: Sedan throwing codes after big rainstorm

jwa999
04-16-12, 05:29 PM
It was coming down really hard yesterday morning, car was parked outside.
When i drove it a few hours later, it started throwing all sorts of warning messages after 1 minute. radio turns on/off, service a/c, service suspention, etc.
I waited a few hours, but same thing again after 1 or 2 minutes driving.
Unfortunately, it was sunday. This morning, it seem to have stopped, but after 10 minutes, it started up again. So i drive directly to the dealer, but of course, they can't find anything, except they see all the codes.
Seems like water somehow got to the computer or a bus somewhere.. Anybody had a similar experience?

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-17-12, 10:14 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, jwa999. So, the warning messages are still persisting after you took your Cadillac to the dealership?

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jwa999
04-18-12, 12:25 AM
They reset all the codes. I'm sure it was caused by the rain, as much as the service adviser told me. It has not happened since. Trouble is, as i understand it, there is a computer bus going all over the car to all the components. So at any connector, if some water came in, it can upset the readings. There's just no way to tell where it happened. I have warranty till 2015, so in case it happens again and it will persist for a day like it did but not on a weekend they might track down where it is.
I've had a/c electrical problems twice when using the wrong air disinfectant spray that caused shorts in the a/c fan controller. Don't use a glycol based product, it conducts electricity.

thebigjimsho
04-18-12, 06:02 PM
That does not sound promising. Rain caused electrical issues is going to be a bitch...

ajjones44
04-20-12, 12:47 PM
This is also happening to me but the dealer here can't get me into the shop till next Friday, another reason why I hate being stationed in Germany. The car will not start and will not hold a charge. First there was steering issues, next the traction control went, then all the lights and warnings on the dash went off. Next to mention all the beeps and alerts I had to listen to on the way home. Any input?