: 2007 Escalade with Nav CD player problem

Roger1079
04-18-12, 03:14 PM
I have searched and not been able to find any info on this.

Out of the blue the other day while driving, my truck decided to stop playing the mp3 disc that was in it and spit it out. I tried putting it back in and was told it was unreadable.

I then tried loading an audio cd which plays but at a low volume with a ton of static. Loading a DVD, I get perfect video, but the audio is full of static and very low.

AM, FM, and XM are all working fine and crystal clear, as is the Navigation disc. I am using a newer version of the Nav disc than the factory one, but it has been months since the upgrade and this is the first issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-19-12, 11:19 AM
I'm really sorry to hear you've been experiencing this, Roger1079! Have you had the chance to try a different mp3 CD yet? When a CD is ejected suddenly, there could be several reasons for it. The temperature could be too hot, the road you're driving on could be too rough, the CD could be dirty/scratched/wet/upside down, the air could be very humid, the format of the CD may not be compatible, or the CD's label may even be caught in the CD player. Page 282 of your owners manual has instructions regarding the format and creation of a mp3 disc, which I'm sure you've already consulted, but it might help to go over those instructions again just to double check.

If the audio static continues (especially since it seems to be occurring with your DVD audio as well), I would recommend contacting your Cadillac dealer for service. Please keep us posted on your progress!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

gilbbarr
07-01-12, 04:33 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this iam having te same exact problem?

hannity
07-01-12, 05:21 PM
If the truck is paid for swap it out with one of these nav units. You will most likely loose some functions. However I'm not sure, but units nowadays come with detachable faces and you have a lot more toys to play with than the stock system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTpHDM3dhc&feature=relmfu