Cadillac Owners Forum banner

help broken fob

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
I bought my 09 v about a month ago and the dealership only had one key which was falling apart. I ordered 2 new keys in hopes that they would get here before the original completely broke. Well they were about a day too late.

I have been trying all day to program them with no luck. I oredered them from GM so I know that they are the correct keys.

After the 30 mins process the dic reads ready to learn electronic key # 1 but it just sits there and does nothing.

Am I missing something or is there something wrong? I don't want to have to pay to tow to the dealership if I don't have to. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

#3 ·
Katie thanks for your response. Yes I was following the directions in the manual and it took me about 15 tries but I finally got it working this morning. I actually tried so many times yesterday that I killed my battery so I had to let it charge overnight. But first try this morning it worked. All is good now.

Thanks
Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.