: Need Help Finding Headers For A 2009 Escalade.

TexasAggie
04-16-12, 11:57 PM
My warranty just exp so I am looking to buy headers for my Escalade. I looked around the forum found some stuff but i don't know much about them. So whats the best brand for the price? And if you have any tips for install that would be very helpful. And if you know of any other performance upgrades that would also be helpfull.

Longhorn79
04-17-12, 01:52 AM
I went with ARH headers, a Corsa Touring exhaust and Volant CAI w/ air scoop. I had mine professionally installed.

Hope that help!!

hcvone
04-17-12, 07:43 AM
I have used Kook's and American Racing Headers (ARH) they are probably the two best headers for these trucks

K9Caddy
04-17-12, 09:36 AM
Carl- Did you notice any difference between the two, quality wise, etc?

TexasAggie
04-18-12, 09:05 AM
I am looking at the corsa exhaust. how do you like it? and is the Touring much quieter than the Sport?

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-18-12, 03:05 PM
Hi TexasAggie,

Glad to see you're already receiving helpful feedback from the community! I just wanted to jump on this thread to let you know I'm happy to assist you if you ever have any specific questions or need me to research your particular vehicle (build info, warranties, etc.) on your behalf. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone
04-18-12, 07:37 PM
Carl- Did you notice any difference between the two, quality wise, etc?

ARH is a spinoff of Kooks, they both have very good headers with thick flanges, I have used both on my trucks and Corvette's

K9Caddy
04-19-12, 09:37 AM
Thanks Carl, I've heard that before. I just can't believe that there are absolutely no differences between the two brands.

BlownEscalade
04-19-12, 10:55 AM
I use to have JBA shorties headers, Corsa Touring on my 03' Supercharged and loved the combo. Don't know how that would compare to the newer Escalades.

hcvone
04-19-12, 11:32 AM
Thanks Carl, I've heard that before. I just can't believe that there are absolutely no differences between the two brands.

They both offer 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 tubing, they both are made of 304 SS, they both have 3/8" flanges for bolting to the heads, they are both 3" exit, the flanges where they bolt to the exhaust y pipe are slightly different, but as I said these are the two best headers for our trucks I have seen, it's no accident they are so close

LeftLane
04-21-12, 08:58 AM
kooks!!

K9Caddy
04-21-12, 09:10 AM
Can you please elaborate?

LeftLane
04-21-12, 03:30 PM
Here is what I know as I just put Kooks headers on my Z06 corvette and American Racing headers on my buddy's Z06. As far as which one is better in performance, I don't feel you will find a major difference between the two. Also I don't know about the how these headers come for the Escalade,I only know about the vette.

First the Kooks came with 02 sensor extensions wrap in heat resistance foil,all new header bolts,and I nicer exhaust manifold gasket.
The American Racer headers 02 sensor are covered in a mesh type material (it might be heat resistance,but it didn't look like it to me) The AM headers did not come with new header bolts,and a cheaper looking exhaust manifold gasket. A plus for the AM headers, comes with a wide band bung already in the header.

The AM headers usually cost more than the kooks. I order mine from a place called Maryland Speed, call them and ask if they can work you a forum discount.