: Rendezvous at Baker's Restaurant May 6th (Milford, MI)

rand49er
04-20-12, 10:04 AM
http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp

T (http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp)ime to wash/wax/vac your car and show up at Baker's for the opening day of their summer-long Sunday cruise.

Den_93 and JD03Cobra live a stone's throw from there, so should (hopefully) make it. I'm like 8-9 miles away, and others aren't much further. Welcome other Vs (STS-V, XLR-V), other Caddys, or anybody contemplating buying a V or just reading this thread. Nice restaurant for the wife, miniature golf next door for the kids, and a Dairy Queen across the street.

I'll be there ... anybody else?

Den_93
04-20-12, 11:27 AM
Since I live 3 miles away, I guess I can go. Let me know what time.

a3ritter
04-21-12, 12:37 PM
If I can make it I will.

Larimer
04-21-12, 01:48 PM
I may go. There's an autocross that day that I wanted to go to.

JD03Cobra
04-21-12, 02:31 PM
Just need to find out my daughters hockey schedule but I'm planning on going. Looking forward to this!

rand49er
04-22-12, 10:32 PM
If I can make it I will.Good to hear!

Just need to find out my daughters hockey schedule but I'm planning on going. Looking forward to this!Rink availability is tough. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it. I should be there around 12:45 pm.

I may go. There's an autocross that day that I wanted to go to.Where is it? We've met before at an autocross event (the Auburn Hills Palace) ... maybe we could do it again if it's local.

Cincyenginerd may be picking up his new-to-him '06 V this week. Would love to see it there. Then there's Soulja, ronr, Bigron, and up to a dozen other guys within a short driving distance.

Larimer
04-23-12, 10:49 AM
Detroit SCCA event. Hopefully the link works, but it's the season opener.

http://detroit-scca.org/e107/e107_plugins/calendar_menu/event.php?1336276800.event.374

rand49er
04-23-12, 12:14 PM
The link worked just fine. Thanks!

I'd be up for meeting there (Pontiac Silver Dome). Need a consensus from others here, though.

If we still go to Baker's and don't meet up at the autocross event this time, I'm sure guys here would want to do another one. For example, I noticed that on May 19th, there's an rally event scheduled at "Thistle Hill in South Lyon." I've lived here nearly nine years, now, and I've never heard of this place. I'll email the contact and check this out.

acaringnihilist
04-23-12, 02:45 PM
I may be in for this. I was planning on attending the season opening autocross event but its not looking too good at the moment.

rand49er
04-25-12, 07:02 PM
Zaino'd my car yesterday then put the cover on. Now, I just have to keep it looking good for another 10 days.

JD03Cobra
04-26-12, 01:28 PM
Zaino'd my car yesterday then put the cover on. Now, I just have to keep it looking good for another 10 days.

You gotta post pics with those new wheels!!! Looking forward to seeing them in person.

rand49er
04-26-12, 02:03 PM
Jason, I'm going to LaFontaine Cadillac tonight to see the ATS they've got. Wife, son, and I will probably catch something to eat on the way, so be there around 6:30-7:00.

Any chance you're going tonight?

Larimer
04-26-12, 02:40 PM
I'd be interested to hear your feedback on the ATS.

JD03Cobra
04-26-12, 02:56 PM
Jason, I'm going to LaFontaine Cadillac tonight to see the ATS they've got. Wife, son, and I will probably catch something to eat on the way, so be there around 6:30-7:00.

Any chance you're going tonight?

I did get the invite but I won't be able to make it. Keep us posted with your thoughts.

cincyenginerd
04-26-12, 05:23 PM
Cincyenginerd may be picking up his new-to-him '06 V this week. Would love to see it there. Then there's Soulja, ronr, Bigron, and up to a dozen other guys within a short driving distance.

Don't know if i'll be making this one after all... first deal didn't work out. Looking at another V on Sunday, so i'll be with you guys in spirit!

rand49er
04-26-12, 05:53 PM
... first deal didn't work out ..That's too bad. Well, rather maybe it was meant to be. Your V is still out there ... waiting. Good luck!

rand49er
05-01-12, 01:33 PM
Okay, an hour ago, intellicast.com showed the weather to be partly cloudy and 64 deg on Sunday.

Now, an hour later, it's showing thunderstorms and 76 deg.

I'll check in another hour. Probably show snow and 28 deg. :cookoo:

JD03Cobra
05-01-12, 09:20 PM
So far it's looking like I will be there around 12:30 pending the beautiful MI weather.

rand49er
05-01-12, 10:26 PM
Looking forward to it, Jason. :thumbsup:

Fickle intellicast is back to partly cloudy and 64 deg for Sunday.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Bigron
05-02-12, 02:52 PM
Are we going to try and camp out in one area? I remember a bunch of guys in the back left corner last time.

rand49er
05-02-12, 05:58 PM
Yeah, there's usually room in the parking lot near the restaurant itself slightly to rear and to the right of it ... pretty much right in the action.

Seems like just "the regulars" are going to show up. Frustrating.

Ron, could you start a thread in the V2 section and see if anyone there wants to come out? Whaddya think?

Bigron
05-02-12, 11:39 PM
It was already started. I will try to text you once I am on my way to see if you guys have a spot

rand49er
05-05-12, 08:44 AM
Detroit area guys, this Baker's get together and the Woodward Dream Cruise in August are the only two times we really do each year, so I'm hoping we see more V owners tomorrow than just the four or five of us that usually show up. BTW, I'll post up pics tomorrow afternoon.

