: Swap emmm.. Wheel locks..

Nice Ride
04-17-12, 03:18 AM
If you have the time, few bucks and believe in an ounce of prevention goes a long way.... Swap out your old wheel locks with the re-designed ones for the 2012's. Way better, harder to remove without the key. Also, take time to hide the key... It helps should you have a knucklehead that wants to try and take your shoes off the truck...

hcvone
04-17-12, 06:33 AM
If you have the time, few bucks and believe in an ounce of prevention goes a long way.... Swap out your old wheel locks with the re-designed ones for the 2012's. Way better, harder to remove without the key. Also, take time to hide the key... It helps should you have a knucklehead that wants to try and take your shoes off the truck...

The factory does not supply wheel locks, must be your dealership. :)

Nice Ride
04-17-12, 09:56 PM
Every truck on the local lots around here have wheel locks installed. GM locks. The new locks are way different to help deter knuckleheads... I tried to upload a photo, but it was too big.

hcvone
04-18-12, 06:41 AM
Every truck on the local lots around here have wheel locks installed. GM locks. The new locks are way different to help deter knuckleheads... I tried to upload a photo, but it was too big.

Must be a lot of stolen wheels in your area, no wheel locks on any Escalade on the lots up here, or on any Escalade I have purchased so far. :)

robs07esv
04-18-12, 07:01 AM
My dealer puts wheel locks and shock sensors on all Escalades with 22's and navigation. They didn't till last fall when some "nice people" decided they "needed" all the nav units and then a couple of weeks later "needed" all the 22's! Nice dealer in the middle of a field about 25 miles north of Detroit. When we were looking for mine we went to our local Cadillac dealer and found 1 or 2 (can't remember) Escalades on blocks and lug nuts laying on the ground. So needless to say mine has wheel locks and cap locks (since the caps were stolen right after I got it). I will have to check out the new locks!

Nice Ride
04-18-12, 03:40 PM
Can you include the info on your cap locks? Thanks..

amunderdog
04-18-12, 05:14 PM
The tire places around here like to use there impact wrench on the keys.
I have had two sets ruined.
One set i nearly failed to get off one last time.
I have enough trouble with over torqued lug nuts:(
Always check the tire shops work is my advice.

chakde
04-18-12, 09:11 PM
I am also interested the the cap lok info as well

robs07esv
04-18-12, 09:25 PM
Here is the link for the locks that I bought. I got them off ebay for the same price. Someone else on here installed them on his Escalade after having his stolen and hasn't had a problem. I have had no problems since installing. I also wonder if you just put the bolt through the center cap if it would have the same effect??? Nobody will buy a used cap with a hole drilled in it. Anyway here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHEEL-RIM-CENTER-HUB-CAPS-CABLE-LOCKS-UNIVERSAL-KIT-/360431067679?hash=item53eb5da21f&item=360431067679&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_4339wt_1416 If it doesn't work just search under the parts and accessories section. It takes about a half hour to install and use blue painters tape on the outside of your cap so it doesn't splinter and I used about 6 different bits moving up in size to minimize damage.