: 2007 Fuel System/Gas Cap Issue

blairblair27
04-19-12, 03:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased my first Escalade, a 2007, with full knowledge that the check engine light was coming on for time to time with what the previous owner described as a "gas cap" issue. I went out and bought a OBD II scanner so I could reset the light whenever it comes on (and I could enjoy my remote start) but it is getting annoying. The code is P0462 "Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Low Voltage". Took it to a dealer and they said it could be caused by a improperly fitting gas cap? The cap clicks on but i feel like I can jiggle it around with my hand... should it be screwed on super tight like a bottle cap on a liquid??? I went out and tried 2 different gas caps but they did not solve the problem.. The problem is most common right after I fill up, it causes the fuel gauge to go to "0" and then the engine light comes on.... and it seems I can alleviate it by kinda wedging the gas cap on in the perfect way, which is kind of difficult to do... Is there something I can add on to my gas cap to create a better seal? Am i going down the wrong road entirely? I love my new car so much but i dont know what to do...

Ghost Deany
04-19-12, 04:09 PM
tried 2 diff caps? OEM caps from the dealer?

hcvone
04-19-12, 04:28 PM
Some states like Pa run a cap check as part of the inspection, the dealership or a good station should have a Snap On or equal was to test the cap for you

blairblair27
04-19-12, 05:51 PM
tried 2 diff caps? OEM caps from the dealer?

No.. just from local auto parts stores that said they would fit... Can I order an OEM cap online? or is it my best bet to go to a dealer?

----------

Some states like Pa run a cap check as part of the inspection, the dealership or a good station should have a Snap On or equal was to test the cap for you

I had to have a smog check when I transferred the title to my name, and the cap did pass the test... Maybe its something more to do with how its fitting on the truck

Ghost Deany
04-19-12, 08:25 PM
Id just get it from local dealer, i replaced mine last October, it was like 19$

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-20-12, 01:45 PM
I'm in agreement with Ghost Deany; going back to your dealership for service/parts would be your best bet.

Please let us know how it goes!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service