this past Tues. 3/32nds. They put ~30miles on my car in the 6 weeks they have had the car. Where did 1.2/32nds ($170 worth) of tire go? What is one to do? That is 17% of the usable tread on the tires.

It's not looking good for the trip I was planning!!

V locity
06-28-12, 10:51 PM
LOL... They had to make sure the paint would stand up to high wind speeds & hot rubber flaking up on it...

Wow, third one today! Get the GPS tracker boys. The minute we can prove they are litterally joy riding (stealing) our cars & one of them ends up in the back seat of a cruiser, that's when this will all stop!

They even have them w/o a subsciption...
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/itrail+gps+logger.do?sortby=bestSellers&from=fn

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-29-12, 12:28 PM
Thanks again Katie, but I don't want to burn that bridge with the dealer just yet. Like I said they are so nice it is hard to be rough with them.

The new shop that will be painting it was told by the Caddy Srvice Manager while I was standing there to just repaint the entire car. The guy from the shop said he didn't think that was needed.

Totally understandable! I'm looking forward to your updates and hope a resolution is near.

Best,

Katie

thebigjimsho
06-29-12, 02:14 PM
All caps makes me skip right over when done all the time.

Smokin_Cache
06-29-12, 06:57 PM

Huh? Did I miss something?

SecretWeapon
06-29-12, 07:09 PM
Hey bud, do not get to this forum very often so I am totally bummed to see you are still going through the wringer on this. Plus they were smoking your tires on top of everything else? This is really nuts. sounds like the fastest end to this problem is to trade it in and get a new one. I have no idea however if that is financially feasible or not. If you get up this direction let me know and I will buy you a consolation beer or two.

SecretWeapon
06-29-12, 07:10 PM

Big Jim, looks like you skipped right over and into another thread.

Smokin_Cache
06-29-12, 09:11 PM

Sorry Jim I was reading that while listening to a friends son tell my wife why he is grounded. I could not put it together. Make sense now. Thanks SecretWeapon.

I am going to make it up your way before long with or without the V. No beer required

Look on the bright side all the loaners have saved me allot of mile on the V. They have all been fully load so the only thing that is missing is the power and the looks one gets while in the V. I did get to drive it to Louisiana.

Speaking of looks I was pulling in the parking lot at work this morning and the security guard came running out of the shack while hitting the badge reader. I thought something was wrong at first then I seen her grinning from ear to ear. She loved the V and I think just seeing it made her day.

DEVILMANMN
06-30-12, 12:55 AM
I really feel for you. Let me explain something to you. I have worked in a body shop for 20yrs. Your car is a unique color.
First you have to paint a base coat of white.(2-4coats)
Then the midcoat of Pearl.(2-? Coats)
Finally the clearcoat-might be Pearl or tinted.

There is many many steps that can change the color.
Usually a painter will spray many tint panels out to get a color that matches. With tri-coated colors there are so many variances that you spend alot of time getting a color that is acceptable b4 you ever even start painting the car.

I dont know where you live but b4 you let anyone touch your car again, they have to show you a sprayed out tint panel that you can hold up next to your car. If they can't match a tint panel then they shouldn't paint your car. Most shops panel paint tri-coat colors because if you blend them the color changes in the blend area.
If they can't match the color, have them contact the paint maker, PPG,DUPONT,SIKKENS or whoever. They will match it for the shop.
I hope this helps you.

thebigjimsho
06-30-12, 11:41 PM

Um, no. Someone here constantly types in all caps and it gets old. It's here, just look...

Smokin_Cache
07-05-12, 09:01 PM
Update: As of 7-3 work has been paused on the car to evaluate a dealer buy back of the car.

My main concerns are how much it's going to get off in my rear pocket and my current car still has 90K worth of GM warranty and maint left on it. That would be reduced to 50K on a new one. :annoyed:

I have got my wonderful wife talked into a Black Diamond with ebony/saffron interior. She is having no plain ole black so we could avoid this paint-matching problem in the future.

Wish me luck. If this whole thing eventually works out in my favor, the owner of the dealership has a lifetime customer no matter the brand sitting on his lot. I think the service manager is beating his head against the wall doing all he can for me.

V locity
07-05-12, 09:06 PM
Update: As of 7-3 work has been paused on the car to evaluate a dealer buy back of the car.

