: Bluetooth and OnStar

Trionalaw
04-19-12, 05:27 PM
right now, my Bluetooth seems to run through OnStar. I am not certain I'm going to continue with OnStar. My beast is a 2012 CTS V coupe. Do I need OnStar to still have the Bluetooth capability? Certainly didn't need it in my M3.

Thanks so much,

Jim

baabootoo
04-19-12, 08:51 PM
No, they are separate. The Bluetooth goes through the car only.

airtroop01
04-19-12, 09:35 PM
as the other guy said, pair your phone with Bluetooth built into your deck/steering wheel/hands free setup. no need for onstar to make and receive calls.

Trionalaw
04-20-12, 12:18 PM
as the other guy said, pair your phone with Bluetooth built into your deck/steering wheel/hands free setup. no need for onstar to make and receive calls.

thanks so much for the responses. I must have paired it wrong. I do get OnStar when I used it. I will set it up again this weekend.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim

cvs
04-21-12, 04:17 PM
thanks so much for the responses. I must have paired it wrong. I do get OnStar when I used it. I will set it up again this weekend.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim

How are you initiating the call? If you hit the phone button the mirror that's going to use OnStar. If your phone is properly paired with the car and you start a call from the cell phone it should go through the car speakers.