: Has anyone ever fitted a gauge into the dash to repalce the clock?

Havasusteve
04-19-12, 08:57 AM
Just as the topic indicates, I am looking for somewhere to mount my Aquamist Methanol guage without distracting from the interior to much. My only other option is to have a gauge pod made to mount, but that isnt my 1st choice. If I have to have a pod made, then I will go with another AFR gauge installed.

Pics??

thebigjimsho
04-19-12, 06:26 PM
Yes, its been done a number of times...

Captain McFunk
04-20-12, 10:37 AM
Not to thread hijack, but is there any way to get a digital clock on the navigation unit? I HATE having to determine what time it is on the analog. I've never seen a navigation unit with no clock on the main screen. I don't want to hit config every time i want to see the time.

thebigjimsho
04-20-12, 04:48 PM
Look at your watch.

Havasusteve
04-21-12, 02:56 AM
Yes, its been done a number of times...

Thanks for the input, I am looking for video or instructions; still shot etc. I have searched this forum; another forum and the only thing I come up with is a grainy video by You-Know-Who of a Nav. Unlocker UTube video.

If you or someone else has a link, I would be most grateful. I am ready to install my Aquamist gauge and need schematics/idea of wiring/access etc.

Thanks

Steve

Captain McFunk
04-21-12, 06:38 PM
Look at your watch.

I rock analog watches too. Sad, sad story of my life...

Ste_V_e
04-21-12, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3vYuicnL4&feature=plcp&context=C475b6e2VDvjVQa1PpcFNkePww5kE32pT-eDOeUVloO07xGkXw1J4%3D

Havasusteve
04-21-12, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3vYuicnL4&feature=plcp&context=C475b6e2VDvjVQa1PpcFNkePww5kE32pT-eDOeUVloO07xGkXw1J4%3D

Steve,

Thanks got that one too. Its basically an advertisement for W4M, I DO appreciate you help.

Steve

thebigjimsho
04-22-12, 01:36 AM
There should be a number of threads. I'll see if I can find them...

Havasusteve
04-30-12, 02:10 AM
So, I utilized the video posted by W4M some time ago about accessing the DVD locker and took it from there. In the attached photos, I removed the center dash then was able to remove the clock itself. With some manipulation; drilling and weather stripping, I was able to fit the Aquamist gauge into the existing clock housing. I must say that I am pleased with the results.

In my opinion, this area can be utilized for any type of gauge placement. The fortunate thing about the Aquamist gauge is that it has the same color face as the other components and was the right size to fit within the existing clock housing maintaining a truly OEM look. Even my wife wont notice :canttalk:

whytediamond
04-30-12, 09:27 PM
Looks good, im looking for some guage options too. Just bought an obd2 scanner that has some live data capabilities so ill see how that wrks first. Guess you could fit any reg sized air/fuel guage in there too?

Havasusteve
05-01-12, 01:51 AM
Yes, I believe any gauge; like a 2 5/8" PLX would fit in there. Now, it may not accept the chrome beauty ring that surrounds the clock, but shold fit in there regardless.