: 95 SLS - 2 Fuel Filters????

Chairman_of_thebored
11-22-04, 10:13 PM
I noticed a little while back, what I thought was the fuel filter located up in the nose area of the passenger side. I thought that was a mighty convienient place for it. I was jacking up the drivers side today to rotate the tires and found a fuel filter on the under carriage right between the doors. They both sure look like fuel filters, though the one I discovered today has markings on the lines warning of fuel. What is the one up in the front? Sure looks like a filter to me. I have had my SLS for about a month so far and have really fell in love with it. I own a 84 Corvette, a 84 full size Blazer that I converted into a pickup and a 96 GMC Safari mini-van that I tossed a 5" lift kit and big tires on. Point being, it's been a while since I owned something that has a rider friendly suspension on it. Thanks to everyone, this site has been a ton of help so far. :thumbsup:

chazglenn3
11-22-04, 11:31 PM
I think the one in the front on the passenger side is a vacuum tank. I don't have my shop manual with me right now, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Charles :greendude

Spyder
11-23-04, 03:05 AM
drivers side under the door is definately fuel...don't know about the other one though...?

peteski
11-23-04, 04:26 AM
Your mystery front filter is not a fuel filter (although it sure looks like one).

It is a power steering fluid filter (on the return line). Actually, it is nice that Caddy decided to filter the PS fluid! I'm sure it prolongs the life of the pump and rack!

I was actually thinking of changing it on my 93 Eldo.

Peteski

Spyder
11-23-04, 04:47 AM
hmmm...is there a service interval where it is recommended that it be changed? That's one of those things that probably damned near every car out there still has the original filter in place. :)

Chairman_of_thebored
11-23-04, 08:19 AM
I'd be curious on it's replacement schedule too. Definately easy to get to. I didn't think it had 2 fuel filters or there would have been more chatter about changing both at the same time.

JSMeloche
11-23-04, 11:10 AM
Do you have pics of that mini van with a lift kit??? Im no fan of minivan but with a lift kit it might look sweet!!!

Chairman_of_thebored
11-23-04, 08:57 PM
It's pretty high really. More than most full size GM trucks that are factory.
Hope the pic makes it :rolleyes:

peteski
11-24-04, 03:22 AM
hmmm...is there a service interval where it is recommended that it be changed? That's one of those things that probably damned near every car out there still has the original filter in place. :)

I never found anything on this in either the Owners Manual or in the FSM.

Peteski