My main concerns are how much it's going to get off in my rear pocket and my current car still has 90K worth of GM warranty and maint left on it. That would be reduced to 50K on a new one. :annoyed:

I have got my wonderful wife talked into a Black Diamond with ebony/saffron interior. She is having no plain ole black so we could avoid this paint-matching problem in the future.

Wish me luck. If this whole thing eventually works out in my favor, the owner of the dealership has a lifetime customer no matter the brand sitting on his lot. I think the service manager is beating his head against the wall doing all he can for me.

Get the full credit buy back & if they don't have one your looking for, have them locate one!

Do it NOW

Smokin_Cache
07-05-12, 09:10 PM
I like your thinking. And they have exactly what I am looking for on the floor.

neuronbob
07-05-12, 10:45 PM
Agree with V locity. If they are offering, DO IT and do not hesitate. Good luck!

BWhite58
07-06-12, 09:23 AM
I agree. get away from the paint disaster .

thebigjimsho
07-06-12, 06:15 PM
I'd do it, too...

Good to hear the dealer is trying it's hardest...

Smokin_Cache
07-14-12, 09:05 AM
Well the offer from the dealer was an insult. As was the second offer. Had to wait a week so I could post this without cussing. Once again they have wasted my time.

DEVILMANMN
07-15-12, 01:49 AM
Get a case started with Cadillac. Call the claims number ASAP. Stop the insanity . At some point you need to give up. Let Cadillac deal with the problem. The color can be matched but your car has way to many coats of paint already. There is an acceptable mil thickness of paint you should not go past and they passed that long ago.

Smokin_Cache
07-28-12, 10:42 PM
THREE friggin months!!! That's about all I can say.

Got a $300 gift card in the mail. I will not be touching that until the car is repaired properly. I will have it in hand when I can go inspect. Salesman said they were going to make a payment.

V locity
07-28-12, 10:48 PM
THREE friggin months!!! That's about all I can say. Salesman said they were going to make a payment.

Just one payment?

SoCal_V
07-29-12, 05:17 AM
Smokin, after all of this and the inexcusable experience you've had, you're actually still considering buying another Cadillac? Really?

neuronbob
07-29-12, 08:08 AM
THREE friggin months!!! That's about all I can say.

Got a $300 gift card in the mail. I will not be touching that until the car is repaired properly. I will have it in hand when I can go inspect. Salesman said they were going to make a payment.

Wow. Just, wow. Three months without the car for a paint issue that the dealer caused. I am feeling for you, man.

Smokin_Cache
08-04-12, 11:45 PM
Got the car back Thursday! I can't find anything wrong with the job. The dealer compensated me to the tune of $1450 cash. It was stressful, but as for now I am satisfied. The first shop he had work on the paint did a fine job screwing it up. I would guess that dropped seat cost them $5 to $8k or so.

hulksdaddy
08-04-12, 11:58 PM
Great to hear! What dropped seat?

Smokin_Cache
08-05-12, 12:05 AM
They dropped the seat on the car while repairing a "Rocking Recaro" seat. That is where this adventure started downhill.

hulksdaddy
08-05-12, 12:08 AM
Ah. So long ago I forgot that what started it.

Again, glad all is well.

SecretWeapon
08-05-12, 08:45 AM
Hey bud, glad to hear that the nightmare is over. Looking forward to seeing you again, sooner than later. Take care, M.

V locity
08-05-12, 08:55 AM
That's awesome news J. See you Saturday at the car show!

Smokin_Cache
08-05-12, 10:37 AM
Thank You!! See you there! Can't wait to see and hear that screamer you got there! LOL

Mark now that the car is back it is time to make that drive through the twists and turn out near Bandera.

neuronbob
08-05-12, 01:56 PM
Congrats man! Glad to see you back in action.

thebigjimsho
08-05-12, 08:59 PM
Great to hear you're satisfied!

ingram4868
08-05-12, 10:00 PM
We're all glad you are now happy but it is not right that you had to go through all this.

Smokin_Cache
08-06-12, 05:41 PM
We're all glad you are now happy but it is not right that you had to go through all this.

I agree, and so does the dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-07-12, 08:04 PM
Got the car back Thursday! I can't find anything wrong with the job. The dealer compensated me to the tune of $1450 cash. It was stressful, but as for now I am satisfied. The first shop he had work on the paint did a fine job screwing it up. I would guess that dropped seat cost them $5 to $8k or so.

Smokin_Cache,

We're happy to hear that everything worked out for you!

Ashley (Assisting Katie)

Smokin_Cache
08-07-12, 10:50 PM
Thanks for checking in Ashley!