: Dual exhaust word on the street...

Nice Ride
04-17-12, 04:13 AM
A reliable resource said that GM will be making a re-design to the Dual Exhaust later in the year so a spare will be put back in and keep the dual. Any other word on the street?

hcvone
04-17-12, 07:37 AM
A reliable resource said that GM will be making a re-design to the Dual Exhaust later in the year so a spare will be put back in and keep the dual. Any other word on the street?

You can do it with the ESV and EXT, but not the standard lenght we have been told

Nice Ride
04-17-12, 09:48 AM
With the new dual OEM, or after market? I was told that the OEM is in the process of re-design, too many customers want the spare factory, not just selling them one after the fact. Why didn't GM put the spare in the floor from inside?

hcvone
04-17-12, 12:41 PM
With the new dual OEM, or after market? I was told that the OEM is in the process of re-design, too many customers want the spare factory, not just selling them one after the fact. Why didn't GM put the spare in the floor from inside?

With the new dual exhaust, I have seen it installed on two different ESV's, but if you look under a standard length model there is no way it will fit, even if you moved the air pump, there is just no room if you want a spare. I am going backwards, and if my new platinum comes with the duals I am going to make it look like my other two 2012's

LeftLane
04-19-12, 03:21 AM
Most of car manufactures are doing away with spare tires and replacing with a can of fix a flat or run flat tires.