Weather? Partly cloudy and cooler at 67 deg ... perfect!

Larimer
05-05-12, 10:33 AM
I may try to get there. Don't think I'm going to the autocross.

JD03Cobra
05-05-12, 10:17 PM
Detroit area guys, this Baker's get together and the Woodward Dream Cruise in August are the only two times we really do each year

We really need to plan a few more! I will be there around 12:45p. Looking forward to it!

rand49er
05-05-12, 10:55 PM
We really need to plan a few more! I will be there around 12:45p. Looking forward to it!I should be pulling almost that exact same time. Maybe we should try to show up at some of these autocross events. I just joined the SCCA, so I'm on their email list. If I wasn't so afraid of embarrassing myself totally, I'd love to do one of those.

Glad to see Larimer will be making it. :thumbsup:

Bigron
05-06-12, 11:26 AM
Not sure what the accu-Randy weather service is saying but it looks beautiful out. Just did a one over once the car, now it is time for church and then a ~1pm arrival.

JD03Cobra
05-06-12, 10:26 PM
Great to see the guys once again! I have to say these Linea Corse wheels of Randy's look outstanding. Pictures don't do these justice...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/Randy1.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/Randy2.jpg

rand49er
05-06-12, 11:03 PM
Ah, yes, Accu-rand49er's weather forecast was spot on. PERFECT weather for Baker's first car show of 2012. About 68-ish deg F and hazy sunshine.

I got there about 12:42 pm, and Den_93 was already there in his black V with Livernois heads/cam/Kooks/Corsa/electric cutouts. I pulled in next to him, and JD03Cobra's Platinum with Kooks/Magnaflow/chrome wheels came in soon after.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0083.jpg

Soon, Den_93's buddy, Bob, came in with his brand-new 2012 V2. Still had his temporary tags on it, IIRC.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0085-1.jpg

Torxila (George) wanted me to get a pic of his motor. I'm not sure why, because you can't tell from the photo that he's had his pulleys done, a custom blower cam installed, and of course tuned to over 700 hp. If he wanted to impress Gloria, I don't know why because he was already married to her. Nonetheless, I obliged and here's the pic.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0089.jpg

Den_93's had to leave with his 4-year-old son who had a birthday party this afternoon, but he graced us with his electric cutouts and a few revs ... very LOUD revs I might add. The guy in the red 5.0 Mustang came over to me while Den_93 was leaving and shouted to be heard, "Unbelievable." He was astounded at a Caddy sounding like that. Little did he know, the rest of us were, too. Dennis, you out did yourself this time.

Then, Bigron showed up in his V2 and parked where the red Mustang had been (I guess the guy was so shaken by hearing Den_93's car, he couldn't take it anymore), so I took a couple more pics of Bigron's V2, JD03Cobra's Platinum, and yours truly's Stealth Gray.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0090.jpg

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0092.jpg

And one more showing some rear ends ...

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0086.jpg

Mopars, 'Stangs, Vettes, Lambos, and even a VW bug 4WD that you'd have to see to believe ... and that doesn't even begin to describe all the cars at this first Baker's car show ... and it's FREE! Wish I had lots of time and lots of $ to enjoy all the gorgeous cars that occupy this parking lot every Sunday afternoon throughout the summer. Definitely one of the better shows out there.

Okay, guys ... we need to meet up at an autocross next time then maybe go to Gingerman. I, for one, would love it!

Larimer
05-07-12, 11:18 AM
Sorry I missed it, looks like a good show. I definitely want to get to Waterford Hills this summer sometime.

Den_93
05-07-12, 12:13 PM
Nice write up Jason. Good to see you guys again. We should try meet once a month.

cincyenginerd
05-07-12, 03:32 PM
I wish I could have made it, fellas! Looks like everyone had fun. Rims look great, Randy!

rand49er
05-07-12, 04:47 PM
Thanks, cincy.

Once a month? Same place or different place each time? Not to dismiss your suggestion, Larimer, but let's entertain some suggestions ...

Here's one possibility:
Saturday June 23, 2012 - Detroit Region of SCCA -- Great Lakes Solo Series Divisional at Pontiac Silver Dome

Larimer
05-07-12, 11:21 PM
Eh, it's fine. I'm going there regardless of if you guys want to. Just don't know when yet.

JD03Cobra
05-09-12, 12:45 AM
I can do Bakers most weekends at a minimum. Autocross or even Milan would be cool.

Den_93
05-09-12, 12:27 PM
A different place would be cool. Autocross sounds fun. I would go to Milan again.

ronr
05-09-12, 12:58 PM
Hey gang, my regrets for not making it this time. I've been spending an inordinate amount of time in the Fatherland (oooohhhhhhhh what I wouldn't give to have my V over here on the Autobahn!) The cars all looked great. Hopefully I can catch you next time.

V6TA-MI
05-09-12, 09:29 PM
I'm up for a track day at Waterford Hills.

Glenn

rand49er
05-09-12, 11:01 PM
I say, let's do all three!

Can we do the autocross at the Silver Dome on June 23rd, then figure out some other dates for Milan and Waterford Hills? We could do Milan most any time on a "test and tune" night. Not sure how Waterford Hills works. Can you clue us in, Glenn?