: First ride in the V = Dad's shocking sailor mouth

SoCal_V
04-20-12, 01:44 AM
So I picked up my 70-something year old father at the airport today, in the V. He's never ridden in it, and never seen it. My car is only a few months old and it's the first time he's visited. He's a car guy and has owned many fast cars in his life.

Let's cut to the chase here...after a few full throttle blasts from 2nd gear through 4th down the freeway and from stoplights, I could feel my cheeks going red, my forehead getting sweaty, and my pulse quickening as my father spewed curse words and expletives that would make a sailor blush. As the V pushed him harder into the seat, he would grab the door handle as his knuckles went white, while he dropped expletive combos I didn't know existed. And not in a bad way, but more on a "Jesus f**king Christ, OMFG holy s**t" kind of way.

I admit it, I was shocked and a bit embarrassed but at the same time a little bit proud. Proud that this car is so absurdly fast that it would reduce a kind, wise, mature man to cursing like the demon in The Exorcist...and proud that my own father could drop the F bomb so many times between stoplights.

Reason #538 to own a CTS-V: free entertainment. I saw a different side of my Dad today. Thank you V. :lildevil:

V locity
04-20-12, 08:09 AM
Did you have to clean up the pea soup too :)

cadzilla32
04-20-12, 08:34 AM
Reason #538 to own a CTS-V: free entertainment. I saw a different side of my Dad today. Thank you V. :lildevil:

:thumbsup: Had a very similar experience with my C5 driving father back around the holidays. Although, let me be honest, I too drop a few combo f-bombs from time-to-time as I work on pointing the car straight after a 1-2 shift :-)

litig8r187
04-20-12, 02:01 PM
Yea, I took my much older brother (16 years my Sr. and well over 60) on a ride a few months ago. He is very conservative with his vehicles now but did he some serious street/drag racing when he was in his 20's . He always trashes modern muscle cars and says they can't hold a candle to his old '56 Chevy or '67 Camaro. He squealed like a little girl after a few 160 mph sprints in the V. Cracked me up.

readyact
04-20-12, 02:29 PM
Priceless.

khoeysr
04-20-12, 02:35 PM
Quality time with your Dad. Great stuff.

I lost my Dad in January 2011. But he had a chance to ride in my 09 sedan and my 11 coupe. He always remarked about how they sounded, and a couple of times he would tell me "I heard you drive by last night". The sound was unmistakable to him, sedan or coupe.

I took him with me to pick up the sedan because he once told me that his dad, my grandfather, had always wanted a Cadiilac, and mine would be our family's first. It was really cool to walk around the dealership with him and finally get my car.

JFJr
04-20-12, 04:17 PM
Ha haa! These cars always leave an impression on people of all ages. It's good that younger folks are buying them, too.

Jud

neuronbob
04-20-12, 04:20 PM
Awesome post. I'll be taking my V in a few weeks when I visit my Dad as well, who hasn't seen it. I can't wait to share the experience with him. This is just part of being a good son, you know.

brian-nicola
04-20-12, 08:26 PM
Great stories. OK, now what are you going to do when Dad says "gimmie the keys..son"

hunterkiller
04-21-12, 09:40 PM
The best thread ever.Every sons dream to out perform his father

cadzilla32
04-22-12, 08:47 AM
Great stories. OK, now what are you going to do when Dad says "gimmie the keys..son"

Same as my father told me when I asked to drive his new Z06. "Sure son, you can drive it...when I'm dead!" then chuckled away. Love ya pops!