: Might this affect the V ?

BWhite58
04-18-12, 10:53 AM
interesting thoughts .
http://blog.caranddriver.com/cadillac-confirms-future-coupe-wagon-variants%E2%80%94but-maybe-not-for-cts/

FLTRI
04-18-12, 02:11 PM
Interesting indeed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "It's a good time to be a gear-head"...

GM-4-LIFE
04-18-12, 02:29 PM
Let's hope we see the ATS Coupe soon and hopefully, the ATS-V will have a V8 and not a twin turbo V6.

Sounds like there may NOT be a 3rd gen CTS-V, but rather an ATS-V.

DiamondWhtV
04-18-12, 02:46 PM
Seems I read somewhere that the ATS-V will have the active fuel management to improve fuel economy. Not a big fan of the active fuel management but it is coming and will be on all performance cars in the future. Unfortunately, the AFM and with any type of aggressive exhaust note make it sound a little like a 2 cycle motor boat. This forces the exhaust to be toned down from the factory so it isn't as noticible. To me that would take away the distinction of the "V" series.

baabootoo
04-18-12, 05:45 PM
I would have gotten a V wagon if they had them when I bought mine.

thebigjimsho
04-18-12, 06:14 PM
Let's hope we see the ATS Coupe soon and hopefully, the ATS-V will have a V8 and not a twin turbo V6.

Sounds like there may NOT be a 3rd gen CTS-V, but rather an ATS-V.No way there won't be a 3rd gen CTS-V...

neuronbob
04-18-12, 09:52 PM
I would have gotten a V wagon if they had them when I bought mine.

Me, too.

Moneypenny
04-18-12, 11:28 PM
No way there won't be a 3rd gen CTS-V...

I read a while ago that the new platform of the 3rd-gen CTS isn't going to be able to support a motor/power/drivetrain combo that the current V offers, and doubted the availability of future CTS-V offerings. Wish I could find the link for that, but it's eluding me right now. :-P

Kluch
04-19-12, 04:36 AM
If they don't make a 3rd gen CTS-V, then there's no way the ATS-V gets a turbo V6. Cram an LSA in there and be done with it.

litig8r187
04-19-12, 01:08 PM
Good God! Don't tell me that! Here I am thinking of parting with my 2010 V to help finish paying my kids college tuition and waiting for the 2014 V as my personal incentive.

RippyPartsDept
04-19-12, 01:24 PM
calm down everyone ... it's all speculation ... and who really thinks that cadillac's best brand (CTS-V) is going to get dropped? really guys c'mon

thebigjimsho
04-19-12, 06:17 PM
I read a while ago that the new platform of the 3rd-gen CTS isn't going to be able to support a motor/power/drivetrain combo that the current V offers, and doubted the availability of future CTS-V offerings. Wish I could find the link for that, but it's eluding me right now. :-P

It is a FACT that an LS engine can fit in the Alpha platform. The next CTS will be on a stretched Alpha. The next Camaro will be on an Alpha.

There will be a next gen CTS-V...

undertaker
04-20-12, 01:17 AM
I like the 1 in 3 CTS wagons is a V statement. Thats pretty darn cool, yet again I wish I could have found a BD wagon last fall.